FA Youth Cup Rule Check???

HSC
Junior Team Sub

Sep 18, 2012, 11:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 5 (5400 views)
Shortcut
FA Youth Cup Rule Check??? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can anybody explain to me is there a minimum level that a team must play at to compete in the FA Youth Cup.
I know there are ground stipulations etc but theres seems to be nothing in the rules that I can see that states a minimum level but a few people have told me Step 6 and others have said Step 7.

Any Ideas????

Thanks

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 18, 2012, 11:26 PM

Post #2 of 5 (5395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HSC] FA Youth Cup Rule Check??? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Can anybody explain to me is there a minimum level that a team must play at to compete in the FA Youth Cup.
I know there are ground stipulations etc but theres seems to be nothing in the rules that I can see that states a minimum level but a few people have told me Step 6 and others have said Step 7.

Any Ideas????

Thanks

To play in the FA Youth Cup clubs must have first teams playing in the FA Cup, FA Trophy or FA Vase.
I think this rule has only been in place for a couple of years.

HSC
Junior Team Sub

Sep 18, 2012, 11:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 5 (5389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] FA Youth Cup Rule Check??? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah right - thanks for that
Kind of scuppers our plans but hey ho football is set out to challenge us

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 19, 2012, 12:03 AM

Post #4 of 5 (5387 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HSC] FA Youth Cup Rule Check??? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Ah right - thanks for that
Kind of scuppers our plans but hey ho football is set out to challenge us

Indeed it is.
You can't judge a club's youth team by its first team but sadly most competitions in football do. Our first team is at step 5 but our u18s play against, and regularly beat, Conference clubs' u18s. It's taken a few years of building up and maintaining a decent u18 set-up to get to where we are now though.
I don't know what team you represent but the only option if you want to play in the Youth Cup is to align yourself or merge with a club that's at step 7 or higher.
A recent example around here is California FC who've had a well respected set-up locally for a while now. They've joined forces with Eversley FC to form Eversley & California.
It also gives the kids a natural stepping stone into senior football once they reach the age of 18.

(This post was edited by VP on Sep 19, 2012, 12:09 AM)

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 19, 2012, 7:57 AM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 5 (5371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] FA Youth Cup Rule Check??? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In 1998-99 they brought in the structure of the F.A. Cup to the Youth Cup.

Whereby the 44 tier 1 & 2 sides were exempt to the 3rd round, with the 48 tier 3 & 4 sides exempt to the 1st Round.

ALL lower tier sides however started at the beginning, unlike the F.A. Cup

Previously exemptions had been based on past performance as some Youth sides performed better than their League sides.

50 were exempt to the 1st Round and 30 to the 2nd Round and these could include "non league" sides.

There was also one less round with the Quarter-Finals being previously the 5th Round, but now the 6th Round.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3