Burglary

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

timmy tabby
First Team Star

Jan 27, 2012, 4:37 AM

Post #1 of 37 (3447 views)
Shortcut
Burglary Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just a timely reminder for all that the crime of burglary is once again on the increase and earlier on today, Tabby Towers suffered an unwanted entry. The scrotes stole Mrs Tabby's brand new laptop, keys and my ever faithful rucksack.

In order to avoid the same fate happening to you just ensure that you take suitable precautions, double lock, mortice if available. Just make burglary a difficult crime to undertake.

Rucksack contained programmes from matches seen this week at Luton, Staines and Grays and hopefully I will be able to obtain replacements. If not PW was at Staines and several of the fraternity were at Grays and copies can be arranged without too much difficulty.

Also contained within rucksack was my team notebook for the season and 98 appallingly written match reports and I am well aware that they will not be seen again.

This is not a plea for sympathy or pity but if you do not want any items whether they are material or sentimental taken, do a security check at home and hopefully you will keep the scrotes out.

adji
Reserve Team Star

Jan 27, 2012, 11:46 AM

Team(s): Birmingham City ,Clevedon Town and whoever else i want to watch

Post #2 of 37 (3409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy tabby] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

sorry to hear this mate , pain in the backside .. last month i had the number plates ripped off my car , never to bee seen again except when stealing petrol etc.

Please feel free to visit my blog at http://adjithegroundhopper.wordpress.com/

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 27, 2012, 1:02 PM

Post #3 of 37 (3395 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear that Timmy. Unfortunately it seems to be the way things are these days not helped by crusty old twats in wigs who are more interested in shagging their philipino lady boys than dishing out meaningful sentences to people who, quite frankly are of no use to society and we'd be better off without.

We have all the necessary security to stop scum getting into our house including CCTV. But that didn't stop them breaking into our car last autumn and although they didn't get anything they broke into another seven in our street taking various items including the baby seat and blanket belonging to the young lady's kiddy opposite us.

They were caught a few days later after pulling the same stunt elsewhere in Clacton and were caught. It turns out they were living in one of the housing association flats literally yards from where our car was parked. They were apparently already awaiting trail for other crimes and are now in Chelmsford prison.

I know the more liberal types won't like reading this but it's about time we got serious with these scumbags and gave them long custodial sentences. What's that I hear the liberals cry? Overcrowding in prisons? Tough!! If they don't commit crime they wouldn't have to put up with it.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

richiejenn
First Team Star

Jan 27, 2012, 3:46 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 37 (3373 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to read about your bad luck Timmy. I bet they were hoping for a real find in your rucksack, unless it was a serious paper chaser who hasn't got one of this weeks programmes.
I hope they are caught before too long. Imagine the bad luck if they try and lift Runwells bag containing all his match reports this season....;-)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 27, 2012, 4:21 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #5 of 37 (3363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Imagine the bad luck if they try and lift Runwells bag containing all his match reports this season....;-)

Are they different then? I'd assumed it was the same text cut and pasted Cool

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Jan 27, 2012, 4:21 PM)

timmy tabby
First Team Star

Jan 27, 2012, 7:39 PM

Post #6 of 37 (3343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for all your kind words, the irony was that me, (the sometimes fierce) Mrs Tabby and my 25 year old stepson were all upstairs at the time of the crime.

Police, Insurance and locksmith have all been very efficient and the terms of our insurance mean that Mrs Tabby will receive a new new laptop on Tuesday to replace the old new laptop which had only been received forty eight hours before the burglary.

Mr Teapot
Youth Team Star

Jan 27, 2012, 8:37 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 37 (3330 views)
Shortcut

Really sorry to hear about your bad news.

Was burgled myself a good few years back and although not much was stolen - we disturbed them by returning home 'too early' - that sense of having your own personal space violated was the most unpleasant after-effect of the whole experience.

One good thing is that none of your family were physically attacked - you can replace possessions but not people.

The people who do these things are definitely not Kempsterites!

Hope the next couple of games you go to are absolute goal feasts.

UKPunk

Jan 27, 2012, 10:11 PM

Post #8 of 37 (3310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sorry to read about your bad luck Timmy. I bet they were hoping for a real find in your rucksack, unless it was a serious paper chaser who hasn't got one of this weeks programmes.
I hope they are caught before too long. Imagine the bad luck if they try and lift Runwells bag containing all his match reports this season....;-)

No, it would be his bad luck when they sue him for putting their backs out!! Unsure

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 9, 2012, 9:20 PM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #9 of 37 (3074 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The notes are actually not that detailed, and by their very nature, are sketchy. Silk purse and all that.

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident Tab. Glad you are all getting back on all four paws again.

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

Isaac

Feb 24, 2012, 3:28 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #10 of 37 (2800 views)
Shortcut

I don't know what sort of response you got from the police but some friends of ours were burgled the other day, only a few items were taken before they were disturbed by a neighbour and legged it, but the police didn't seem particularly interested.

By comaprison some deranged woman who lives up the road from us gets an instant police response when she calls to report the latest bout of (alleged) harrasment from her ex husband who actually seems a very nice bloke too me.

The police do sometimes seem too have a strange sense of prioritiesCrazy

garethwrexy

Feb 25, 2012, 7:28 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #11 of 37 (2738 views)
Shortcut

hope the bastards get caught and get some justice

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

jon b
First Team Star

Feb 27, 2012, 1:36 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #12 of 37 (2620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We were burgled one lunch time a few years ago when we went to visit my brother-in-law who was in hospital in the last stages of terminal illness.

The police (Derbyshire Constabulary) thought it likely that they saw us drive off. Plod actually seemed to take it all seriously and visited a couple of times. They told us that there had been a series of break-ins in our area from a "traveller" looking for portable valuable items such as jewelry.

The humiliating bit was that we didn't seem to be missing anything.

The police later told us that although they didn't have enough evidence to take him to court, there had been a rough sort of justice in that he'd ended up in the local Casualty Department after a falling out with some of his traveller "colleagues".

R.S.Cavendish
First Team Star

Feb 27, 2012, 9:04 PM

Post #13 of 37 (2583 views)
Shortcut

The important question, timmy tabby, is : Have you been able to replace the stolen programmes?

Fanatic
First Team Star

Feb 28, 2012, 11:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 37 (2515 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I don't know what sort of response you got from the police but some friends of ours were burgled the other day, only a few items were taken before they were disturbed by a neighbour and legged it, but the police didn't seem particularly interested.

By comaprison some deranged woman who lives up the road from us gets an instant police response when she calls to report the latest bout of (alleged) harrasment from her ex husband who actually seems a very nice bloke too me.

I would far rather the police prioritised protecting people from harassment over investigating burglaries. Or is having a few necklaces nicked more important than preventing someone from being stalked by their ex?

(This post was edited by Fanatic on Feb 28, 2012, 11:07 PM)

Isaac

Feb 29, 2012, 12:28 AM

Post #15 of 37 (2500 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This woman is a drama queen, her ex is a perfectly nice fella who wouldn't harm a fly, it's about time the police wised up and prosecuted her for wasting police time and got on with apprehending real villans!

UKPunk

Feb 29, 2012, 11:54 AM

Post #16 of 37 (2464 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
This woman is a drama queen, her ex is a perfectly nice fella who wouldn't harm a fly, it's about time the police wised up and prosecuted her for wasting police time and got on with apprehending real villans!

The thing is you never know what goes on behind closed doors. There are some really nasty people about who seem like genuinely nice individuals to everyone but the person on the receiving end of their abuse.

Isaac

Feb 29, 2012, 12:54 PM

Post #17 of 37 (2457 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

The thing is you never know what goes on behind closed doors. There are some really nasty people about who seem like genuinely nice individuals to everyone but the person on the receiving end of their abuse.

Fair point but I can safely say that is not the case in this instance and women who make such things up make it more difficult for genuine victims to get the service they should.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 29, 2012, 1:22 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #18 of 37 (2451 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Never heard of "street angel, house devil" ?

Sadly I have first hand experience but nobody outside our door had a bad word..............

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 29, 2012, 2:13 PM

Post #19 of 37 (2442 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I would far rather the police prioritised protecting people from harassment over investigating burglaries. Or is having a few necklaces nicked more important than preventing someone from being stalked by their ex?

Fanatic, if you had seen the state of my elderly but by no means enfeebled mother a few years ago when her bedroom was ransacked by a thief who calmly pushed past her as he left the house, you would make no distinction between the two types of crime. It's not the value of items stolen that matters (although these included engagement and wedding rings and anniversary gold watches) but the violation of one's home and privacy.

This was one of a number of similar incidents at the time across the area (west Oxfordshire, north Gloucestershire, south Warwickshire) and while the police took the matter seriously they never caught anyone in connection with it, although I think there were some arrests later for other similar crimes. The location was rural and rather isolated, factors which count against any witnessing of such acts. The criminals are usually based in bigger towns at least 15-20 miles away; for the area concerned typically Cheltenham, Gloucester, Oxford, Banbury, Leamington, Warwick and Stratford, though some are known to come out of Birmingham.

A couple of years later, my mother had to go into a nursing home and I had to put the house up for sale. Late one hot Friday afternoon, having just collected my car for the second time in three days from a garage which refused to accept that its incompetence during the previous visit had caused the total brake failure that could have cost me my life, I was not in the best of humour when the estate agents rang to tell me that the first viewing of the now empty house had to be cancelled when they found it had been broken into (I had removed all valuables by this time). I packed an overnight bag, drove over to Oxfordshire and secured the place, cancelling my plans for the next day when I called out glaziers and carpenters to fix the damage.

Burglars are verminous filth.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Feb 29, 2012, 6:06 PM

Team(s):

Post #20 of 37 (2411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Burglars are verminous filth.

Quite true (and I have experienced it first hand), but I still think the effect of being burgled pales into comparison by what may end up being done to a person being harassed. A relative of mine had their former partner turn up at their house brandishing an axe, which could have turned out very nasty indeed.

I think the only way the two can be equated is if the burglary happens whilst you're at home and you confront them.

garethwrexy

Feb 29, 2012, 6:07 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #21 of 37 (2409 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

in my view anyone who is a thief is scum !

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

UKPunk

Feb 29, 2012, 11:19 PM

Post #22 of 37 (2385 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Fair point but I can safely say that is not the case in this instance and women who make such things up make it more difficult for genuine victims to get the service they should.

You can't possibly know that unless you are in the house 24/7.

(This post was edited by UKPunk on Feb 29, 2012, 11:20 PM)

UKPunk

Feb 29, 2012, 11:24 PM

Post #23 of 37 (2383 views)
Shortcut

What makes my blood boil is the fact that money crimes (i.e. crimes against companies) usually carry heavier sentences than crimes against the person. That needs to change. So does the fact that criminals serve less than half their sentences. Mad

blucher blue
Youth Team Regular

Mar 1, 2012, 11:24 AM

Team(s): Stalybridge Celtic, Oldham A. Charlton

Post #24 of 37 (2356 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
What makes my blood boil is the fact that money crimes (i.e. crimes against companies) usually carry heavier sentences than crimes against the person. That needs to change. So does the fact that criminals serve less than half their sentences. Mad

I does me, too! But remember, the justice system as it is today has been set up to protect (middle class) property from the (working class) oiks.

Private property is theft!

dottirofhod

Mar 1, 2012, 11:34 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #25 of 37 (2349 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blucher blue] Burglary [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Private property is theft!

Read a bit of Proudhon do we ?

“Property” in this sense doesn’t refer to “personal property” – your clothes, your bike – which a person uses frequently. The property is theft type of property is your buy-to-let, landlordist, “location location location” type of property: the type of property, frequently housing, that is held by someone in order to stop someone else from using it (unless they pay you rent or some other condition).

'The right to private property is the origin of theft'.
Sad.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3