Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #1 of 56 (2463 views)
Shortcut
Tony Blair for Pope?? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Will born again Catholic Tony Blair throw his hat in the ring
after Benedict's resignation today?

No skeletons in his cupboard Tongue

Strange resignation as there can't be many [popes] who
have not died in office. First since 15th century apparently.

Cynical me says a story re his past may soon break.....

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 11, 2013, 12:41 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 56 (2452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tony Blair would make a great pope after all the years he spent pontificating to the masses over here.SlySly

sandhurstbee
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 11, 2013, 1:29 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #3 of 56 (2434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Will born again Catholic Tony Blair throw his hat in the ring
after Benedict's resignation today?

No skeletons in his cupboard Tongue

Strange resignation as there can't be many [popes] who
have not died in office. First since 15th century apparently.

Perhaps he is involved in Betting scam for when he was voted in originally Sly

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

buncranaboy

Feb 11, 2013, 1:53 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #4 of 56 (2424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've just been reading about Jimmy Savile kissing the papal ring. Put me right off my lunch, it did.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 11, 2013, 2:06 PM

Post #5 of 56 (2416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Shocked

UKPunk

Feb 11, 2013, 2:41 PM

Post #6 of 56 (2406 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Involving alter boys possibly?

What's needed is a dose of this.......Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td-6iZqJlUg

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 11, 2013, 2:44 PM

Post #7 of 56 (2405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

He he...but what is more worrying is how you
had this to hand in the first place??????

UKPunk

Feb 11, 2013, 2:53 PM

Post #8 of 56 (2402 views)
Shortcut

I Googled 'Anti Priest Spray as I was expecting to find an advert from a few years ago that appeared in that marvellous publication 'Viz'.

And now I've found it.......Cool

http://godlessliberals.com/...repellant-spray.html

acmold

Feb 11, 2013, 4:55 PM

Post #9 of 56 (2380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Could Mr Blair not be Pope, Archbishop of Canterbury and Chief Rabi, save a few bob if he did all three jobs, for all I care he could be leader of every faith on earth.

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Feb 11, 2013, 5:07 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #10 of 56 (2375 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I heard Harry Redknapp is already packing his bags after the Pope's sudden resignation.

Fernandes reckons QPR need a miracle now, or possibly even an exorcism!

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

jrev61

Feb 11, 2013, 8:15 PM

Team(s): None

Post #11 of 56 (2345 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As a matter of interest what title if any does a ex-pope have?

jrev61

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 11, 2013, 8:26 PM

Post #12 of 56 (2340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Deceased....but a few have been beatified.

Just one from England, who was, apparently, the
fore father of the founder of the Breakspear Brewery.

You learn something new every day....

(This post was edited by DonQuixote on Feb 11, 2013, 8:28 PM)

jon b
First Team Star

Feb 11, 2013, 9:53 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #13 of 56 (2320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Tony Blair would make a great pope after all the years he spent pontificating to the masses over here.SlySly

No, you're forgetting the doctrine of Papal Infallibility. They are all knowing and always right. I'd better tell the missus there's a job opportunity for her. Tongue

Andrelux
First Team Regular

Feb 11, 2013, 10:31 PM

Team(s): Brentford (for my sins - obviously done something really bad in a past life

Post #14 of 56 (2309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What odds Charlie boy has been pointing out to his mum that Benedict has resigned because he felt he was too old and no longer up to the job, when he's a year younger than the Queen?

"I say mater, have you seen the news... just a thought"

Chris1963

Feb 11, 2013, 10:58 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #15 of 56 (2298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's a relief that this bloke has resigned, because if he had died in office all the following weekend's football matches in Italy would have been called off as a mark of respect. That's what happened when the last one died, and I hope no-one on this forum had booked a trip to Italy to watch football because they would have had a wasted trip. Hopefully the next pope will be 25 and I won't have to worry about him dying during my lifetime.

By the way, when the last one died (in 2007 or 2008 I think) there was a work colleague who was a very devout Catholic. So devout in fact, that when the death was announced she immediately booked a flight to Rome and spent much of the time there in the public area at the funeral crying. And all for a man who probably hated women.
She happened to speak to a journalist from the UK who was there and as a result she got a mention in the 'Guardian' the following Saturday, being described as "Bridgette (surname) a civil servant from South Mimms"

UKPunk

Feb 11, 2013, 10:59 PM

Post #16 of 56 (2296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What odds Charlie boy has been pointing out to his mum that Benedict has resigned because he felt he was too old and no longer up to the job, when he's a year younger than the Queen?

"I say mater, have you seen the news... just a thought"

And what's the odds she's told him to Naff Orf! Tongue

Andrelux
First Team Regular

Feb 11, 2013, 11:47 PM

Team(s): Brentford (for my sins - obviously done something really bad in a past life

Post #17 of 56 (2283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It's a relief that this bloke has resigned, because if he had died in office all the following weekend's football matches in Italy would have been called off as a mark of respect. That's what happened when the last one died, and I hope no-one on this forum had booked a trip to Italy to watch football because they would have had a wasted trip. Hopefully the next pope will be 25 and I won't have to worry about him dying during my lifetime.

By the way, when the last one died (in 2007 or 2008 I think) there was a work colleague who was a very devout Catholic. So devout in fact, that when the death was announced she immediately booked a flight to Rome and spent much of the time there in the public area at the funeral crying. And all for a man who probably hated women.
She happened to speak to a journalist from the UK who was there and as a result she got a mention in the 'Guardian' the following Saturday, being described as "Bridgette (surname) a civil servant from South Mimms"

I thought South Mimms was a service station???!!! The truth needs to be told... is there a secret underground bunker underneath South Mimms service station, staffed with civil servants busily controlling our lives? Secretly? Or am I just being paranoid? And if so, why?

Incidentally, I am over 25, I was baptised a Roman Catholic (to my eternal shame, although in my defence I didn't have any say in the matter), I haven't studied canon law all that closely, but I believe that I am papabile (I'd need to be a priest to be a pope, but I believe that can be fast tracked, there are precedents).

Anyway, only cardinal priests under the age of 80 can vote, so if there are any of you who visit this site, please PM me so that I can present my manifesto to you. A pope with an interest in English non-league football, who has never taken an interest in small children could both reform the Holy, Catholic and Apostolic chuch and sort out the non league pyramid.

So, to any cardinals out there, vote for me. If you're worried about Marian doctrine, don't worry, I'll issue an encyclical. If you're concerned about step 7 in Yorkshire, ditto (that'd show them). And I've got some contacts about the finance, in case you're worried.

(This post was edited by Andrelux on Feb 12, 2013, 12:02 AM)

paulh66

Feb 12, 2013, 12:09 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #18 of 56 (2270 views)
Shortcut

Papal interference into non-league football sounds like a ruse for launching attacks on the koran. And whether step 5 and 6 clubs should be forced to issue one....

Haven't the Crusades taught us anything??

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Feb 12, 2013, 12:47 AM)

Chris1963

Feb 12, 2013, 12:24 AM

Post #19 of 56 (2262 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I thought South Mimms was a service station???!!! The truth needs to be told... is there a secret underground bunker underneath South Mimms service station, staffed with civil servants busily controlling our lives?

Nice one mate, but just to avoid any confusion, South Mimms was where our friend Bridgette lived, not the name of the office (or secret bunker) where she worked. There is a village there as well as a service station.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Feb 12, 2013, 12:25 AM)

buncranaboy

Feb 12, 2013, 12:36 AM

Post #20 of 56 (2254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And your reason for thinking that the pope "probably hated women" ?

Andrelux
First Team Regular

Feb 12, 2013, 1:04 AM

Post #21 of 56 (2247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Papal interference into non-league football sounds like a ruse for launching attacks on the koran. And whether step 5 and 6 clubs should be forced to issue one....

Haven't the Crusades tought us anything??

My candidacy will address all those issues, and obviously be inclusive of all beliefs (although clearly, if you are not a member of the one, true and apostolic church, then you've got some work to do).Were I to be, by the grace of God, elevated to be the successor of St Peter, then I will be ecumencal and inclusive, but that only goes so far. I would set the limits at Sussex.

As for your possibly rhetorical question about the Crusades, well yes. They've taught us a lot. What, exactly, I can't tell you until I've examined the records of previous popes, although I believe that it involves judicious application of suntan lotion.

Notwithstanding, go out and speak to your cardinal friends (we all have at least one friend who's a cardinal, after all, many of us more than one). The future of the Pyramid depends on it.

Go out and prepare for papacy!!!

(This post was edited by Andrelux on Feb 12, 2013, 1:10 AM)

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 12, 2013, 5:20 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #22 of 56 (2154 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I believe that I am papabile

I thought that was the unpleasant feeling I get in my intestines when priests start pontificating in public.

ciderjon
First Team Star

Feb 12, 2013, 10:50 PM

Team(s):

Post #23 of 56 (2121 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Father Jack for Pope

Last new Belgian beer: Lupulus (formerly Trois Fourquets) Triple 8.5% bc (808)

buncranaboy

Feb 12, 2013, 11:23 PM

Post #24 of 56 (2113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ciderjon] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Father Jack for Pope

FECK !!

DRINK.......!

Chris1963

Feb 13, 2013, 7:57 PM

Post #25 of 56 (2051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Tony Blair for Pope?? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

]And your reason for thinking that the pope "probably hated women" ?

I would concede that some individual popes may not personally hate women, but what cannot be denied is that there is a lot of misogyny in the Catholic Church, as well as in other religions. When the issue of women priests came up a few years ago, the Vatican said that the reason why they were opposed was that Jesus Christ had chosen only men to be his apostles. A flimsy excuse at best, and it is tempting to draw the conclusion that Jesus was a misogynist himself. (By the same logic, he was probably also a homophobic bigot.)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3