INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Olympic Team GB or Not Team GB?

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Mar 5, 2012, 9:42 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #1 of 9 (2901 views)
Shortcut
Olympic Team GB or Not Team GB? Can't Post or Reply Privately

That is the question. Is anyone bothered? I aren't. Probably 10 Englismen + Gareth Bale.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 6, 2012, 10:45 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Olympic Team GB or Not Team GB? [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
That is the question. Is anyone bothered? I aren't. Probably 10 Englismen + Gareth Bale.

Totally uninterested in not only team GB at football but the whole Olympics

PaulC

Mar 6, 2012, 8:28 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #3 of 9 (2822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Olympic Team GB or Not Team GB? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Do you normally start discussions on topics you aren't interested in?

garethwrexy

Mar 8, 2012, 6:17 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #4 of 9 (2736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Olympic Team GB or Not Team GB? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

i will be cheering for team GB

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

forestman
Youth Team Star

Mar 10, 2012, 7:44 AM

Post #5 of 9 (2668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Olympic Team GB or Not Team GB? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Forget all the prevaracating and posturing about should it be a true GB team the obvious answer was always a tournament between england, scotland, wales and Northern Ireland with the winning country representing team GB

cope1

Mar 10, 2012, 9:33 AM

Post #6 of 9 (2657 views)
Shortcut

Olympic football is total nonsense. It would be more worthwhile if it was teams at the level of England 'C' (i.e. the non-league team).

Mishi

Mar 11, 2012, 10:16 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #7 of 9 (2608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Olympic Team GB or Not Team GB? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Worthwhile? Next thing you'll be spouting on about something called Olympic ideals' or some nonsense like that...long gone, apart from publicity soundbites!

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

Richard Rundle

Mar 12, 2012, 12:57 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2549 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Olympic Team GB or Not Team GB? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Olympic football is total nonsense. It would be more worthwhile if it was teams at the level of England 'C' (i.e. the non-league team).

This is the attidude that kept England out of the first few World Cups.

Other countries take the Olympic football tournament seriously. The biggest football crowd I've ever been part of was the Olympic final in 2000 between Spain and Cameroon.

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Mar 12, 2012, 1:33 PM

Team(s): All things Derbyshire

Post #9 of 9 (2542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Olympic Team GB or Not Team GB? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

This is the attidude that kept England out of the first few World Cups.

Other countries take the Olympic football tournament seriously. The biggest football crowd I've ever been part of was the Olympic final in 2000 between Spain and Cameroon.

I see both sides here - the Olympic ideal was amatuer - but thats's long since gone with most - but not all sports - rather see a World games - football, baseball, Tour de France style thing - whole kit and kaboodle
and a truly amatuer games - shooting and bowls or somesuch

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3