Should Leeds be banned

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 19, 2012, 11:01 PM

Post #1 of 86 (4655 views)
Shortcut
Should Leeds be banned Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am particularly interested in the views of those who posted on the 'Should Serbia be banned' thread.

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 19, 2012, 11:52 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #2 of 86 (4643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Clearly work to do in our own back yard before we get too self righteous about events in Serbia.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 20, 2012, 4:01 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #3 of 86 (4630 views)
Shortcut

Well, from what I've read about the incident (which may be far from the full story), it appears sections of both sets of fans were whipping things up with ever worsening sick chants before the loony attacked Kirkland, so I'd go with a hefty fine for both clubs for failing to control their supporters.

On top of that, I'd suggest a ban on Leeds taking fans to away games for a while.

garethwrexy

Oct 20, 2012, 9:14 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #4 of 86 (4616 views)
Shortcut

whats all this about confused Crazy

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

D A
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2012, 9:55 AM

Team(s): Airstrip 1.

Post #5 of 86 (4609 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
whats all this about confused Crazy

Angelic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSHMvpkuqk

'I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced'.
29/11/2012. Anyone need numbers for Cheddar F C please p/m.

IAN S
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2012, 11:06 AM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #6 of 86 (4595 views)
Shortcut

Watched the game on TV but also spoke to people who were there, so here's my slant.

Leeds fans should be banned from away games. It's not just last night they do something every season.

Apparently the moron in question comes from Cheltenham and had a fake membership card in his mates name despite already having a banning order in place from football grounds. Should have people's photo on the bloody card, surely this is common sense?

Sorry Tom but it's time to close the Leppings Lane bottom section for good. It is the worst away end in the football league for safety. I think we know how much it's been proven. The far section of the North stand needs closing for the rest of the season. We had our gangway G closed by South Yorkshire Police and the morons in Owls North Stand are far worse than anybody we had in that section. Our idiots that caused trouble never went to the actual game but stayed in pubs around ground waiting for after game action to start.

SWFC seem incapable of stewarding a game properly, the other season Palace fans were attacked on the pitch by similar morons and nothing was done or said about it.

Dave Jones made himself look a pillock at best after the game with saying Leeds fans were bad for singing about him. Fair enough but what about pig fans singing about Istanbul and all the vitroil about Warnock every few minutes from the kop? Talk about hypocritical!!

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

Isaac

Oct 20, 2012, 11:07 AM

Post #7 of 86 (4595 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Well, from what I've read about the incident (which may be far from the full story), it appears sections of both sets of fans were whipping things up with ever worsening sick chants before the loony attacked Kirkland, so I'd go with a hefty fine for both clubs for failing to control their supporters.

On top of that, I'd suggest a ban on Leeds taking fans to away games for a while.

I can't really see what more either club could have done to control their supporters but if they have been negligent then obviously action should be taken. I am not sure any ban on away fans is enforceable anyway and it could lead to fans ending up in the home supporters section and result in even more problems, it also unfairly punishes the law abiding Leeds fans.

The idiot who assaulted Chris Kirkland can clearly be identified, is there any news on whether he has been arrested? I would hope that the other trouble makers can be identified and prosecuted and it is then up to the courts to take appropriate action and issue lengthy bans from all football grounds in addition to any other punishment.

(This post was edited by Isaac on Oct 20, 2012, 11:09 AM)

D A
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2012, 11:48 AM

Team(s): Airstrip 1.

Post #8 of 86 (4586 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Dave Jones made himself look a pillock at best after the game with saying Leeds fans were bad for singing about him. Fair enough but what about pig fans singing about Istanbul and all the vitroil about Warnock every few minutes from the kop? Talk about hypocritical!!

Your not coming over too well Ian although I agree with your sentiments !

'I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced'.
29/11/2012. Anyone need numbers for Cheddar F C please p/m.

(This post was edited by D A on Oct 20, 2012, 11:49 AM)

Siberian Monkey
Youth Team Star

Oct 20, 2012, 1:14 PM

Team(s): Lincoln C

Post #9 of 86 (4573 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I am particularly interested in the views of those who posted on the 'Should Serbia be banned' thread.

Hard to compare the two in terms of a 'one size fits all' response and punishment; Serbia was racist chanting from a crowd followed by scuffles between players/ staff; last night was a fan entering the pitch and hitting a player.

Re Leeds: the guy has reportedly broken banning orders numerous times so his punishment for that, going on the pitch and for slapping the keeper should be harsh. A room at her majesty’s pleasure justifiably awaits. The friend who helped him to get the fake ID should also be punished.

Leeds will say ‘it’s not our fault; it’s an individual’ so I think they’ll be fined as a slap on the wrist. However, a fans’ forum says they removed the need for photos from the membership cards (http://www.thesquareball.net/...t=4384&start=120) in which case the club isn’t as innocent as it will claim.

Banning fans for away games hits the other clubs financially so is unfair. I’d probably issue a massive fine, force them to do more to stop the problems they evidently have (they have the most banning orders) and give a suspended sentence of banning their fans for 2 home games if their record doesn’t improve or if there’s a repeat of the Kirkland incident.

Richard Rundle

Oct 20, 2012, 6:03 PM

Post #10 of 86 (4560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Siberian Monkey] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

How was this idiot allowed to get both on and off the pitch without the stewards apprehending him?

IAN S
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2012, 6:42 PM

Post #11 of 86 (4553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If he had been apprehended at the time it could have caused a riot.

IAN S
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2012, 6:43 PM

Post #12 of 86 (4551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [D A] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's only the same as Crewe's rivalry with Vale, I've never heard you speak to highly of them either.

Isaac

Oct 20, 2012, 6:44 PM

Post #13 of 86 (4551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
How was this idiot allowed to get both on and off the pitch without the stewards apprehending him?

Presumably the stewards were occupied trying to stop other pitch invaders?

There are suggestions that playing the game on a Friday night was the main reason for the trouble, watching on TV it sounded a bit fiesty but according to those that were there the atmosphere really was frightening with vile chants comparing Dave Jones to Jimmy Savile and about the Leeds fans murdered in Turkey.

Isaac

Oct 21, 2012, 6:33 PM

Post #14 of 86 (4475 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A 21 year old from Cheltenham has been arrested in connection with the assault on Chris Kirkland

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Oct 21, 2012, 6:34 PM

Team(s): Darlingto

Post #15 of 86 (4475 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Presumably the stewards were occupied trying to stop other pitch invaders?

There are suggestions that playing the game on a Friday night was the main reason for the trouble, watching on TV it sounded a bit fiesty but according to those that were there the atmosphere really was frightening with vile chants comparing Dave Jones to Jimmy Savile and about the Leeds fans murdered in Turkey.

Absolutely disgusting, vile chanting really boils my piss, whether it be Hillsborough, Munich or chants about paedophilia and murder, it is just vile and disgusting and not wanted anywhere.

I have to be careful with my opinion giving my quite strong opinion on Serbia, these two incidents are completely different from the other, a completely different set of circumstances. Personally I think Leeds need to be punished hard, the title says Should Leeds be banned, I am thinking probably not, in this instance a heavy fine and a travel ban for the rest of this season for there supporters will be heavy enough imo

Mista Fozz

Husband, Dad, Mascot Extraordinaire and all round Idiot

nisi tu Deus, qui possit iudicare
My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

buncranaboy

Oct 21, 2012, 7:01 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #16 of 86 (4465 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MistaFozzII] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I have to be careful with my opinion giving my quite strong opinion on Serbia, these two incidents are completely different from the other, a completely different set of circumstances. Personally I think Leeds need to be punished hard, the title says Should Leeds be banned, I am thinking probably not, in this instance a heavy fine and a travel ban for the rest of this season for there supporters will be heavy enough imo

Are they? Both involved unsavoury chanting from the terraces and spectators running onto the pitch and assaulting a player/players.
Different rules for Johnny Foreigner?

IAN S
First Team Star

Oct 21, 2012, 7:40 PM

Post #17 of 86 (4450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think he's saying that one was racist behaviour and the other just vile behaviour, no racism involved. I don't think foreigners come into the argument.

jon b
First Team Star

Oct 21, 2012, 7:47 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #18 of 86 (4447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looks as though a number of Leeds "supporters" encroached over onto the pitch side area following the equaliser.

Given the number of cameras at hand and quality of picture now routinely available it should be possible to track them all down and hand down suitable penalties through the courts.

I'd have thought that if they were given a spell at HM's pleasure it would have the right deterrent effect.

Isaac

Oct 21, 2012, 7:54 PM

Post #19 of 86 (4442 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I think he's saying that one was racist behaviour and the other just vile behaviour, no racism involved. I don't think foreigners come into the argument.

I can't see too much difference between the two, I think the point is that there were demands that Serbia get their house in order and then something similar happens in our back yard.

buncranaboy

Oct 21, 2012, 8:30 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #20 of 86 (4424 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

So what? Why bring racism into it? As a viewer I saw two lots of unacceptable behaviour, one no more unacceptable than the other. Using the R word at every opportunity means that we're ignoring the main issue which is fan misbehaviour.
I can't be the only one who's sick to the back teeth of mealy-mouthed Kick It Out moaners and whingers, some making a living off the back of it, when that's far from the biggest issue in football today. Thirty years ago, yes - not today.

northstandexile
First Team Regular

Oct 21, 2012, 8:32 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #21 of 86 (4424 views)
Shortcut

Looks like he was in papers in Sepember

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/...13-detail/story.html

a media whore if I ever saw one, talk about 15 minutes of fame.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 21, 2012, 8:46 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #22 of 86 (4412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [northstandexile] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Maybe a better deterrent would have been to have him sign in at his local Police Station while any Leeds game is in progress. I can't think of the number of rules he's broken now. Maybe some B&B at Her Majesty's pleasure is in order because being told by the courts isn't getting the message through.

Would having someone from Leeds telling him he's the sort of supporter they don't want at the ground do any good either?

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

Isaac

Oct 21, 2012, 8:49 PM

Post #23 of 86 (4409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [northstandexile] Should Leeds be banned [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looks like he was in papers in Sepember

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/...13-detail/story.html

a media whore if I ever saw one, talk about 15 minutes of fame.

Sounds like a typical obnoxious oik, perhaps the courts can find him something else to do on a Saturday afternoon, like clearing up doggy poo in the local parks?

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 21, 2012, 8:54 PM

Post #24 of 86 (4404 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

So what? Why bring racism into it? As a viewer I saw two lots of unacceptable behaviour, one no more unacceptable than the other. Using the R word at every opportunity means that we're ignoring the main issue which is fan misbehaviour.
I can't be the only one who's sick to the back teeth of mealy-mouthed Kick It Out moaners and whingers, some making a living off the back of it, when that's far from the biggest issue in football today. Thirty years ago, yes - not today.

See Serbia thread...

Isaac

Oct 21, 2012, 9:05 PM

Post #25 of 86 (4395 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I couldn't agree more about the self serving kick it out brigade..........time to kick them out I would suggest

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3