Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

May 22, 2012, 9:42 PM

Post #1 of 24 (15597 views)
Shortcut
Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nothing definite yet but here's what I've heard so far:-

Epsom Athletic will almost certainly be promoted to Combined Counties Div 1.

Bookham are resigning from CCL1 to join the league.

Bagshot have been accepted after winning the Aldershot & District League.

Abbey have been accepted after finishing second in the Surrey County Intermediate League (Western).

Apparently there has been one other application to join but I don't know who it is. Probably one from
Yateley Green who won the SCIL (W), Claygate & Ditton or Battersea who finished top two in the Surrey South Eastern Combination.

If the other applicant gets the nod then I assume the league will be relegating two teams to get it back to 16. The bottom two were Farnborough North End and Virginia Water.

(This post was edited by VP on May 22, 2012, 9:47 PM)

sandhurstbee

May 23, 2012, 1:04 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #2 of 24 (15461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I get confused over what rules apply to what level but if Abbey are being promoted from SCIL West will this rule Yateley Green out with the other promotee coming from the East? Don`t know about facilities at Battersea or Claygate. Yateley Green were former Hampshire League members and have a fixed rail around the pitch.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

HarryC
First Team Star

May 23, 2012, 3:07 PM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #3 of 24 (15410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Farnborough North End were expecting to be in West Surrey next season.

VP

May 23, 2012, 4:20 PM

Post #4 of 24 (15388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I get confused over what rules apply to what level but if Abbey are being promoted from SCIL West will this rule Yateley Green out with the other promotee coming from the East? Don`t know about facilities at Battersea or Claygate. Yateley Green were former Hampshire League members and have a fixed rail around the pitch.

No, Abbey coming up doesn't stop Yateley Green coming up. When the league started it was to be four down replaced by the top two in the SCIL(W) and SSEC. It seems a bit much to me to relegate four from a 16 team division but there you go. So far teams resigning and/or folding have meant there's been no need to relegate four plus the step up to a county-wide league has been a bit more than some clubs are willing to take which is understandable.
There was talk that the rules would be changed to two down and one up from each 'step 8' league but, as far as I'm aware, that hasn't happened yet.
For the last two seasons a team from the Aldershot & District have applied and got in. That used to be a feeder to either of the Hampshire Leagues but these days clubs have a choice which is good.

(This post was edited by VP on May 23, 2012, 4:22 PM)

bangoreserve
Ballboy/girl

May 26, 2012, 10:37 AM

Team(s): Arsenal, Bangor City, Yateley, Yateley Green

Post #5 of 24 (15195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

According to the Yateley News and Mail, after Yateley Green FC beat rivals Yateley FC on there final game of the season 4-0, it was printed that after winning the league they hoped to be joining the Surrey Elite League. So seems likely as yes they have a railed pitch and changing rooms, car parking etc. Seems strange that a village/small town of its size does not have a senior team like the other towns and villages locally (Finchampstead, Eversley, Cove Ash, Sandhurst) Of which always have players originally from the town of Yateley!

Knowing players of Yateley FC, I know that they are trying desperately to raise funds in order to build a small academy and some great facilities (hence the gig on the green event) http://www.gigonthegreenyateley.co.uk/

Of course news circulating of a merger! Although seems the best idea...they really don't like each other so I cant see it happening

sandhurstbee

May 26, 2012, 11:00 AM

Post #6 of 24 (15182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bangoreserve] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yateley FC were at One time in the Combined Counties League but were demoted about 30 years ago with the likes of Wrecclesham and Clarion due to Lack of facilities. Yateley Green were in the Hampshire League but resigned a few years back mainly due to cost I believe. They were going to share the Cricket Clubs bar but this fell through and the club went downhill from here. It would be good to see them climbing back up the pyramid.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

VP

May 31, 2012, 11:53 PM

Post #7 of 24 (14872 views)
Shortcut

I've just been having a play with Find-A-Club. It's not working on the FA site but I got into it via Surrey FA.

It's not 100% up to date but some changes are on there.
It lists Yateley Green in the Surrey Elite. It also lists Claygate & Ditton as members.
Interestingly, Abbey are still listed as SCIL(W). I read on another forum that they had been accepted into the Elite. Maybe that was wrong.
Bagshot are still listed as Aldershot & District but they've publicly announced their promotion.
I'm sure the league bulletin a while ago said there were three applications to join. Maybe that doesn't include teams from the SCIL(W) and SSEC who are the natural feeder leagues.
If that's correct and you include Bagshot and Bookham as two of the applicants there could be someone else out there from another step 7 league moving across.

(This post was edited by VP on Jun 1, 2012, 12:10 AM)

bangoreserve
Ballboy/girl

Jun 3, 2012, 9:06 PM

Post #8 of 24 (14673 views)
Shortcut

Thats great news as it seems Yateley Green are up, would be great if Bagshot are confirmed as that would be 3 local teams (Old Farnboronians) of course in the Blackwater Valley area. Also don't know if Virginia Water stayed up but that would also mean less traveling and more money in the coffers of these clubs who I am sure all have aspirations of making the big leap to Step 6.

Green won the league last year by 9 points, ahead of the FA funded Worlpesdon and Abbey.

Anybody know if Step 7 clubs can enter FA vase if they have lights? (Yateley Green play less than half a mile from Eversley FC who are putting in lights) I know also that this league lost its status as Step 7 though, although it does not seem to have effected clubs chances of promotion.

VP

Jun 3, 2012, 10:12 PM

Post #9 of 24 (14649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bangoreserve] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Old Farnboronians are definitely looking at joining the Combined Counties League. They've applied for the last two seasons. They were denied the first time as their application was late plus they were still in the Aldershot & District League (step 8). This season just gone they didn't finish high enough for promotion. Yateley Green and Bagshot may have aspirations as well but will need to install floodlights and stuff to get promoted. I wouldn't say there's a big leap to step 6 playing-wise, it's just the ground criteria that's the big hurdle.

Clubs at step 7 can enter the FA Vase.
So far no-one in the Surrey Elite has played in it though. Epsom Athletic are the first club from the league to apply to play in it but they've just been promoted.

The league has never had official step 7 status. It applied and was turned down due to taking teams from a larger geographical area than the FA liked or something. I can't remember the specifics.
When the league looked at applying again the FA had decided to come up with a ground grading system to get official status. The league decided it would probably never meet the criteria of 75% of its clubs having the grading so sort of gave up on the idea.

(This post was edited by VP on Jun 3, 2012, 10:14 PM)

Bearded Avenger
Junior Team Regular

Jun 9, 2012, 9:09 PM

Post #10 of 24 (14389 views)
Shortcut

Old Farnboronian's website states that they will be in the SEIL for 2012/2013 and also includes a 12/13 table featuring the following 17 (ie 2 additional) clubs:

1. Abbey 0 0 2. Abbey Rangers 0 0 3. AFC Cubo 0 0 4. Battersea Ironsides 0 0 5. Bookham 0 0 6. Claygate & Ditton 0 0 7. Coulsdon Town 0 0 8. Crescent Rovers 0 0 9. Horsley 0 0 10. Old Farnboronians 0 0 11. Oxted & District 0 0 12. Reigate Priory 0 0 13. Ripley Village 0 0 14. Tooting Bec 0 0 15. Virginia Water 0 0 16. Weston Green 0 0 17. Yateley Green 1. Abbey 0 0 2. Abbey Rangers 0 0 3. AFC Cubo 0 0 4. Battersea Ironsides 0 0 5. Bookham 0 0 6. Claygate & Ditton 0 0 7. Coulsdon Town 0 0 8. Crescent Rovers 0 0 9. Horsley 0 0 10. Old Farnboronians 0 0 11. Oxted & District 0 0 12. Reigate Priory 0 0 13. Ripley Village 0 0 14. Tooting Bec 0 0 15. Virginia Water 0 0 16. Weston Green 0 0 17. Yateley Green 1. Abbey 0 0 2. Abbey Rangers 0 0 3. AFC Cubo 0 0 4. Battersea Ironsides 0 0 5. Bookham 0 0 6. Claygate & Ditton 0 0 7. Coulsdon Town 0 0 8. Crescent Rovers 0 0 9. Horsley 0 0 10. Old Farnboronians 0 0 11. Oxted & District 0 0 12. Reigate Priory 0 0 13. Ripley Village 0 0 14. Tooting Bec 0 0 15. Virginia Water 0 0 16. Weston Green 0 0 17. Yateley Green
Abbey (promoted)
Abbey Rangers
AFC Cubo
Batersea Ironsides
Bookham (dropped down/relegated from CCD1)
Claygate & Ditton (promoted)
Coulsdon Town
Crescent Rovers
Horsley
Old Farnboronians
Oxted & District
Reigate Priory
Ripley Village
Tooting Bec
Virginia Water
Weston Green
Yateley Green (promoted)

Promoted: Epsom Athletic
Relegated: Farnborough North End

VP

Jun 12, 2012, 7:46 PM

Post #11 of 24 (14165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bearded Avenger] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Old Farnboronian's website states that they will be in the SEIL for 2012/2013 and also includes a 12/13 table featuring the following 17 (ie 2 additional) clubs:

I see that table has now been removed. On the NLUK forums Bagshot's manager is still saying they're in it next season.

The strange thing is that Old Farnboronians now have their reserve's table on their site for 2012-13. That shows Bagshot as still being in the Aldershot & District League. The table is definitely up to date as it's got the new name for Eversley's 'A' side on it and features Yateley Green Reserves who were in the SCIL(W) last season.
The Yateley Green thing makes sense as their reserves can't play in the SCIL(W) if it hasn't got their first team in it and I doubt they'd want them to join the Surrey Elite Reserve Division due to the travelling. I think it's a bit much for a step 7 reserve side.
My view is that the CCL and Surrey Elite should get together and form a reserve league split east/west rather than the current system of two county-wide reserve divisions, both of which are struggling for numbers. They'd probably get more teams willing to play in it than at present.

(This post was edited by VP on Jun 12, 2012, 7:49 PM)

VP

Jun 15, 2012, 11:33 PM

Post #12 of 24 (13940 views)
Shortcut

Just seen it confirmed - Bagshot aren't in the Surrey Elite next season. They're switching across to the Surrey County Intermediate (Western). They were invited into the Elite but have turned it down for now. If they finish high enough next season then they'll hopefully take the step up.
I haven't watched this level of football for years but quite a few people say the top division of the SCIL(W) is a better standard than the Aldershot & District Premier Division even though they're at the same level.

VP

Jun 17, 2012, 5:36 PM

Post #13 of 24 (13803 views)
Shortcut

We have a proposed constitution courtesy of Virginia Water's website. http://www.vwfc.co.uk/club/News/view/674399

As it says on there - "There are unconfirmed reports that Abbey runners up in the Surrey Intermediate (Western) and losing County Cup finalists who originally applied have merged with their parent club Abbey Rangers."

The constitiution to be put to the AGM:

Abbey Rangers
AFC Cubo
Battersea Ironsides
Bookham (voluntarily relegated from CCL1)
Claygate & Ditton (promoted from Surrey South Eastern Combination Intermediate Div 1)
Coulsdon Town
Crescent Rovers
Horsley
Old Farnboronians
Oxted & District
Reigate Priory
Ripley Village
Tooting Bec
Virginia Water
Weston Green Sports
Yateley Green (promoted from SCIL(W) Premier Division)

The reserve division has a couple of CCL teams in it so my thoughts about the two reserve divisions joining together in the future may not be too far-fetched.

Abbey Rangers Reserves
Battersea Ironsides Reserves
Bookham Reserves (from CCL Reserve Division)
Coulsdon Town Reserves
Crescent Rovers Reserves
Epsom Athletic Reserves
Horsley Reserves
Mole Valley SCR Reserves (from Suburban League)
Oxted & District Reserves
Reigate Priory Reserves
Ripley Village Reserves
Tooting Bec Reserves (from SSEC Junior Division 2)
Virginia Water Reserves

Leaving the Intermediate Division:

Epsom Athletic (promoted to CCL1)
Farnborough North End (relegated to SCIL(W))

Leaving the Reserve Division:

Bletchingley Reserves. They had been allowed to stay in the league after their first team withdrew in December. The VW website says they're expected to reform in the Surrey South Eastern Combination.

bangoreserve
Ballboy/girl

Sep 18, 2012, 1:05 PM

Post #14 of 24 (13215 views)
Shortcut

Update on Yateley Green FC.

Sitting pretty after an defeated start to the league. Very good sides in this league and its very early days but they should of won the games they drew (vs Coulsdon)

Lets see what happens, but anybody know how long in advance would they need to give notice of intent for promotion?

No lights and as far as I know, no further plans for them dont know about the rest of the ground weather it would be accepted in CCL1 on a temporary basis like our rivals Eversley FC. Or even a possible ground share with them as its so close to Yateley?

If anyone knows further info would be good to know.

In Reply To

VP

Sep 18, 2012, 4:40 PM

Post #15 of 24 (13182 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Update on Yateley Green FC.

Sitting pretty after an defeated start to the league. Very good sides in this league and its very early days but they should of won the games they drew (vs Coulsdon)

Lets see what happens, but anybody know how long in advance would they need to give notice of intent for promotion?

No lights and as far as I know, no further plans for them dont know about the rest of the ground weather it would be accepted in CCL1 on a temporary basis like our rivals Eversley FC. Or even a possible ground share with them as its so close to Yateley?

If anyone knows further info would be good to know.

In Reply To

If Green are looking at promotion then my advice is to contact the CCL as soon as possible. I think the formal application has to be in by December 31st copied to the SEIL and FA but don't take my word for that.
The CCL will be very helpful and say what needs to be done ground-wise. Floodlights are compulsory for teams in the league as of March 31st 2013 with teams not having them facing relegation but there may be a period of grace for new teams coming up.
Eversley's floodlights are going up in November / December so a groundshare is an option but judging by the conditions imposed on them to get planning permission it may not be possible for them to accept another club playing there, that's if they want to.

sandhurstbee

Oct 4, 2012, 12:56 PM

Post #16 of 24 (12811 views)
Shortcut

Sandhurst, Camberley or maybe even Hartley Wintney could be options but then you start getting into the realms of `Is it still Yateley Green` ?

VP

Oct 4, 2012, 7:29 PM

Post #17 of 24 (12759 views)
Shortcut

Camberley is definitely out. We have four of our own teams using the pitch, there's no room for any more.
I didn't mention earlier but there is of course the rule about groundshare's not being used to gain promotion.

The FA's standardised rules on ground sharing have been re-written slightly this season. They now say: "Ground sharing may not be permitted when one of the sharers retains the use of another ground unless that club can show by means of a refused planning permission or similar that it cannot meet the requirements of the Criteria Document at that ground."

sandhurstbee

Oct 9, 2012, 7:13 AM

Post #18 of 24 (12533 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Camberley is definitely out. We have four of our own teams using the pitch, there's no room for any more.
I didn't mention earlier but there is of course the rule about groundshare's not being used to gain promotion.

The FA's standardised rules on ground sharing have been re-written slightly this season. They now say: "Ground sharing may not be permitted when one of the sharers retains the use of another ground unless that club can show by means of a refused planning permission or similar that it cannot meet the requirements of the Criteria Document at that ground."

This is the problem with proposed Groundshares, Sandhurst would be in a similar position though Wintney have the extra pitch for their reserves but I don`t think that has lights. Clubs have to start facing facts, If they have not got the facilities they should stay and establish themselves at their own level.

Richard Rundle

Oct 9, 2012, 11:54 AM

Post #19 of 24 (12496 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

This is the problem with proposed Groundshares, Sandhurst would be in a similar position though Wintney have the extra pitch for their reserves but I don`t think that has lights. Clubs have to start facing facts, If they have not got the facilities they should stay and establish themselves at their own level.

Or perhaps the FA and Leagues should start facing facts and stop asking for ridiculous ground facilities at such a low level.

SpiderBee
First Team Sub

Oct 17, 2012, 12:55 PM

Team(s): Colliers Wood United & Queen's Park (Glasgow)

Post #20 of 24 (11913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Surrey Elite Intermediate League 2012-13 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Or perhaps the FA and Leagues should start facing facts and stop asking for ridiculous ground facilities at such a low level.

Always said that lights and some covered accomodation with a post and rail is adequate for step 5.

The 2019/20 Colliers Wood United FC Website

wibbandune.simplesite.com/

bangoreserve
Ballboy/girl

Oct 17, 2012, 1:41 PM

Post #21 of 24 (11892 views)
Shortcut

Yes I cant really see to many options for Green Army! Cody sports Ground is also very close but Old Farnb share that with Fleet Spurs. Eversley have used it for one of the Aldershot Sen Cup games. So 3 teams have used it this season. I do agree they should not do a 'Badshot lea' and become another village team that leaves the village only to play in a town miles away. The Gig on Green fundraiser is for Yateley Sports association that wants to build proper sports facilities in the village but is not associated with Yateley Green FC. Really needed as so many football teams I see training on the main green in the near darkness everyday at the moment. Not ideal for the kids teams.

Big sport in Yateley is football as I remember from my school days here and winning many local cups in not only my age group but many others. Even now Fleet town Fc have an academy team that train and learn at Yateley sixth form college.

http://www.fleettownfc.co.uk/youth-academy.php

Good luck to the club this season, I will be giving a donation this season, but a long way to go still in the season before even thinking about promotion.

bangoreserve
Ballboy/girl

Mar 7, 2013, 6:14 PM

Post #22 of 24 (9467 views)
Shortcut

So a merger has been confirmed, Yateley FC (Combined Counties league in the 80's) are to merge with Yateley Green FC, who currently sit top of the Surrey Elite league, don't know what this means in terms of potential Step 6 promotion, but its a step in the right direction. It looks like the home ground could be switched to the Green, as Thythings is being muted as the club HQ. The fund raiser for the club will enter its 3rd year in the form of Gig on the Green.

Yateley Green will be looking to rediscover form, on the final push for the title, looks like Old Farnb will be breathing down there necks.

For now though, all hail the new club Yateley United!!

http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/news/s/2130205_birth_of_yateley_united_as_clubs_merge

VP

Mar 7, 2013, 7:43 PM

Post #23 of 24 (9447 views)
Shortcut

I thought the two main Yateley sides had a mutual dislike of each other! I wish them well though.
As an aside, I contacted the Gig On The Green organisers twice regarding getting the band I'm involved with to play this year. We'd be perfect for that festival. I didn't get a reply. Miserable scrotes. Frown

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Mar 8, 2013, 1:31 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #24 of 24 (9357 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

From the article..."The new strip will be green and orange".

I take it the new team will be nicknamed The Carrots!

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3