First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

adji
Reserve Team Star

Jan 28, 2012, 4:00 PM

Team(s): Birmingham City ,Clevedon Town and whoever else i want to watch

Post #1 of 143 (7365 views)
Shortcut
Sat 28th Jan 2012 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Due to other commitments i had to stay local amnd all footy had to be out of the way for 3pm so

Worcester City u18 5 Cardiff City u18 2

and

Droitwich Spa U18 0 Austrey Rangers u18 2

On my blog now

Please feel free to visit my blog at http://adjithegroundhopper.wordpress.com/

(This post was edited by adji on Jan 28, 2012, 8:01 PM)

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 28, 2012, 4:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 143 (7359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [adji] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cedars park 5-0 Gt Blakenham.

Suffolk Primary Cup Q/F.

No Adm. They do isuue programmes but there was no sign of any, evidently they're for the players, but a paper cuddler from Hammersmith arrived early and got one for him and one for Marno. As usual Marno was toooo shy to ask for an extra one, so looks like Len S will miss out on this one.
Att 20ish.

Last years finalists were no match for their lower league opponents (top div 4 v 2nd bot div 2). 4 up at H/T they just coasted through the 2nd half, just as well i had a couple a mates to have a yarn with, as the football wasn't that gripping.

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 28, 2012, 4:21 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #3 of 143 (7358 views)
Shortcut

East Juniors Central Division
Dundonald Bluebell v Luncarty, 3-0, H.T. 2-0, Att c.80, Admission £4, No programmes, Pie £1
at Moorside Park

The freezing conditions wiped out virtually the whole Junior programme. This was one of just four games to survive in the whole of the East and West Regions.

Moorside Park has a reasonably open aspect to the south allowing the sun to get onto most of the pitch. A narrow strip down one touch line was still a little white and crisp but the referee was proved correct in deeming it playable.

The two teams are at opposite ends of the table. Bluebell are favourites for promotion whilst Luncarty are, once again, amongst the candidates for the wooden spoon. Incredibly they had scored nine goals in their last two games but had not taken any points from them.

The match was pretty much one way traffic towards the Luncarty goal. Dundonald deserved more thana 2-0 half time lead having been thwarted by some decent saves and poor finishing. It was a similar story for most of the second half although Luncarty had a brief flurry of pressure midway through the half. The biggest surprise was that Bluebell added just one more goal.

It's always a pleasure to visit Dundonald who seem to be one of the better-run Junior clubs. The latest addition to the facilities at Moorside Park is a plush-looking Sponsor's Lounge.

Jamesie
Deleted

Jan 28, 2012, 4:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 143 (7348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Totley Sports 2 Holmesfield 5
Hope Valley Premier League
Adm/prog Nil Att: 20 ish

First game of the season for Sports at their traditional home of Totley Bents, by the excellent Cricket Inn, after spending the start of the season playing at Mickley Lane. This game saw the opening of the new pavilion, albeit without fanfare, with the pitch being pretty damned heavy. Despite this, it was a decent game, with Holmesfield looking that bit sharper and running out easy winners.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

Graeme
Reserve Team Sub

Jan 28, 2012, 4:58 PM

Team(s): Bradford P.A

Post #5 of 143 (7341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Measham Imperial 1 v Victoria 1.
North Leicestershire League Div.3.

Quaint ground hidden away behind the Leisure Centre on the main street through Measham. Pitch railed on most of two sides with an area of cover on the far side at the top of a small bank, giving an excellent view of the game. Very even game played in bright sunshine and well refereed by a no-nonsense official.

Total Grounds- 1355 (10).
Grounds this season- 35.
Latest New ground -Wibbandune Ground, Colliers Wood United.
Rugby Union grounds-7.
Latest-Twickenham.

(This post was edited by Graeme on Jan 28, 2012, 5:37 PM)

noprogs
First Team Star

Jan 28, 2012, 5:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 143 (7332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Graeme] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wickersley 1 Swinton Station 1
Sheffield County Senior League Division 1

Going west across the Pennines seemed out of the question today, so the first with a positive answer was Wickersley. The pitch was perfectly playable if a little bobbly, but that was little excuse for a pretty grim game. The home side took a shock lead just before the break with the first piece of decent football in the match. The visitors scored a deserved equaliser when their newly introduced, and best player, substitute was hit in the chest as he charged down a clearance, and the ball ricocheted into the home net.
Facilities are superfluous in this league, and the pitch, one of three parallel ones with others beyond, was just roped down one side, although the factory wall on the other side did give some feeling of enclosure.
The referee did not even bother to bring any flags, presumably in anticipation of no support, and stopped play too often, usually to the loudest appeal.

robhornby
First Team Star

Jan 28, 2012, 5:45 PM

Team(s): Non League Football

Post #7 of 143 (7311 views)
Shortcut

PARKHOUSE FC 4 CLIPSTONE WELFARE 7

Clipstone Welfare stay top of the CMFL North Division after a superb match played at Parkhouse FC.

Parkhouse now have a information phone which updates hoppers on if a pitch inspection is happening and if the game is on or not, the number is on my blog with the match report and photos taken at the game.

http://aroundthegrounds2011-12.blogspot.com/2012/01/clipstone-welfare-are-in-seventh-heaven.html

To visit my charity blog..please click on http://aroundthegrounds2017-18.blogspot.co.uk/

rambler77
First Team Star

Jan 28, 2012, 6:04 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #8 of 143 (7285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robhornby] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

OADBY TOWN 2-1 GREENWOOD MEADOWS
East Midlands Counties League

Hard going for Oadby against a determined Greenwood side.

Oadby broke the deadlock with around 15 to play from Jon Stevenson, only for the visitors to equalise a minute later caused by a complete mix-up / cock up between Dec Towers and gk Elliot Shilliam. Oadby got the winner from Danny Wilson in the 84th minute.

Greenwood had a man sent off during the second half when the game was goalless for a tackle on Matt Piper, which to be fair seemed harsh and warranted a booking at most.

Not the best game which was played on a poor pitch in front of a poor attendance of just 96.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 28, 2012, 6:18 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #9 of 143 (7269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Midlands Regional Alliance ~ Division Two

Ambergate 1
(90+4)
Hilton Harriers 1
(2og)

Venue: Thomas William Recreation Ground (TOP PITCH), Old Road, Heage. / Att: 4

Couldn't stop smiling watching this one as it looked like lowly Hilton were going to do the impossible and actually beat high-flying Ambergate. Harriers scored first from a corner when the home keeper dropped the ball into his own net but from this point on 'Gate absolutely battered the visitors and should have bagged at least a dozen. That they didn't was down to Hilton's keeper (who was simply outstanding and made some unbelievable saves), a determined midfield and back four, the crossbar and a post! They were gutted when the equaliser trickled into the back of the net and I couldn't help but share in their disappointment. Unsure Hard luck lads.

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Jan 28, 2012, 6:34 PM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #10 of 143 (7241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robhornby] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wessex Premier League

Moneyfields 1 GE Hamble 0

admission 5-00, programme 1-00 (quite good), attendance est 85 (71, according to Hamble website)

4th v 3rd
First visit for a couple of years to Copnor, Portsmouth, an area that always reminds me of London. Always a friendly club there, with no frills.
The home team, who had notched up ten wins in a row, started like a train (reference to lots of trains going past behind one of the goals) and could have scored twice in the first four minutes. They dominated in the first quarter, but Hamble resisted strongly, and always looked dangerous on the break. The home team looked good in midfield, and used the wings well at times, but the long ball brought them most joy. From one long ball the covering defender (no 2 - 'Monkey') fell and held the ball clearly with both hands, which was ignored by the ref. From another the forward went wide round the keeper but from a tight angle failed to finish. Hamble broke and Jarvis was fouled by the keeper but elected not to fall down to try and get a penalty, instead just failing to reach the ball six yards out. The visitors came more into the game towards the break, urged on by their manager, whose constant criticism of the ref grated somewhat. Several yellow cards, some for dissent - the assessor was there!
Hamble started the second half well but again two Moneyfields long balls nearly brought a breakthrough, one was foiled by a late tackle by the defender, the ref surprisingly giving it the other way, and with the other, the forward was again forced out wide by the excellent keeper Webb and could only hit the post from a tight angle. Webb's opposite number, Hook, also excelled with a brilliant save, stretching to tip Musslewhite's header onto the post. A crucial flashpoint occured after 80 mins, when a defender was pushed by Moneyfields' no 10, Hutchings, into the keeper. Webb was not happy and a lot of pushing and shoving happened. In the end the ref issued yellows to all involved, unfortunately it was Hutchings' second yellow. We all expected the home team to shut up shop for a deserved draw but they went for it and two minutes from time they got a dodgy free-kick about 30 yards out. It was well taken, and a glancing header from Middleton (one of several ex-Fareham players on show) settled an entertaining game and preserved my long run without seeing a 0-0.
Moneyfields' ground has been described before - changing rooms, tea bar and stand (near the corner) are all on one side of the ground. On the other side is a hedge with their second pitch (I've seen a game on that too) behind. The railway runs behind one end. A myriad of terraced streets lead to the ground.
A BLACKboard was next to the entrance with details of teams.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Jan 28, 2012, 9:27 PM)

Slumming It
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 28, 2012, 6:35 PM

Team(s): Leeds United, Rawmarsh Welfare (RIP)

Post #11 of 143 (7238 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dulwich Hamlet 0 v 1 Godalming Town, Rymans South att 391.

Nice ground, interesting eceletic crowd, average game.

More sometime on the first blog below.

Bielsa ringing...

Leeds games are my priority but will go anywhere to not be home on a Saturday (Jeff Stelling or the BT version drive me out not my wife and kids).

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Jan 28, 2012, 6:45 PM

Post #12 of 143 (7215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Slumming It] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Evo-stik Northern Premier
Rushall Olympic 3 Buxton 1
Admission £4 concession, Programme £2 (108pp, excellent production, puts most other clubs locally to shame)
Attendance – 238 (league website)

A workmanlike win for the Pics, although Buxton pushed them all the way. Slightly frenetic game, with the ball often in the air, resulting in more than a few stoppages for head injuries. Rushall’s first goal on 23m was a peach of a direct free kick from wide, just outside the edge of the area that flew into the far corner. Their second, on the stroke of half-time, saw Bottomer round the defence on the left wing, dribble the ball along the byeline unchallenged, and slip it past the keeper.

Buxton pulled a goal back on 66m when two players went up with Pics keeper Gemmell to challenge for a high ball into the 6 yard box, and Wilde was adjudged to have got the touch which put the ball in the net. Rushall then brought on Obeng whose speed immediately gave the Buxton defence problems, and it was Obeng who scored the final goal in bizarre fashion, after 78m, to seal the win. He took the ball through, shot as a defender threw himself across his path – the ball hit the defender, looped up, a second defender tried to head the ball away but only succeeded in heading it back to Obeng who in turn had the easy task of heading it into the net from close range. The game finished with a midfield bout of handbags and a flurry of bookings.

Entertaining match on a chilly afternoon; with more luck, Buxton might have earned themselves a point out of this one – they did have what I thought was a cast-iron penalty turned down when the score was 2-1, and had that been given, who knows, it might well have turned the game in their favour.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 28, 2012, 7:14 PM

Post #13 of 143 (7162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or

COVENTRY SPARTANS (0) 1
Chelmsley Tn (1) 1

Mid Comb Two

Att 18 (inc 6 travellers)

Prog £1

Ground covered before so won't bore you with a description. Tidy up job, done pitch in complex but not this one. Good off the field facilites.

Home side deserved at least a draw. Only goal of the game came near the end of the 1st half through a penalty.

Nice easy trip taking only an hour each way despite various roadworks along the route.

(This post was edited by acmold on Jan 28, 2012, 7:15 PM)

Trevor P
First Team Star

Jan 28, 2012, 7:35 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #14 of 143 (7117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

AXMOUTH UNITED 6
Dunkeswell Rovers 2
Devon & Exeter League, Division Five
Att : 15
The Boshill Cross Ground, Musbury Road (A358)
Admission : Free. Programme : No. Coffee : £1.00. Sausages & chips also available for £3.00

It was 6th against 12th in a 13 club division and Axmouth had a very comfortable win against visitors whose keeper must spend hours practising dives after the ball has gone into the net. I don't think I've ever come across such a consistent performance. In addition, the defence was probably the poorest I've seen this season and with sharper finishing Axmouth could have had double figures. I think it's fair to say that Dunkeswell have problems!

1-0 Shot from right which went under the keeper's mistimed dive (9)
2-0 Same again! (36)
2-1 Bobbling "shot" which deceived the keeper (51)
3-1 Defender kicked air instead of the ball and left an easy tap in (52)
4-1 Glancing header which somehow drifted between two defenders and the keeper (57)
4-2 Sharp shot from the right side of the area (81)
5-2 Good header from a left wing cross (89)
6-2 Chipped over the despairing keeper's head (90+2)

I remember Dave R was impressed with the set-up when he was here not long ago and so was I. A metal entrance gate leads almost directly off the road into the ground. As you enter, you see a smart club name board with match details chalked up and several advertising placards displayed. Immediately inside, on the left hand side, there's a long brick clubhouse which includes the dressing-rooms, a lounge bar (no real ale) and a kitchen selling hot food & drinks from an external hatch. Cover is provided by a supported roof overhang over part of the extensive concrete standing area in front of the building. Wooden table/benches are also positioned beneath the cover. The open pitch runs widthways in front of the clubhouse and quite close to it. Car-parking is possible behind the goal to the right of the entrance. Behind the far goal, there's a training area with lights. The ground is mainly bordered by hedges & small trees with fields and some woodland on the hill beyond the far side.

Shortly after I'd parked up, one of the home players drew up alongside me and after collecting his kit bag, donned a monstrously large orange wig. He turned out to be the goalie and he proceeded to wear this up to and including the pre-match kick-in. Must have been a penance of some sort! If Dunkeswell operated a similar scheme, I wonder what their keeper might take with him onto the field. A trampoline, perhaps?

So, an entertaining afternoon at a friendly club and plenty of humour about as well. Recommended!

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 28, 2012, 7:39 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #15 of 143 (7106 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

BLUNDELL PARK
GRIMSBY TOWN 2 AFC TELFORD UTD 0
BSB DIV 3

Admission by advance purchase ticket £16 (decided to do this after an improvement in the weather forecast overnight and option to pay by PayPal which is a lot more convenient, its £18 on the day)
Programme £3 (a little SQUARE book)
Tea £1.50

Proper old fashioned league ground with foreboding look and unusual stands.
Shame about the poor view from the away section!
And a shame about the result as we outplayed them for most of the game.
No coincidence they scored after our player SALMON was substituted as I know they prefer haddock in these parts! Laugh

634 GROUNDS - Punjab United (61/92)
580 WETHERSPOONS - Wallasey
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

(This post was edited by LondonBuck on Jan 28, 2012, 7:47 PM)

DanBlazey
Reserve Team Star

Jan 28, 2012, 7:45 PM

Team(s): St Blazey, Bradford (Park Avenue)

Post #16 of 143 (7093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SWPL Premier: St Blazey 0-1 Elburton Villa

Est Crowd: 75

Probably back to groundhopping next week as this was another thoroughly depressing afternoon at Blaise Park. HOWEVER, news of big money signings on the way give us fans hope that step 6 football will continue to be on offer in St Blazey next season,

Could be too little too late, but you never know,

Total grounds visited: 285
(New this season: 22)
Last new ground: AFC Bodmin (Dragon Leisure Centre), 15/03/2014
Games this season: 24
Duchy 2: AFC Bodmin 1-2 Holywell/Cubert Athletic, 15/03/2014

Bluehopper
Junior Team Regular

Jan 28, 2012, 7:46 PM

Team(s): Everton

Post #17 of 143 (7088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scottish Div 3

Alloa Athletic 2-0 Montrose

Admission: £12 Prog: £1.50 Att: 508

Decent enough game in freezing conditions. Alloa showed flashes of why they are league leaders but only won the game with three minutes to go with two well taken goals.

Also of note whilst I didn't have anything myself was the better than average range of food available.

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 28, 2012, 7:50 PM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #18 of 143 (7075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Essex Senior League
Southend Manor 0(0)-(1)1 Witham Town
Southchurch Park Arena, Northumberland Crescent, Southend-on-Sea, Essex
Attendance: 106 (presumably counting 22 players and dugout?)
Admission: £6. Didn't purchase programme

A much anticipated affair between the top two in the division, on a cold day with a few unpleasant heavy blustery showers. Southend Manor were top going into this one, but promotion chasing Witham were just three points behind with a game in hand and a vastly superior goal difference, so a win here would have taken them top outright. With these two sides netting 109 goals between them in 43 combined games, one might have expected (except me) there would be lots of goals, but the potent Manor pair of Wilf Msika and Gary Paterson were only on the bench having been out for a few weeks with injuries, whilst only Rob Whitnell started for the visitors with Billy Hunt nowhere to be seen. A decent attendance for this one, though not as many as the official number suggested, with a good amount of support travelling down from mid-Essex to be at this tussle.

Very little happened during the first quarter of the game, apart from Witham keeper Danny Sambridge just getting to a ball he had spilled, and at the other end a shot just wide following a good run from Sammy Taylor, who had an excellent afternoon down the channels. Witham seemed to have most of the possession, but could do little with it, and were lucky on 25 minutes when a ball into the box was just in front of Tom Hollingsworth in the six yard box.
The deciding factor of the game occured five minutes before half time, when Manor players got in a tangle trying to clear a ball into the box, and in the process brought down a Witham player in the box for a certain penalty. Up stepped Whitnell to fire beyond Adam Seal into the top corner and put the away side ahead. It was nearly two just before half time when Seb Murfett's good ball into the box was punched against his own defender by Seal, but luckily he stopped it going in. Plenty for the Manor boys to think about at the break.

Second half, and Manor - with Msika now on - began with a much better tempo, and nearly equalised five minutes in when Hollingsworth got between two defenders running into the box, but shot wide when well placed. On 57 minutes though, it was almost game over when a good ball in from Taylor fell to a Witham lad, who dithered before shooting, and it was cleared off the line and eventually hacked to safety. Manor kept on pressing, and just after the hour mark a shot from distance was pushed round the post by Sambridge.
Soon though, the Manor threat was dissipating as poor service from defence and midfield deprived their strikeforce of any opportunities, even when Paterson was thrown on. The visitors were close to doubling their lead again, when a cross was fired narrowly wide, and into the closing minutes were close again when an apparent cross-cum-shot went across goal and just in front of a Witham player. Manor's only real effort in the final quarter came a minute from time, when a shot inside the box was deflected just over the bar, but on the whole, Witham comfortably saw things out, and were jubilant at the final whistle to inflict only Manor's second defeat of the season.

An uninspiring game, but a priceless win for Witham who now go top on goal difference with a game in hand, and deservedly so against a rather disappointing Manor, with Witham also boosted by Enfield 1893 only drawing at Haringey & Waltham. I think if Witham win the reverse fixture between these two in ten days' time, I think Spa Road will be able to welcome Ryman League football once again next season after a three year absence, and give LondonBuck one less thing to moan about. Tongue

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

(This post was edited by Runwell on Jan 28, 2012, 7:51 PM)

hotchkiss
First Team Sub

Jan 28, 2012, 8:16 PM

Team(s): wolves,non league

Post #19 of 143 (6989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

GUILDFORD CITY [1] 1 WEMBLEY [1] 2 Combined Counties League. Admission £6 / £3.Programme £1.50. Attendance 80 [Approx]. Guildford started well and scored after 2 minutes and looked like the top of the table team.Wembley fought back and scored a good goal from well outside the area.Plenty of chances but no more goals till 10 minutes from the end when Wembley broke away to net the winning goal.Guildford had only lost one league game before today but the heroe was the Wembley goalie who despite being injured and unable to kick the ball some how kept City out.The referee booked several players mostly Guildford players for discent and the game did'nt finish till 5.00pm.The ground is part of the Spectrum Leisure centre and the pitch is surrounded by a 8 lane running track.There is a covered stand with about 250 seats and open terrace on both sides of the stand.Behind one goal is a steep grass bank this is by the new turnstile block.

(This post was edited by hotchkiss on Jan 28, 2012, 8:18 PM)

villan
First Team Star

Jan 28, 2012, 8:18 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #20 of 143 (6986 views)
Shortcut

My first game since Jan 2nd thanks to whatever bug i contracted & decided to venture to

UCL DIV 1 top of table clash
HARBOROUGH TOWN 1 RUSHDEN & HIGHAM UTD 0 ATT H/C 48 ADM £3/£2 prog £1 - very poor

It may be because of having seen little footie in 2012 but i enjoyed this end to end game which was quite feisty at times although actual goal attempts not plentiful. A draw may have been deserved by visitors. Game won by 47th minute penalty correctly given when defender stupidly tugged back attacker who seemed to be moving wide of goal anyway!!! R& H will struggle to make top 2 now & hosts entertain their closest rivals Hoddesdon next week not that you would get any of this info from programme.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20.

jimmyjazz
Chelsea Transfer Target

Team(s):

Post #21 of 143 (6985 views)
Shortcut

14:00 at Shefford Memorial Hall
Bedfordshire County League Division 4
Adm. /Prog. / Extras None
Att. 10

Shefford Town & Campton 'A' 0-3 Marsh Leys

Having done the first team last season at Campton the only current opportunity to tick off this venue in Shefford is through watching the third 'A' XI. With Shefford planning to move to a new venue this may never host proper first team football.

Lovely sedate setting for watching football and both sides belied their bottom division status with some skillful entertaining football. The home side squandered their chances, Marsh Leys in their glaring Watford style kit took theirs.

jimmyb
Reserve Team Regular

Team(s): Lochgelly Albert, Bath City, Odd Down

Post #22 of 143 (6985 views)
Shortcut

SPARTANS 3 DUNS 0
KING CUP 1ST ROUND @ AINSLIE PARK, EDINBURGH

ADM- £5
PROGS- YES £1.50
ATT- APPROX 150

With Lochgelly's match v Jeanfield falling victim to the weather it was a bit of a scramble to find a match still on. A last minute decision to get the train over to Edinburgh would leave just enough time to get a taxi to the ground (£10.25 ouch!)
Got there and just got through turnstile as match kicked off. Raised grass banking around 3 sides off the pitch but these areas were out of use today due to reseeding of the banking so opted for a seat in the stand. No one allowed to stand in front in area of the stand so it was good to get a clear view of proceedings.

Pretty much one way traffic towards the Duns goal throughout the match but Spartans final ball into the box was often wasteful and the Duns keeper kept the score respectable with some good saves. Left back Hoskins was a hat trick hero for the home side with goals in 21 mins + 2 second half penalties in 61 + 78 mins (both needlessly given away).
After the game it was short walk round to the bus stop outside Morrisons to catch the number 27 bus back to the station.

andysanktpauli
Reserve Team Sub

Jan 28, 2012, 8:19 PM

Team(s): Ramsgate,FC St Pauli,Tranmere Rovers

Post #23 of 143 (6981 views)
Shortcut

Kent County League,Division 2 West

Bexley 3 Dulwich Village 2

Att 5

Bexley came back from behind to seal the win against a Dulwich
side who looked dangerous counter-attacking but with no end product.

Dulwich scored after 5,but Bexley goals on 35,55 & 60 gave them a lead that
they scarcely deserved,Dulwich pulled a scrappy one back on 87 before
nearly 10mins of added-on time.

St Marys Recreation ground is at it says,egg-chasing on the adjacent pitch
with a constant drone of traffic from the Rochester Way.

Grounds Visited; 977

Last ground, Peckham Town, Menace Arena
Peckham Town 3 Metrogas 0

Matthew Carroll
Ballboy/girl

Jan 28, 2012, 8:45 PM

Post #24 of 143 (6903 views)
Shortcut

STL Northern League Division 2
Full time score Seaham Red Star 2-1 Thornaby FC

Thornaby FC travelled to Seaham Park looking to get some confindence back into our performances. Thornaby had the ball in the back of the net with a few minutes gone but the goal was ruled out for an infringement. Seaham had there first chance of the game when a cross was played in and Danny Corbett headed over and the hosts also had the next when a cross was played in and no one could get a touch on. The hosts continued to have shots at the visitors goal with the first effort went past the post and just a few minutes later Michael Chapman played a ball across goal which no one again could get a touch. Seaham opened the scoring when Kevin Gordon hit a shot on the half volley which went into the top corner with 42 minutes gone. Thornaby had the last chance in the first half when Greame Baverstock hit a shot which was saved by Ruan Graham in the Seaham goal

Hall time Seaham Red Star 1-0 Thornaby FC

The visitors levelled just after half time when a first shot was saved by Graham in the Thornaby goal but Marcus Laing tapped home the rebound to make it 1 each.Thornaby had the next chance when Darren Morton hit a shot which went wide and the visitors then had the next chance when Marcus Laing hit a shot which Graham saved well in the Seaham goal. Seaham then had the next chance in the game when the Thornay keeper coming out of his goal and got contact on the ball but was scrambling to get back to his goal with a Seaham player hitting a shot which just went wide. Seaham then scored on 87 minutes when Thornaby went on the attack and lost the ball and Kevin Gordon got the ball and outmuscled Ste Hodgson and he squared the ball to Michael Chapman to tap home.Thornaby then had a penna appeal turned down when Darren Morton hit a shot which was blocked by a defender with a couple of Thornaby players think it hit his hand.

Well i thought that we were poor in the first half but we were miles better and were the better team in the second half and i think that we deserved a point out of the game but Seaham scored a late winner so it proves that you have to take your chances when you get them.

Thornaby FC Team

1.Dean O'Rourke
2. Mark Lilley
3. Ian Clark
4. Neil Wilkinson
5. Ste Hodgson
6. Darren Morton
7. Matthew Garbutt
8. Marcus Laing
9. Greame Baverstock
10.Craig Skelton
11. Martin O'Riordan

Sub used
12. Paul Thorns

Subs Unused
14.Lewis Hopson
15.David Turner
16. Chairlie Raby
17. Neil Radigan

Man of the match Ian Clark

Loiner
First Team Star

Jan 28, 2012, 8:50 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #25 of 143 (6891 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andysanktpauli] Sat 28th Jan 2012 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lincolnshire League (2pm).

Swineshead Institute (0) 2 v Ruston Sports (1) 1

No admin./prog. Attendance c25 (3 hoppers, Gordon and myself plus Michelle)
Tea bar in clubhouse.
Pitch barriered on nearside with rest roped.

Ruston went in front on 27 mins. when the home 'keeper could not control a pass and lost the ball to the attacker. Swineshead tried hard and were eventually rewarded on 81 mins when the visiting No 5 turned the ball in to his own goal. The winner came four minutes later from a flowing move.
Completed the league for first teams with this one!
Visited a couple of pubs in the Village Centre (not far from the ground). The Pig & Whistle had Newmans as the guest and the Wheatsheaf Hotel had 8 Sails bitter from nearby Heckington. A local said that there used to be over twenty in the village years ago.

(This post was edited by Loiner on Jan 28, 2012, 8:52 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3