Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Should Leeds be banned

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

sandhurstbee
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 24, 2012, 1:24 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #76 of 86 (2741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
A 21 year old from Cheltenham has been arrested in connection with the assault on Chris Kirkland

Thats ruled Leo out of the equation then Tongue

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

stingray
First Team Star

Oct 24, 2012, 2:07 PM

Team(s): Step 4/5 local sides

Post #77 of 86 (2724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Making the game more family orientated would certainly help and it was suggested that a contributory factor to the trouble at Hillsborough was the evening kick off which meant few family groups and a nearly all male crowd, add to that many were under the influence of alcohol and its a recipe for trouble.

Not sure whether more families would have gone on a Sunday lunch time, but certainly alcohol would have been less of issue

Doubt it - if there aren't any 24 hour pubs around, they'd just buy loads of cans from the supermarket or offy on Saturday and spend the whole of Sunday morning getting tanked up on those.

Anyone who's hell bent on causing trouble will cause trouble, regardless of when the game's played.

2019/20 stats

21 goals in 6 games
£70.60 spent

UKPunk

Oct 24, 2012, 8:38 PM

Post #78 of 86 (2696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [D A] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Come on John , homework.
Did you mean 'best dance act' 1996 ?
Best Dance Act: Baby D

I never realised you were so 'with it' D A. I can just imagine you strutting your stuff on the dance floor with the good nurse. Tongue

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Oct 28, 2012, 2:37 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #79 of 86 (2619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Siberian Monkey] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

That we’re (one of) the least racist countries in Europe doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t try to continue working for greater equality. There’s a lots of criticism of the Kick It Out campaign as ineffective. Again, that doesn’t mean that there shouldn’t be an organisation working for greater diversity in football and preferably not just ‘black’ issues. Why not look to work with more people from Asian and Oriental communities or with gay players and to reduce/ end prejudice?

Greater equality? And what is this prejudice you refer too because I don't see any of it on the football field in this country. As for gay players, does anybody know let alone care whether any players are gay?

Too many of these organisations, and not just football related ones, have their own agenda.

The game certainly has its problems, such as the events at Hillsborough and that's what we should be addressing. I was actually pleasantly suprised that said moron got any custodial sentence!

Going a little bit away from the Leeds thing but...

Dealing with prejudice isn’t just about the playing field. It’s also about the coaching staff, the boardroom and the terraces, none of which are statistically representative of the demographic/ ethnic make-up of this country. As for no prejudice on the field, what about Suarez and Terry?

No current, professional player in England has come out. Like you, I don’t care if there is or isn’t; but are there really no gay, professional players? What is it that prevents them from coming out in our super-tolerant society and with their open-minded colleagues?

Some organisations do have their own agenda but that still doesn’t mean that there isn’t the need for one to promote equality and diversity in football. Maybe, if its scope was widened and not so specific, it would be harder to initiate an agenda beyond promoting inclusiveness generally.

I agree completely that we should be addressing problems like the incident the other night at Hillsborough but I also think that it's possible to deal with more than one issue at a time.

I don't think leeds should be banned for the actions of a few idiots though I do think the FA should look at their record at dealing with it. I can't personally stand the Club as this sort of thing is pretty much what I have come to expect from a minority of their fans over the years.

I was going to pen my own lines on the rest of these points but I cant really add to what you have said here so will just say i agree with your points wholeheartedly! It is my perception that the position of people of any minority in football in considerably worse than in many other walks of life, and that needs addressing.

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Oct 31, 2012, 3:08 AM

Team(s): Darlingto

Post #80 of 86 (2569 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
Going back to the Leeds incident, it's good to see people who have a go at someone without checking their facts are still abundant in this country. There's a fella called Aaron Cawley on Twitter. He's a Liverpool fan. He's received loads of abuse from people, some of it very extreme, just because he has the same name as the fella who attacked Kirkland. The last message for example reads "u fucking nob u need smashing up". He's taken it in his stride but, so far, not a single person has apologised for wrongly abusing him even after being told they've got the wrong man.

https://twitter.com/AaronCawley1

Reminds me of the plebs who go around smashing up paediatrician's houses.

There's a lot of that sort of thing goes on..................there's a bloke lives near me called David Cameron......Shocked

I would think the Aaron Cawley sent to prison doesn't have internet access right now anyway

Poor sod having The PM as a namesake. My local MP, Grahame Morris was a victim of mistaken identity twice recently, one occasion an Australian politician with the same name made some kind of offensive sexist comment, in.the aftermath, our MP took quite a bit abuse from upset people, but he just laughed it off in the end

Mista Fozz

Husband, Dad, Mascot Extraordinaire and all round Idiot

nisi tu Deus, qui possit iudicare
My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

Mishi

Nov 1, 2012, 1:55 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #81 of 86 (2507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MistaFozzII] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Haven't been on here for about a week, many points to raise on this thread, as I read it, most have been covered.

Just one general comment, the one about John Terry can't really be racist, as he plays with black players, & has black friends...& my comments aren't aimed at Terry himself, as I don't know him...

Over the years I've known a few white players who clearly played with black team mates, & were civil enough to their face, with some what the modern term is 'banter', in the old school 'only having a laugh' Jim Davidson mould.

But when the players are in white company, whether supporters &/or players, with no non-white people are there, the racism has shone through, as their true colours come out, with more hate in the conversation as they slag off blacks, foreigners, whoever. But from an outside look, on a matchday, they would mix with the players, be in the same team, & drink with them post match, & all that, so IT IS possible to have 'black friends in football' & still be racist. These sort of people simply tone down how they feel when in black company.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Thursday 19th September 2019: Fire United Christian 0, Newbury Forest 5. [Eastern Counties League Cup first round]
Matches watched this season: 44
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

Isaac

Nov 1, 2012, 2:52 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #82 of 86 (2497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Haven't been on here for about a week, many points to raise on this thread, as I read it, most have been covered.

Just one general comment, the one about John Terry can't really be racist, as he plays with black players, & has black friends...& my comments aren't aimed at Terry himself, as I don't know him...

Over the years I've known a few white players who clearly played with black team mates, & were civil enough to their face, with some what the modern term is 'banter', in the old school 'only having a laugh' Jim Davidson mould.

But when the players are in white company, whether supporters &/or players, with no non-white people are there, the racism has shone through, as their true colours come out, with more hate in the conversation as they slag off blacks, foreigners, whoever. But from an outside look, on a matchday, they would mix with the players, be in the same team, & drink with them post match, & all that, so IT IS possible to have 'black friends in football' & still be racist. These sort of people simply tone down how they feel when in black company.

I don't doubt what you're saying at all but the same applies to a good many black people who will behave differently depending on the company they are in.

Mishi

Nov 1, 2012, 5:55 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #83 of 86 (2470 views)
Shortcut

I don't doubt that SOME black people, but I find your term of 'a good many' black people somewhat strange. On what do you base that on? One is too many, as is one white person, or whatever generalised race...but a 'good many'? What would that be percentage wise...because it implies a heck of a lot...

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Thursday 19th September 2019: Fire United Christian 0, Newbury Forest 5. [Eastern Counties League Cup first round]
Matches watched this season: 44
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

garethwrexy

Nov 1, 2012, 6:50 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #84 of 86 (2465 views)
Shortcut

fa need to really look at racism in my view, totally rethink.

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

Isaac

Nov 1, 2012, 7:53 PM

Post #85 of 86 (2460 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
fa need to really look at racism in my view, totally rethink.

Does that include people who say that they hate Germans?Wink

Isaac

Nov 1, 2012, 7:57 PM

Post #86 of 86 (2460 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I don't doubt that SOME black people, but I find your term of 'a good many' black people somewhat strange. On what do you base that on? One is too many, as is one white person, or whatever generalised race...but a 'good many'? What would that be percentage wise...because it implies a heck of a lot...

I am obviously guessing but the precentage is probably much the same in both black and white people.

(This post was edited by Isaac on Nov 27, 2012, 11:06 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3