Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
Christmas ideas for a groundhopping widow!

Caroline
Ballboy/girl

Nov 19, 2012, 4:20 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1354 views)
Shortcut
Christmas ideas for a groundhopping widow! Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi all,

That horrible time of year is rolling 'round again when your love for and understanding of another person is measured by how much thought you put into your Amazon order Crazy

So, I was looking for a bit of crowdsourced advice on a present for the groundhopping hubby. Are there any books/DVDs/quality tea thermos out there that fellow groundhoppers would like to find under the tree? Would love to get him something that shows I don't really mind the madness (but avoiding the novelty club alarm clock business).

For a bit of reference, we're situated in West Yorkshire but my husband's radius, as it were, stretches from Nottingham to Newcastle, Humberside to Cheshire. Maybe I should just get him a petrol gift card...

Cheers!

D A
First Team Star

Nov 19, 2012, 4:35 PM

Team(s): Airstrip 1.

Post #2 of 8 (1348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Caroline] Christmas ideas for a groundhopping widow! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

'Sweet Caroline' what a lovely thought a present based on groundhopping.
Not knowing what he already gets I would start with a half season subscription to 'Football Traveller' (Fixture Magazine) if he already receives that perhaps a good quality thermos is always good especially at this time of year (usually have mine with me).
Will leave DVD's alone as a certain moderator on here will be reading this shortly and may possibly P/M you to ask if I caused any offence !
There are some good hand warmers available as well , shaped like small balls that when operated keep the hands warm for up to an hour (so 2 pairs would be good on really cold nights)= http://www.google.co.uk/...biw=1024&bih=540
Whatever you choose I am sure your lucky husband will appreciate the thought.
Welcome to the Forum.

'I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced'.
29/11/2012. Anyone need numbers for Cheddar F C please p/m.

Caroline
Ballboy/girl

Nov 19, 2012, 4:49 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Caroline] Christmas ideas for a groundhopping widow! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Goodness, have just had a thought - not a tea thermos! A Christmas Day discussion over taking away club revenue by bringing your own refreshments would definitely drive away the in-laws!

(On the other hand...driving away in the in-laws...)

Thank you for your helpful post anyway! A good set of handwarmers - the type you wouldn't buy for yourself because you can't justify it - is perfect Christmas fodder.

Still eager to hear from others though: the nerdier the better! This is the man who keeps a spreadsheet of grounds/leagues/competitions/teams seen.

But he doesn't complain when I bring home a new jumper/boxset/random piece of cooking equipment, so I love him anyway in our mutual geekiness.

D A
First Team Star

Nov 19, 2012, 4:55 PM

Team(s): Airstrip 1.

Post #4 of 8 (1337 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Still eager to hear from others though: the nerdier the better! This is the man who keeps a spreadsheet of grounds/leagues/competitions/teams seen.

You've come to the right Forum then !

'I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced'.
29/11/2012. Anyone need numbers for Cheddar F C please p/m.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 20, 2012, 10:14 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1236 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Goodness, have just had a thought - not a tea thermos! A Christmas Day discussion over taking away club revenue by bringing your own refreshments would definitely drive away the in-laws!

(On the other hand...driving away in the in-laws...)

Thank you for your helpful post anyway! A good set of handwarmers - the type you wouldn't buy for yourself because you can't justify it - is perfect Christmas fodder.

But he doesn't complain when I bring home a new jumper/boxset/random piece of cooking equipment, so I love him anyway in our mutual geekiness.

A significant percentage of posters on here do that.......including me. Unsure

How lucky your husband is that you've thought of buying something connected to his hobby!!

Mrs UKPunk does the same except in relation to my unusual musical tastes rather than groundhopping. I give her a long list of obscure CD's I want and she spends a considerable amount of time finding a few that have actually been released on CD and that are still available.

I hope he puts as much thought into your presents as you do for his.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 20, 2012, 11:25 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 8 (1222 views)
Shortcut

Buy him a half season ticket to watch hinckley united,you will probably lose your money but at least you will have him back.Wink

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 20, 2012, 11:52 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #7 of 8 (1210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Christmas ideas for a groundhopping widow! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A rabbit?

I'll get my coat...........

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Nov 21, 2012, 9:11 AM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #8 of 8 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Christmas ideas for a groundhopping widow! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

``I`ll get my coat``now from which ground-perhaps a word to Mrs Buncrana that hubbie would like a new coat for Xmas....wondering how long that would last!!!!Sly

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3