INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
What a total stress...

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 16, 2012, 2:56 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #1 of 11 (1455 views)
Shortcut
What a total stress... Can't Post or

Some of you may have noticed I'm doing fewer games, just 3 this month and 1 new ground, I'm posting less and I'm becoming more and more lax on my blog posts.

Life for ChapelTom has unfortunately been a bit rubbish recently, I'm having little if any luck at the moment and I'm becoming totally apathetic to football and we aren't even in December yet.

1) University - totally uninspiring lectures and feel as if I'm learning little. I'd rather have some work to do than nothing at all, so I've stopped turning in at least once a week.

2) Laptop/electronics issues - What an absolute shit the last few weeks have been, computer started to fail on about the 4th after just 13 months. Backed my stuff up with a brand new external HDD, and continued to work for a week and a bit but then popped its clogs. Then last night my external HDD is no longer detected, my laptop is now needing repair. I now need data recovery to try and rescue most important stuff, I'm understandably absolutely flipping furious. Beer records were saved, emailed to myself last night. BUT I need to get the following sorted...
  • Football Records - copy on both external HDD/laptop but latter is corrupted
  • This season's football photos, lost Skelmersdale already and videos from Wednesday v Wycombe at end of last season - these are permanently gone lost in a 'move' from laptop to external HDD.
  • A University essay nearing completion - I will restart it Monday/Tuesday its due 13th December.

It was a choice of footie/beer records to save and understandably I'll be gutted if I lose the former. I may have to restart them but it would take absolutely hours of research to do it.

Fortunately due to me using Picasa/having a load on another desktop I have most pictures up till end of last season recovered, I have at least 177 folders of photos from around 230 that will be fine. I also have Pennine Way photos saved in 3 different places on another desktop, Coast 2 Coast - no idea and Hadrians Wall were never copied off another memory stick so are fine. I have another load of files which hopefully can be recovered.

3) Car - Passed test on 12th September. Got it MOTed, taxed (nil as its historic vehicle) and now having insurance issues, them messing me about and cancelling my policy as when I tried to correct incorrect info about the vehicle they said they couldn't insure it. Now need to put it back on a SORN and see where I go after my holiday.

4) Lack of work, not struggling for money but under pressure to get earning again, my part time job still exists but I'm not working often. Really trying to be careful. As a result of the above/this, football has been knocked now the pecking order now. December will probably see another hiatus, even with SWFC home matches.

5) Holiday, on top of all this, I go away on Tuesday to Madrid on a University trip and won't be home until 9pm the following Monday night! Never needed a break so much right now, even that has dropped now the pecking order. Still need to find a few beer bars and a bottled beer shop.

So as you can imagine, its been a stressful few weeks. I'm hoping I can get posting regularly again as right now, nothing seems to be going right.
Tom

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Nov 16, 2012, 2:58 PM)

Fleetfan
Reserve Team Star

Nov 16, 2012, 5:34 PM

Post #2 of 11 (1420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] What a total stress... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Welcome to modern day life.Hopefully you can overcome these latest setbacks.If you can't enjoy life now as carefree 20 year old then you never will Unsure We've all experienced times when nothing seems to go right & life can be viewed as thoroughly depressing.Just imagine being straddled with a mortgage,wife & kid(s) & a demanding job.I can tell you it certainly tests your resolve on occasions.I think you will soon realise your life ain't so bad,apart from supporting Sheff Weds Tongue

Enjoy your break in Madrid & hopefully you will come back re-invigorated & raring to go.

Matches Attended 2019 -20 : 13
New Grounds 2019-20: 12

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 16, 2012, 7:34 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #3 of 11 (1397 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fleetfan] What a total stress... [In reply to] Can't Post or

I'm not depressed about it, certainly had worse times in my life! I am standing back and laughing at the moment, it is almost funny. Welcome to the real world, I'm not quite 20 yet, 19 for 5 more days at least. I've written this, got stuff off my chest and felt better about it. As stour_boy will tell you, I'm far from unhappy, just a little overwhelmed. Been a bit of a reality check that I needed that I'm not a kid anymore!

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 16, 2012, 8:09 PM

Post #4 of 11 (1386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] What a total stress... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
.- Passed test on 12th September. .

Congratulations Tom.

I'm not going to give you any lectures but I'd just like to give you the heads up that life goes by incredibly quickly and before you know it you'll be a grumpy old git thinking where the hell did the last 30 years go?

So enjoy it and make the most of it.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Nov 16, 2012, 8:13 PM

Post #5 of 11 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] What a total stress... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
before you know it you'll be a grumpy old git

He already reads the posts on here, so given the overwhelming weight of evidence available, I don't think he's under any illusions about that...

philglossop
Youth Team Star

Nov 18, 2012, 7:36 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 11 (1289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] What a total stress... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chin up Tom- if its any help I went through the same thing with my degree in the 2nd year- it's the plodding year- when bits which looks like they're going nowhere will make sense and will have a role in your final year.

Have a look at the Historic vehicles clubs for some advice on the car insurance- plus they are fun events to go to for the weekend if you fancy joining.

Finally there was 1 module on my degree called Business Decision Analysis in the second year. Hated it, barely passed it on a way to 2.1 at Plymouth University.

Some 15 years later guess I work in? Business Decision Analysis and love it.

Life has a funny way of working it's own way out (just try and have fun along the way)

Chris1963

Nov 18, 2012, 10:46 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #7 of 11 (1264 views)
Shortcut

Perhaps it would be less stressful to not bother with 3) Car
I thought you were doing pretty well visiting all these grounds by public transport?
Besides, walking is a great way to de-stress!

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Nov 18, 2012, 10:47 PM)

UKPunk

Nov 19, 2012, 12:51 AM

Post #8 of 11 (1242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] What a total stress... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I thought you were doing pretty well visiting all these grounds by public transport?

Sadly Chris in my experience travelling by public transport (in my area at least) is far more stressful than driving!!

I've had enough trains and buses either turning up late or not turning up at all to make me very reluctant to use public transport unless I'm making a significant saving financially.

Isaac

Nov 19, 2012, 10:24 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #9 of 11 (1218 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Sadly Chris in my experience travelling by public transport (in my area at least) is far more stressful than driving!!

I've had enough trains and buses either turning up late or not turning up at all to make me very reluctant to use public transport unless I'm making a significant saving financially.

In fairness when public transport runs on time it can be far more relaxing to just watch the world go by rather than getting irate in a traffic jam, apparently driving is one of the most 'stressing activities' you can do.

Walking certainly is a great way to unwind.

(This post was edited by Isaac on Nov 19, 2012, 10:25 AM)

UKPunk

Nov 19, 2012, 2:53 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] What a total stress... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In fairness when public transport runs on time it can be far more relaxing to just watch the world go by rather than getting irate in a traffic jam, apparently driving is one of the most 'stressing activities' you can do.

That exactly the problem...when it runs on time. Sadly that is often not the case on the line between London Liverpool street and Clacton-on-Sea. And even when it does function as it should I find the presence of teenagers playing music on their phones so the whole carriage can hear it far more stressful than sitting in a traffic jam.

Isaac

Nov 20, 2012, 10:06 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #11 of 11 (1131 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

That exactly the problem...when it runs on time. Sadly that is often not the case on the line between London Liverpool street and Clacton-on-Sea. And even when it does function as it should I find the presence of teenagers playing music on their phones so the whole carriage can hear it far more stressful than sitting in a traffic jam.

Yes I see what you mean, I normally use the high speed service into London which is normally very reliable and the higher fares, and the fact that there are regular ticket checks, mean that very few chavs use itSly

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3