22 A.F.C. Avalon v Lotus Sports Club

23 S.C. Global v Duke of Clarence

24 Constitution v Walthamstow Red Star

25 Puma 2000 v Enfield Royals

26 Hope & Horns v F.C. Lokomotiv Thunder

27 Flamingoes v Westminster Wanderers

28 Sport Club Santar v Majestic

29 South London Doves v F.C. Cortez

30 A.F.C. Hammersmith Town v Asianos F.C.

31 Bristow City v North Acton F.C

33 A.D.F. Machico v Our Lady's (21) Youth

Second Round Ties

To be played on Sunday 28th October 2012

34 Aberdeen Supporters Club v Maronites F.C.

35 Komi Kebir v Winner of Match 8

36 Winner of Match 4 v Santley Lions

37 Dees F.C. v Transit Transport

38 Greenwich & Southwark Rovers v Wessex Rangers

39 Sandmere v A.C. Milano

40 Fridays F.C. v Winner of Match 11

41 Danson Albion F.C. v F.C. Bertoli

42 Winner of Match 20 v Mehmetcik F.C.

43 Clavisque F.C. v Winner of Match 6

44 Winner of Match 23 v Green Oak Moreton

45 Beresford United v Guzelyurt

46 Winner of Match 2 v Bromley Knights

47 Winner of Match 28 v Woodford Wanderers

48 Docklands v Winner of Match 26

49 Norstar v Thames Borough

50 Gyro FC v Edmonton Blades

51 Dulwich Tandoori Cobras v C.F.C. Flamengo

52 Winner of Match 22 v Inter Trac

53 Albert Royals v Winner of Match 25

54 Winner of Match 10 v London Tigers

55 AFC Royal Borough v Winner of Match 15

56 Winner of Match 29 v Winner of Match 21

57 Winner of Match 24 v Winner of Match 14

58 Winner of Match 13 v Winner of Match 3

59 Winner of Match 19 v Winner of Match 18

60 Winner of Match 9 v Winner of Match 5

61 Winner of Match 12 v Winner of Match 30

62 Winner of Match 16 v Winner of Match 33

63 Winner of Match 17 v Winner of Match 1

64 Winner of Match 7 v Winner of Match 27

65 Winner of Match 32 v Winner of Match 31

Third Round Ties

To be played on Sunday 25th November 2012

66 Winner of Match 49 v Winner of Match 51

67 Winner of Match 37 v Winner of Match 46

68 Winner of Match 35 v Winner of Match 63

69 Winner of Match 34 v Winner of Match 58

70 Winner of Match 48 v Winner of Match 40

71 Winner of Match 61 v Winner of Match 59

72 Winner of Match 56 v Winner of Match 43

73 Winner of Match 62 v Winner of Match 65

74 Winner of Match 38 v Winner of Match 47

75 Winner of Match 44 v Winner of Match 60

76 Winner of Match 39 v Winner of Match 36

77 Winner of Match 54 v Winner of Match 50

78 Winner of Match 64 v Winner of Match 53

79 Winner of Match 55 v Winner of Match 41

80 Winner of Match 45 v Winner of Match 57

81 Winner of Match 52 v Winner of Match 42

Fourth Round Ties

To be played on Sunday 20th January 2013

82 Winner of Match 76 v Winner of Match 70

83 Winner of Match 72 v Winner of Match 71

84 Winner of Match 77 v Winner of Match 67

85 Winner of Match 79 v Winner of Match 81

86 Winner of Match 73 v Winner of Match 74

87 Winner of Match 80 v Winner of Match 69

88 Winner of Match 78 v Winner of Match 75

89 Winner of Match 68 v Winner of Match 66

Fifth Round Ties

To be played on Sunday 17th February 2013

90 Winner of Match 86 v Winner of Match 84

91 Winner of Match 87 v Winner of Match 89

92 Winner of Match 83 v Winner of Match 88

93 Winner of Match 85 v Winner of Match 82

Semi-Final Ties

To be played on Sunday 17th March 2013

94 Winner of Match 91 v Winner of Match 93

95 Winner of Match 92 v Winner of Match 90

Final Tie

To be played on a date and at a venue to be confirmed kick off 10.30 a.m.

96 Winner of Match 94 v Winner of Match 95

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 11, 2012, 6:33 PM

Post #2 of 129 (19923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] London Sunday Junior Cup 2012-2013 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

HughesVideo, your team must fancy their chances against Lord Morpeth. Lord Morpeth have no yet started their season (your team has already played a few games). This Sunday's game will be Lord Morpeth's first game of the season. You must be overwhelming favourites given that they have not played a game this season, AND they are in the 4th (bottom) division of their league (3 divisions below you).

Hope you post video highlights here no matter the outcome.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 12, 2012, 8:43 AM

Team(s): Edmonton Rovers (Sunday League) ...and whoever I film for !

Post #3 of 129 (19911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] London Sunday Junior Cup 2012-2013 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
HughesVideo, your team must fancy their chances against Lord Morpeth. Lord Morpeth have no yet started their season (your team has already played a few games). This Sunday's game will be Lord Morpeth's first game of the season. You must be overwhelming favourites given that they have not played a game this season, AND they are in the 4th (bottom) division of their league (3 divisions below you).

Hope you post video highlights here no matter the outcome.

According to Lord Morpeth's website (and information I have received from the London FA), they are now in the East London Sunday League, not the Hackney & Leyton. The East London Sunday League doesn't appear to have started yet either, but Lord Morpeth have been playing Pre-Season Friendlies every week and won them all.
Apparently they have signed up a lot of new players who have previously played Semi-Pro on Saturdays or in the Premier Division of the Hackney & Leyton League. We are not anticipating an easy match at all.

I am well behind on editing video highlights from our matches so far this season as I have to complete paid work first. (Got to earn a living !) Wink
I will be filming the Lord Morpeth match though and will post some highlights in a few weeks time.

http://www.hughesvideoservices.co.uk
http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/hughesvideo

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 12, 2012, 11:43 PM

Post #4 of 129 (19888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HughesVideo] London Sunday Junior Cup 2012-2013 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

HughesVideo - last season Lord Morpeth finished mid-table in the 4th division (5th tier) of the Hackney & Leyton League. The fact that they went from H & L Div 4, to Div 1 of the East London Sunday League, tells you much about the standard of the ELSL.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 17, 2012, 3:44 PM

Post #5 of 129 (19802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HughesVideo] London Sunday Junior Cup 2012-2013 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
According to Lord Morpeth's website (and information I have received from the London FA), they are now in the East London Sunday League, not the Hackney & Leyton. The East London Sunday League doesn't appear to have started yet either, but Lord Morpeth have been playing Pre-Season Friendlies every week and won them all.
Apparently they have signed up a lot of new players who have previously played Semi-Pro on Saturdays or in the Premier Division of the Hackney & Leyton League. We are not anticipating an easy match at all.

...and I was right. We won 2-0 but Lord Morpeth were a decent side and their new signings have obviously made a difference. Very tough match for us.

Our match report is here: http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/matchreports.html
Lord Morpeth's match report is here: http://www.pitchero.com/...12603&official=0

(This post was edited by HughesVideo on Sep 17, 2012, 3:52 PM)

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 25, 2012, 10:15 PM

Post #6 of 129 (19588 views)
Shortcut

This coming Sunday (28th October) sees the Second Round of the London FA Sunday Junior Cup being played.
There are too many matches to cut & paste in here, but here's the link to the draw in full: http://www.londonfa.com/...cup/fixtures#round-2

Here are the ties and particular teams to keep an eye on...
Millwall Albion v. Mehmetcik
Millwall Albion are in mid-table in the top division of the East London Sunday League, while Mehmetcik are at the top of the second division in the Turkish Community Football Federation. I can certainly see Mehmetcik getting through to the Quarter-Finals at least, as we all know how strong that League is.

Clavisque v. Seven Acre & Sidcup
Clavisque are in the top division of the Edmonton Sunday League (in mid-table). Strange to see an Edmonton Sunday League side in a London Cup competition as their League officially don't allow their clubs to enter ! (Clavisque presumably didn't know ? :) ) Seven Acre & Sidcup are in the top division of the Kent Suburban League and are another one of these clubs where it looks like they should have been put in the Sunday Intermediate Cup, especially as their Saturday side are in the Non-League Pyramid (Kent Invicta League - Step 7 I think ?). They won 7-0 in the First Round and I can see them winning this one. Clavisque lost their last match 11-1 !

Beresford United v. Guzelyurt
Beresford United are in the top division of the much-enhanced Barnet Sunday League and they have a strong squad which includes Montsserat International Nyron Dyer amongst others. Guzelyurt are top of the second division of the Turkish Community Federation, so this will be a very interesting match-up.

Norstar v. Thames Borough
Thames Borough are top of the Premier Division in the Woolwich & Eltham Sunday League, so they clearly should be in the Sunday Intermediate Cup and should win this one easily.

AFC Avalon v. Inter Trac
Inter Trac (from the Barnet Sunday League) have lost a lot of good Semi-Pro players to Waltham Sunday League Premier Division sides Enfield Rangers and Percival this season, although they should win this one easily and are still good enough to get through to the Quarter-Finals (which I think they reached last season ?)

Albert Royals v. Enfield Royals
Albert Royals are top of the East London Sunday League's top division, and although Enfield Royals are in the bottom division of the Waltham Sunday League, they have got a lot of their players back from when they were a top Premier Division side in that League. Most of Enfield Royals' players play for Enfield Old Grammarians First XI in the Amateur Football Combination on Saturdays, and that is a very good standard. It wouldn't surprise me if Enfield Royals cause a 'shock' here.

London Maccabi Lions 'B' v. London Tigers Sunday
London Maccabi Lions 'B' Team actually seem to be better than their 'A' Team at the moment if you have a look at the Maccabi Sunday League's excellent website news pages...and of course London Maccabi Lions' 'A' Team enter the FA National Sunday Cup ! London Tigers could prove to be formidable opponents though, as they are currently top of the Asian Premier Sunday League and their Saturday team play at Step 5 in the Spartan South Midlands League. I would expect they probably use the same players ? This match is too close to call.

Tristars & Deloitte v. ADF Machico
Tristars have been the best team in the London Accountants League for some while and I think they reached the Quarter-Finals last season ? Portuguese team ADF Machico are currently top of the Southern Sunday League Premier Division. That League seems to have been strengthened this season, so they are likely to be a very good side. They won 9-1 in the First Round and I am taking them to win this one.

Cosmos United v. Burnt Oak Builders Merchants
Burnt Oak B.M. finished second only on goal difference in the Hendon Sunday League Premier Division last season and also reached the Semi-Finals of the Middlesex FA Sunday Premier Cup where they lost 3-1 to eventual winners Enfield Rangers. They are now second in the Barnet Sunday League Premier Division and won their First Round match 10-2, so yes...what are they doing in the LFA Sunday Junior Cup ? I will be very surprised if they do not reach the Semi-Finals at least.

Middlesbrough Supporters South v. North Acton
As has been mentioned on this Forum somewhere before, ex-pro Marlon Beresford is Middlesbrough Supporters' goalkeeper and last season they only conceded 8 goals in winning their Provincial Supporters League title by a mile. They also have other exiled ex-pros and Semi-Pros from up North playing for them and they should be far too strong for their opponents here.

And finally...
Edmonton Rovers v. Bromley Knights
My own team Edmonton Rovers are facing a side here who are currently top of the Premier Division (the second division down) of the very strong Orpington & Bromley Sunday League with 6 wins from 6 matches. However, we are in good form ourselves in Division One of the similarly strong Waltham Sunday League with only one defeat in our last 6 matches and that was to an unlucky last minute goal. It should be a cracking match and we are really looking forward to it. Full details can be found here on our club website if anybody wants to come over and watch: http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/fixtures.html

In the First Round we beat Lord Morpeth 2-0, and highlights of that match can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUPuD0IQoM

For links to League tables of all Sunday Leagues in the London area, visit our club website Links page here: http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/links.html

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 26, 2012, 3:23 AM

Post #7 of 129 (19584 views)
Shortcut

Great analysis Hughesvideo. Good job. Can you believe several weeks after the first round games in the Junior and Intermediate Cups, the LFA has STILL not updated the scores.Shocked

Highlighting the insanity of the LFA's seeding system, ADF Machico are in the Junior Cup this weekend, while another team from their division (Southbank) play Phoenix in the CHALLENGE CUP next weekend.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 26, 2012, 8:54 AM

Post #8 of 129 (19573 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Great analysis Hughesvideo. Good job. Can you believe several weeks after the first round games in the Junior and Intermediate Cups, the LFA has STILL not updated the scores.Shocked

It's also frustrating that there is still no archive of Adult LFA Sunday Cup results from previous seasons (apart from 2011-2012). I think they were all 'permanently wiped' when they changed the design of their website, so it would need somebody to go through the record books and manually type them all in again !
I would like to see what sort of history our opponents have in LFA Sunday Cup competitions and whether they have previously played teams that we have also come up against.

Another thing I forgot to mention (and consider) was the travel problems for Away teams, which is something you brought up a while ago, Stevegraze.
Burnt Oak Builders Merchants have a hell of a journey getting from Burnt Oak (Edgware) to Norbury.
Also, Bromley Knigts are meeting at 8.00.a.m. to get to us in Palmers Green. It could make a difference.

Another factor is that the clocks go back an hour on Saturday night. In the past, we have had players put their clocks forward by mistake, back two hours by mistake (because they forgot they had already done it), or they forget to alter their clocks at all. Players turning up after the kick-off more commonly happens in April when they go forward an hour, but we have had players turn up two hours early when they go back an hour at this time of year...then they think the game has been called off because nobody is there and they go back home to bed ! Smile

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 26, 2012, 2:57 PM

Post #9 of 129 (19560 views)
Shortcut

Who is your money on to win the Cup? Seven Acre & Sidcup, ADF Machico and Bromley Knights (IF they get past Edmonton Rovers - no disrespect to your team) must fancy their chances.

It's also frustrating that there is still no archive of Adult LFA Sunday Cup results from previous seasons (apart from 2011-2012). I think they were all 'permanently wiped' when they changed the design of their website, so it would need somebody to go through the record books and manually type them all in again !

...which is why the results we post on this thread are so important. Our threads might one day be the only record of previous LFA matches. I can tell you that managers/players from several teams come on this forum to "scout" their opposition and find out about past performances. Our posts on these Sunday league threads have encouraged people from some of the south-east's best teams to join this forum (Tripimeni, Baldon Sports, Akincilar, Barnes Albion, Hazelhurst, Greengate, Kenningwell Utd etc).

Another thing I forgot to mention (and consider) was the travel problems for Away teams, which is something you brought up a while ago, Stevegraze. Burnt Oak Builders Merchants have a hell of a journey getting from Burnt Oak (Edgware) to Norbury. Also, Bromley Knigts are meeting at 8.00.a.m. to get to us in Palmers Green. It could make a difference.

Being drawn at home is a huge advantage in LFA cups. Even if players arrive on time, the fatigue from travelling, often decreases their performance level.

Players turning up late/early/not at all because of clocks changing is
comical! Laugh

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 26, 2012, 4:10 PM

Post #10 of 129 (19556 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Who is your money on to win the Cup? Seven Acre & Sidcup, ADF Machico and Bromley Knights (IF they get past Edmonton Rovers - no disrespect to your team) must fancy their chances.

The winners of our game against Bromley Knights will most likely be Away to Dees Reserves in the Third Round. They play in Mitcham, so that will probably screw us up if we get through. I remember when we had to travel there to play their First Team in the LFA Sunday Challenge Cup about 8 years ago. Half our players came up with some pathetic excuses not to travel. We fielded a bare eleven and got battered 5-1...and it should have been a lot more.

As for likely winners of the Sunday Junior Cup this year, the two Turkish teams I mentioned have got to be in with a shout, but if it is not ourselves or Bromley Knights, I would go for Burnt Oak Builders Merchants. I haven't checked yet, but I would be very surprised if most of their players are not current or former players from the Ryman League.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Oct 28, 2012, 10:55 PM

Post #11 of 129 (19528 views)
Shortcut

Hughesvideo, huge congrats for Edmonton Rovers' 1-0 win over the previously undefeated Bromley Knights today. You must be very proud. Plus this cup run gives your players a few extra "glamour" games this season. I told you Edmonton Rovers were better off in the Junior Cup! Wink

I presume a match report/video highlights will follow?

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 29, 2012, 9:59 AM

Post #12 of 129 (19518 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Stevegraze. Yes, I should have highlights online by Wednesday and I will post the link here.
Definitely a Sunday Intermediate Cup-standard match as I predicted...as was Beresford United v. Guzelyert. 5-5 After Extra Time with Guzelyurt winninmg 5-4 on penalties. Sounds like a cracking match !

Here are the other results I have found so far from those matches I highlighted:
Norstar 1 Thames Borough 9
AFC Avalon 2 Inter Trac 5
Tristars & Deloitte 6 ADF Machico 3
Cosmos United 1 Burnt Oak Builders Merchants 4
Middlesbrough Supporters South 2 North Acton 0

(Marlon Beresford keeps a clean sheet again ?)
Albert Royals 1 Enfield Royals 2

In addition to that Enfield Royals result, the third team representing the Waltham Sunday League in this competition, Edmonton Blades, also had an impressive result in beating Gyro from the Camden Sunday League 3-2 Away. That means all three of us beat teams who were top of their respective divisions in their Leagues...which backs up what I have been saying for quite a while that the Waltham League is one of the strongest Sunday Leagues in the London area.

There are still quite a few results that I can't find, but I have only got one prediction wrong so far with ADF Machico losing to Tristars & Deloitte. I notice Tristars & Deloitte were beaten 4-0 by Bromley Knights in last season's competition.

Bromley Knights only had a squad of 12 against us yesterday but they were certainly all very good players with no weak links. Very fit with good passing and movement but they were missing their current top goalscorer and so were we, which probably explains the lack of goals. It was a very close game which could have gone either way.

We are now Away to Dees Reserves in the Third Round, so if we can get enough of our better players committed to travel to Mitcham, we should be able to get through that one.
In the Fourth Round we would then be Away to either Edmonton Blades, London Maccabi Lions B or London Tigers Sunday. I am still trying to find out the result of that LML 'B' v. LTS match, but if LML 'B' get through, either them or Edmonton Blades is a nice easy journey for us.
In the Quarter Finals (5th Round) though on the 17th February, it looks like we will be Away to Middlesbrough Supporters in Chiswick, and I believe they play in the afternoons ? That will most definitely cause us a problem. Unsure

The_Player
Junior Team Sub

Oct 29, 2012, 1:34 PM

Team(s): Inter Trac AFC (Sunday League)

Post #13 of 129 (19507 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

AFC Avalon v. Inter Trac
Inter Trac (from the Barnet Sunday League) have lost a lot of good Semi-Pro players to Waltham Sunday League Premier Division sides Enfield Rangers and Percival this season, although they should win this one easily and are still good enough to get through to the Quarter-Finals (which I think they reached last season ?)

Yes Hughes you're actually right in that we lost a number of players to Percival & Enfield Rangers however we have been lucky to replace them with equally talented and more committed players.

Last season was a steep learning curve for us, after a successful domestic first season, we had plenty of players wanting to join us who had played either semi-professional to a good standard or had recently dropped out a top professional academy. However, those players never wanted to come training and turned up to games when they felt like. So we were never able to field the exact same XI in any of our 36 games last season because of this.

This season we have a smaller squad but a more committed core unit so hopefully that pays off. Plus players who have left are still signed on, so can be called upon if they don't have another game on the same day.

As for the London Sunday Junior Cup, last season we made it to the Semi-Finals but were knocked out by the eventual winners Lord Stanley. They were a good side and took us apart in the first 30 mins. By the time we started playing the game was already lost.

This season we are quietly optimistic but you never know in this competition, but moving to the Barnet Sunday League should also be a benefit as there are more competitive matches. The old North London League had one division, 1 week you'd be playing a very good side and the next week you'd be playing a side equally as poor.

Anyway good luck, you never know Hughes we could be meeting in the final.

Cool

http://www.intertracafc.co.uk - Playing in the Barnet Sunday Football League

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 29, 2012, 3:14 PM

Post #14 of 129 (19498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The_Player] London Sunday Junior Cup 2012-2013 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Anyway good luck, you never know Hughes we could be meeting in the final.

Cool

That would be good...but there are other Edmonton/Enfield-based sides who are in with a shout of reaching the Final as well.

Let's hope if that happens, the London FA can use the new Queen Elizabeth Stadium (Enfield Town FC) instead of us North London sides having to go to Tooting & Mitcham or Dulwich Hamlet and play in front of just a handful of supporters.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 30, 2012, 6:25 PM

Post #15 of 129 (19481 views)
Shortcut

Highlights from the Edmonton Rovers v. Bromley Knights match in the Second Round are now online here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YShJBYVOfYs

The London Maccabi Lions 'B' v. London Tigers match was abandoned for some reason and the London FA have now awarded the match to London Maccabi Lions.

As for the other missing results from the matches I highlighted, Millwall Albion beat Mehmetcik 7-6 After Extra Time, while Seven Acre & Sidcup were awarded their match against Clavisque, so it looks like the Edmonton Sunday League probably pulled Clavisque out when they found out they had entered when they 'shouldn't have done'.

Millwall Albion run a big Youth setup in the very strong Echo Junior League, so I would expect them to have some good players who have progressed to their mens' Sunday team from that. They are now Away to Inter Trac in the Third Round, so that should be a game worth watching.

One team I forgot about are Maronites. I didn't realise they are now in the top division of the KOPA League, albeit struggling near the bottom of the table. They beat Aberdeen Supporters 4-1 Away, and that sounds like a very good result. They could be another one to watch when the competition gets to the Quarter-Final stages.

(This post was edited by HughesVideo on Oct 30, 2012, 6:27 PM)

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 2, 2012, 8:00 PM

Post #16 of 129 (19440 views)
Shortcut

Great camera work in the Bromley Knights game as always Hughesvideo. Good job. I think it could have been a higher scoring game with more composure in front of goal. Another thing that struck me watching that video - is how rarely players slide tackle these days. Refereeing is much stricter nowadays. 10-15 years ago, tackling was far more brutal, and playing amateur football was as dangerous as taking a walk in mugger's alley at 2am!

Bromley Knights look a decent team...but certainly not the tearaway, runaway leaders that their results and league form this season suggest. Perhaps the OBDSFL's second tier has been weakened by the promotion of Groundhoppers and Baldon Sports to the Senior Div? Certainly looks like it is much easier for clubs to get good results now without those two clubs around.

I actually recall playing Millwall Albion many years ago. Good to see they are still going.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 26, 2012, 8:47 PM

Post #17 of 129 (19173 views)
Shortcut

It looks as if most of the Third Round matches that were due to be played yesterday (Sunday 25th November) were postponed because of waterlogged pitches, but my team (Edmonton Rovers) match Away to Dees Reserves was on and we managed to win 2-1.
The journey from Edmonton to Mitcham took just over an hour, and although we fielded a strong squad of 15 and all our players were up for it and at the venue in good time, we didn't play particularly well and it is definitely true that a long journey does affect performances in these competitions.
I now know how Bromley Knights must have felt having to leave at 8.00.a.m. to travel to us in the previous round.

The only other results I know about are:
London Maccabi Lions 'B' 4 Edmonton Blades 3
Apparently that was played on their 3G Astroturf at Rowley Lane. A report of that match is here on the London Lions website. We are now Away to London Maccabi Lions 'B' in the next round.
Green Oak Moreton 1 Kenningwell United Reserves 4
FC Cortez 2 Seven Acre & Sidcup 4
Thames Borough 2 CFC Flamengo 6
That result suggests that CFC Flamego (an undefeated side from Division Two of the Essex Sunday Football Combination) will be a team to watch out for, especially as that was the division Lord Stanley were in last season.
Sandmere had a walkover win at Home to Santley Lions

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 29, 2012, 10:56 PM

Post #18 of 129 (19116 views)
Shortcut

Third Round match highlights: Dees Reserves v. Edmonton Rovers.
Now showing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voON_5UuD74

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 30, 2012, 5:38 AM

Post #19 of 129 (19103 views)
Shortcut

Congrats to your team HughesVideo. I think this is the furthest that Edmonton Rovers has gone in LFA competition for many years? I know you don't agree, but I still think it was better for your team to be in the Junior Cup. More confidence building victories, rather than being drawn against some ruthless trophy hunter Premier team in round 1.

The opposition were nowhere as good as Bromley Knights. The miss by the Dees number 14 at 3:25 is one of the worst I have ever seen. Why didn't he just calmly sidefoot it into the net?
When another Dees striker sidefooted the ball to your GK (rather than score!), who was the person who shouted "this is such a s*** standard. This is embarrassing."?

(This post was edited by stevegraze on Nov 30, 2012, 2:56 PM)

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 30, 2012, 9:48 AM

Post #20 of 129 (19100 views)
Shortcut

Congrats to your team HughesVideo. I think this is the furthest that Edmonton Rovers has gone in LFA competition for many years? I know you don't agree, but I still think it was better for your team to be in the Junior Cup. More confidence building victories, rather than being drawn against some ruthless trophy hunter Premier team in round 1.

To be honest, I was not fussed either way, but our players were delighted to be in the Junior Cup.

The opposition were nowhere as good as Bromley Knights. The miss by the Dees number 14 at 3:25 is one of the worst I have ever seen. Why didn't he just calmly sidefoot it into the net?

Maybe so, but the goal he scored later on was quality...and in my opinion the best scored against us so far this season.

When another Dees striker sidefooted the ball to your GK (rather than score!), who was the person who shouted "this is such a s*** standard, this is embarrassing"?

That was our Manager. He was referring to that and the No.14's miss (which happened just before that).

The highlights are very misleading though. They were just about the only two incidents of bad play in the whole match. There was a lot of good football played which didn't lead to a shot on goal, therefore not in the highlights. For example, Dees Reserves did a 20-pass fast one-touch move at one stage of the Second Half, but we defended really well against it without diving in and eventually snuffed out the chance.

It was one of those games where you look at the opposition running onto the pitch with a load of overweight and/or ungainly players, many with their socks not pulled up properly, and players (and Managers) automatically think they are going to be 's***'.
They were a very good side and a lot better than we expected. Although their First Team had a League game on the next pitch, there was nothing to stop them playing First Team players in this match as they had not yet played in the London FA Sunday Challenge Cup this season thanks to a Bye in the First Round and a walkover against London Maccabi Lions 'A' in the Second. (Their First Team play their LFA Sunday Challenge Cup Third Round match this coming Sunday).

In fact I will predict now that we will go on and win the competition, beating seven teams who all go on to win their respective divisions this season...and in some cases top League title divisions. (Lord Morpeth, Bromley Knights, Dees Reserves, London Maccabi Lions 'B', Middlesbrough Supporters, Enfield Royals & Burnt Oak Builders Merchants).
How's that ? Wink

It could be that we might have had easier games if we had been in the LFA Sunday Intermediate Cup this season !?

(This post was edited by HughesVideo on Nov 30, 2012, 10:04 AM)

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 30, 2012, 3:37 PM

Post #21 of 129 (19077 views)
Shortcut

One thing I forgot to mention. The playing surface looked very green on the video. It seemed a very good surface for this level of football. Was that your impression too?

I think the Intermediate Cup would have been far tougher for you. The Junior Cup has many reserve teams (which is where they should be, the LFA got that right). Whereas the Intermediate Cup has the usual wide spectrum of quality with some top division teams that should not be there (Cetinkya, Pendaiya, Brotherhood, Antalyaspor, FC Team, Norton, FC Alpha, Convoys, Lord Stanley, Koture etc). You would have been very likely to play some of those teams had you gone into the Intermediate Cup.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 30, 2012, 4:01 PM

Post #22 of 129 (19075 views)
Shortcut

One thing I forgot to mention. The playing surface looked very green on the video. It seemed a very good surface for this level of football. Was that your impression too?

Yes it was a good surface, especially considering the amount of rain that fell the day before. The car park and surrounding grass areas were badly flooded, but it appears they have a full-time groundsman at this venue (the Westminster City School Playing Fields in Mitcham) who looks after the actual pitches.
They had a load of Youth Team matches being played over there straight after our game had finished.

I understand Old Westminster Citizens from one of the AFA Leagues use it as their home ground, and as we know, it is an AFA rule that First XI pitches have to be forked, rolled & sanded...or at least that's certainly the case in the Southern Amateur League.

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 3, 2012, 2:28 PM

Post #23 of 129 (19030 views)
Shortcut

Millwall Albion run a big Youth setup in the very strong Echo Junior League, so I would expect them to have some good players who have progressed to their mens' Sunday team from that. They are now Away to Inter Trac in the Third Round, so that should be a game worth watching.

That was a good 3-2 win for Inter Trac yesterday in their delayed Third Round match against Millwall Albion.
How did the match go ? (If The_Player is about ?)

I also notice Middlesbrough Supporters won 2-1 Away to Tristars & Deloitte. I wonder if having Marlon Beresford in goal made the difference ?

The_Player
Junior Team Sub

Dec 3, 2012, 3:54 PM

Team(s): Inter Trac AFC (Sunday League)

Post #24 of 129 (19022 views)
Shortcut

Firstly, congratulations on your win HughesVideo over Dees Reserves...

As for our game against Millwall Albion it was quiet a straight forward win as their keeper got sent-off for bringing down our striker so the match as an even contest was finished half-way through the first half...

We started the game well and took the lead in the first 15 mins, they slowly started to improve and equalised... Then around the half hour mark their keeper brought down our striker and gave away a penalty and got sent off... Our striker converted the penalty and they made it to half time still 2-1 down...

Early in the second half our striker got his hat-trick to make it 3-1 and then we proceeded to miss chance after chance, open goals, one on ones, free headers you name it, we missed it... Then with 5 minutes left they made it 3-2 which set up a nervy end to a game which we basically dominated from start to finish... Scoreline I feel flatters Millwall Albion

They're a decent well drilled side, tough tackling and a strong unit...

Hopefully we can push on from this but we're probably gonna lose a couple players who are moving back to France... So that will weaken us a little

Next round we'll face either Turk Ocagi London or Danson Albion B.... We knocked Danson Albion B out this tournament last season...

http://www.intertracafc.co.uk - Playing in the Barnet Sunday Football League

HughesVideo
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 3, 2012, 4:14 PM

Post #25 of 129 (19017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The_Player] London Sunday Junior Cup 2012-2013 [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Next round we'll face either Turk Ocagi London or Danson Albion B.... We knocked Danson Albion B out this tournament last season...

Danson Albion B beat Turk Ogaci 4-1 on Sunday.
Both teams are not doing particularly well in lower divisions of their Leagues (unlike who we have got to play in the next round), so it looks like you should be able to progress.

Not sure if I have mentioned it on here yet, but the Final is being played at Beckenham Town FC (10.30.a.m. Kick-Off) on the 28th April. That's a hellish journey for teams from the North London area, but nevertheless, an Edmonton Rovers v. Inter Trac Final would be good. Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3