March Weatherspoons Beer Festival

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Mar 17, 2012, 9:21 PM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #1 of 20 (1905 views)
Shortcut
March Weatherspoons Beer Festival Can't Post or Reply Privately

just in case anyone is vaguely interested- have managed to tick off 23 of the 50 beers on offer from the Weatherspoons March beer festival list -favourite beer so far-King Goblin by Wychwood ... least favourite-Smokey Joe by Batemans (as it implies far too smoky for me)

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 17, 2012, 9:22 PM

Post #2 of 20 (1904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
just in case anyone is vaguely interested- have managed to tick off 23 of the 50 beers on offer from the Weatherspoons March beer festival list -favourite beer so far-King Goblin by Wychwood ... least favourite-Smokey Joe by Batemans (as it implies far too smoky for me)

A very fine ale indeed!

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 17, 2012, 9:27 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #3 of 20 (1903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

As you're such a frequent visitor, I'm sure you'll eventually notice the correct way to spell the bleedin' place Tongue

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Mar 17, 2012, 10:53 PM

Post #4 of 20 (1891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

glad to see you spotted my DELIBERATE spelling mistake- I thought a certain gentleman from Crewe might have been on my case first; some people spend to much time in front of a computer screen!!!Laugh

dottirofhod

Mar 17, 2012, 10:58 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #5 of 20 (1888 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
glad to see you spotted my DELIBERATE spelling mistake- I thought a certain gentleman from Crewe might have been on my case first; some people spend to much time in front of a computer screen!!!Laugh

Wether I spend too much time in front of a computer screen is up to me, but it's a def yes !

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Mar 18, 2012, 7:06 AM

Post #6 of 20 (1869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

not your computer time I was referring to, my friend, but take a look at the times a certain Irishman does a few of his postings; anyway I am surprised no-one has mentioned it was St Patrick`s Day yeterday and St George certainly stuffed the green dragon (perhaps it is mentioned under any other sports)Laugh

dottirofhod

Mar 18, 2012, 8:18 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #7 of 20 (1866 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
it was St Patrick`s Day yeterday

Was it ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 18, 2012, 8:20 AM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #8 of 20 (1865 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I am.
And have you had the Caledonian Coffee Porter? TongueTongue

637 GROUNDS - AFC Fylde(61/92)
582 WETHERSPOONS - Lytham
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 18, 2012, 8:47 AM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #9 of 20 (1860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's what royalty used to ask the staff at King's Cross station....

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

blucher blue
Youth Team Regular

Mar 18, 2012, 9:27 AM

Team(s): Stalybridge Celtic, Oldham A. Charlton

Post #10 of 20 (1857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
That's what royalty used to ask the staff at King's Cross station....

Or even Euston!

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 18, 2012, 2:20 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #11 of 20 (1846 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
not your computer time I was referring to, my friend, but take a look at the times a certain Irishman does a few of his postings; anyway I am surprised no-one has mentioned it was St Patrick`s Day yeterday and St George certainly stuffed the green dragon (perhaps it is mentioned under any other sports)Laugh

I have to wait until the kids go to bed!!!

Yes, well done on finishing second.

Oops.........is that 0-3 I hear on the radio.............Crazy

D A
First Team Star

Mar 18, 2012, 2:54 PM

Team(s): Airstrip 1.

Post #12 of 20 (1840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

0-5 with half hour left.

'I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced'.
29/11/2012. Anyone need numbers for Cheddar F C please p/m.

Trevor P
First Team Star

Mar 20, 2012, 6:27 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #13 of 20 (1762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [D A] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Needed 35 of the 50 on the list and am now looking for 16. It's a less interesting line-up than usual in my opinion. Not very many have particularly impressed me so far, but I DID enjoy the Moorhouse's APA Special. Torbay 'spoon's tomorrow morning and Exeter later should see a few more ticks in the beer book!

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 20, 2012, 6:39 PM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #14 of 20 (1759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [D A] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Smokey Joe one is different, but nice all the same.

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 23, 2012, 1:10 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #15 of 20 (1696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or

Done 5 pre-festival. Done 31/45 so far, 14 left and went in 10 JDWs on Weds, tried 4 beers, walked out of 6 with nothing new on Mad

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 23, 2012, 8:57 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #16 of 20 (1655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Done 5 pre-festival. Done 31/45 so far, 14 left and went in 10 JDWs on Weds, tried 4 beers, walked out of 6 with nothing new on Mad

This is a common problem, actually finding some of the beers!
Have you tried Wadworth Swordfish, made with Pussers Navy Rum, very nice beer.

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Apr 1, 2012, 6:33 PM

Post #17 of 20 (1490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

just in case anyone is still vagely interested- a miserable failure this time with only 45 of the 50 beers sampled-missing beers are from Acorn/O`Hanlon/ Phoenix/Kelham Island/Rudgate

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 2, 2012, 3:29 PM

Post #18 of 20 (1449 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
just in case anyone is still vagely interested- a miserable failure this time with only 45 of the 50 beers sampled-missing beers are from Acorn/O`Hanlon/ Phoenix/Kelham Island/Rudgate

Should have gone to Witham, they had 3 of your missing ones on last week Wink

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 2, 2012, 3:31 PM

Post #19 of 20 (1447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

This is a common problem, actually finding some of the beers!
Have you tried Wadworth Swordfish, made with Pussers Navy Rum, very nice beer.

Wadworth Swordfish was superb and one of the best. I liked Batemans - Smokey Joe as well!

Missing RCH - Puxton and Inveralmond Duncan's IPA. Unsure

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 2, 2012, 3:33 PM

Post #20 of 20 (1446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] March Weatherspoons Beer Festival [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

Had Acorn - Old Moor Porter, pre festival at a beer festival 2 miles from me, it was a good beer. Had Phoenix - March Hare pre festival and its nothing special.

The other three were all alright during the festival, but non of them stood out.

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Apr 2, 2012, 3:33 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3