Gig tickets

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 23, 2012, 4:35 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #1 of 10 (2271 views)
Shortcut
Gig tickets Can't Post or Reply Privately

It might be useful, as we have a lot of music fans on here, to have a sticky for ticket exchanges etc - not along the lines of viagogo/seatwave as they're just legalised touts masquerading as good guys but a proper face value exchange if stuck with spares. Just a thought.

Anyway, I am looking for Muse tickets for Birmingham in October and missed the open sale as I was in Poland when it occurred. Now, via gumtree, I find a site called www.secretmusic.co.uk who say they will sell at face value or even just below and charge no postage! Anyone used them in the past? They are looking for a bank transfer or payment into a Nationwide account (no credit cards) and it obviously doesn't feel right. There's little info about them on the web and they haven't been outed as scammers yet. They have a "trust score" of 76% on scamadviser but I'm not convinced. All info helpful.

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 23, 2012, 5:23 PM

Post #2 of 10 (2257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Gig tickets [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Got no inside info on them but it looks legit.
Their Facebook has been 'liked' by artists as big as LadyGaga and Swedish House Mafia as well as a few venues which you may consider as official endorsement.
It looks like a member's club and you have to pay 25 to be a member. I don't know if you have to join up to buy tickets from them.

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 23, 2012, 5:46 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #3 of 10 (2247 views)
Shortcut

I know one thing, you have to be damn quick and lucky to get tickets for some of these bands Frown
Good idea with the thread.

636 GROUNDS - Burton Park Wanderers/Kettering Town(61/92)
581 WETHERSPOONS - Newport IOW
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Jun 23, 2012, 5:52 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #4 of 10 (2244 views)
Shortcut

If not sure how this 'trust score' thing works but theirs has gone down from 86% on June 12th. Personally I wouldn't trust anyone who has an 'untrustworthy' score of 24%, and there's no way I'd buy from someone on ebay who has a positive rating of only 76%. For me it has to be in the high 90s, if not 100%.

Muse are one of the few acts that I'd love to see live. You've probably seen this thread on muselive (you probably posted it!), but might be worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.muselive.com/...=posts&p=2298272

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 23, 2012, 7:41 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #5 of 10 (2235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Gig tickets [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If not sure how this 'trust score' thing works but theirs has gone down from 86% on June 12th. Personally I wouldn't trust anyone who has an 'untrustworthy' score of 24%, and there's no way I'd buy from someone on ebay who has a positive rating of only 76%. For me it has to be in the high 90s, if not 100%.

Muse are one of the few acts that I'd love to see live. You've probably seen this thread on muselive (you probably posted it!), but might be worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.muselive.com/...=posts&p=2298272

Yes - seen that and keeping my cash in my pocket for now.

Muse are the greatest live act I've seen - 6 times to date being NEC Birmingham, December 2003; Earls Court, December 2004; Grand Place Arras, July 2006; NEC Birmingham,November 2006; NIA Birmingham, November 2009 and Old Trafford Cricket Ground in September 2010. Their killer tunes are becoming fewer and fewer with each new release but the energy and spectacle they bring to the stage is awesome

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Jun 23, 2012, 8:32 PM)

stourboy
First Team Star

Jun 24, 2012, 11:11 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #6 of 10 (2178 views)
Shortcut

Mulling over Human League or Madness in November/December!

sjj2112
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 25, 2012, 12:23 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alexandra, Nantwich Town, Ashford Town (Middx), Venezia

Post #7 of 10 (2117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stourboy] Gig tickets [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Only seen Muse live once, and agree that it was one of the best live shows I have seen. Luckily I've got a ticket for the O2 so I get to see them a second time.

I'm a man of many anoraks.....

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 27, 2012, 1:27 AM

Post #8 of 10 (2075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Gig tickets [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I've just noticed that this website and forum have a 76% rating as well. What that tells me is that Scamadviser is not to be trusted.

(This post was edited by VP on Jun 27, 2012, 1:31 AM)

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 28, 2012, 3:43 AM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #9 of 10 (1867 views)
Shortcut

Purchased a ticket for EVANESCENCE at Wembley Arena on Fri Nov 9th, will be my first metal concert and rather appropriate it should be them as they were the group that first got me hooked on female metal music Smile

Tickets still available!

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 20, 2013, 6:01 AM

Post #10 of 10 (1351 views)
Shortcut

Useful thread this, if you have any spare tickets to sell Tongue
Sly

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3