Canada v Stockton Rosegale N&SA
Lobster or Whitwick Compass 2008 v Lea Hall Sports & Social
Hetton Lyons Cricket Club v Kelloe WMC
Birstall Stamford v Salisbury Athletic or Oyster Martyrs
FC Tripimeni v Dee Road Rangers
Club Lewsey v Lakeside Athletic or Lebeqs Tavern Courage
Sungate v Comets Sports Club
Elm Farm or Branksome Con v Barnes Albion

(This post was edited by Yorks Amateur on Dec 12, 2011, 2:55 PM)

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 12, 2011, 3:56 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 64 (18067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The three regions of the last round become two for this one - North/South

Lea Hall & Birstall of the Midlands section go north whilst the other four go South

Barnes albion
Ballboy/girl

Dec 14, 2011, 9:12 AM

Post #3 of 64 (17991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi all,

A am a member of barnes Albion fc. I would like to give people more of an incite to what we are all about. I wont go into what standard people have played at or are playing at because if we are good enough as a team then this is irrelevant. For years we have been a club renound for there style of football and for a long time we were how arsenal are, play pretty but can't win ugly. We have adapted how we play and simply do not know when we are beaten. In the last round we had 10 men with 5 minutes to go and were 1-0 down. We then won a penalty and made it 1-1. With in 5 minutes of extra time we were down to 8 men. We ground out a result and really should have won te game convincingly even with the disadvantage of having 3 players sent off. We then scored every penalty to go through to the next round.

We are a team tht gets the same 12/13 players every single week. We are all friends and family and see eachother every day. The older players are best mates and have played together for 15+ years and the younger players have known eachother since nappy days.

We have won our league 3 consecutive years, the league cup for the last 3, the Middlesex cup. And the Surrey premier twice then the senior last year.

I think people need to keep an eye on us. We've lost 3 times in 3 years. Everybody has an off day but in the big games we usually perform.

If you thought bedfont had a chance then look at the last time they beat us cos I don't remember it.

Let me know if there's anything you wanna know.

ianh
First Team Star

Dec 14, 2011, 12:56 PM

Post #4 of 64 (17973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnes albion] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hi all,

A am a member of barnes Albion fc. I would like to give people more of an incite to what we are all about. I wont go into what standard people have played at or are playing at because if we are good enough as a team then this is irrelevant. For years we have been a club renound for there style of football and for a long time we were how arsenal are, play pretty but can't win ugly. We have adapted how we play and simply do not know when we are beaten. In the last round we had 10 men with 5 minutes to go and were 1-0 down. We then won a penalty and made it 1-1. With in 5 minutes of extra time we were down to 8 men. We ground out a result and really should have won te game convincingly even with the disadvantage of having 3 players sent off. We then scored every penalty to go through to the next round.

We are a team tht gets the same 12/13 players every single week. We are all friends and family and see eachother every day. The older players are best mates and have played together for 15+ years and the younger players have known eachother since nappy days.

We have won our league 3 consecutive years, the league cup for the last 3, the Middlesex cup. And the Surrey premier twice then the senior last year.

I think people need to keep an eye on us. We've lost 3 times in 3 years. Everybody has an off day but in the big games we usually perform.

If you thought bedfont had a chance then look at the last time they beat us cos I don't remember it.

Let me know if there's anything you wanna know.

Will definately keep an eye on you if you had 3 players sent off in one game Cool

Barnes albion
Ballboy/girl

Dec 14, 2011, 2:02 PM

Post #5 of 64 (17966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ianh] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We don't handle defeat to well. 1 was descent, straight red. The 2nd was 2 yellows (both 'deliberate' handball. And the 3rd was a strikers challenge 2nd yellow. The referee is the one who needs reviewing I'm afraid

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 14, 2011, 7:52 PM

Post #6 of 64 (17951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnes albion] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just one question - do you consider yourself Surrey FA or Middlesex FA? I know you enter both competitions but which county is your main affiliation with?

Barnes albion
Ballboy/girl

Dec 14, 2011, 8:26 PM

Post #7 of 64 (17947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Play in the west Middlesex Sunday football league. I think we consider out self to be a Middlesex team. We've only entered te Surrey for the past 3 years due to our success. We wanted a new challenge.

Isaac

Dec 14, 2011, 9:16 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #8 of 64 (17940 views)
Shortcut

Sounds from your comments like the red cards were justified?

I did think about going to that game but went to Sungate v Northampton DOY instead, just easier for me to get too.

Do you fancy your chances of going all the way in the Sunday Cup?

Barnes albion
Ballboy/girl

Dec 14, 2011, 9:22 PM

Post #9 of 64 (17937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ofcourse there are good teams in this cup but we have had the same team week in week out for 3 years and we work so hard for eachother. Ability wise I think we are good individually but excellent as a team. We know how to win big games. I hope this mentality and willingness to help your team mates out and our footballing ability will take is all the way.

AndyE
First Team Star

Dec 14, 2011, 11:05 PM

Team(s): Chatham Town

Post #10 of 64 (17924 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Canada v Stockton Rosegale N&SA

Now I know they aren't a leading football nation, but surely they're better than a Sunday team!

Does anyone know where Canada FC are from, and why they have that name? I shall be disappointed if they don't play in red and white.

Isaac

Dec 14, 2011, 11:19 PM

Post #11 of 64 (17921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They were formed by dockers at Liverpool Canada Dock.

I have to admit that I only know that because Andrew mentioned it on another thread.

Isaac

Dec 14, 2011, 11:23 PM

Post #12 of 64 (17919 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ofcourse there are good teams in this cup but we have had the same team week in week out for 3 years and we work so hard for eachother. Ability wise I think we are good individually but excellent as a team. We know how to win big games. I hope this mentality and willingness to help your team mates out and our footballing ability will take is all the way.

Best of luck to you, it's about time we had a London area club in the final!

John Treleven

Dec 15, 2011, 5:15 PM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 64 (17889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

First two of the venues confirmed for the 4th Round at 1p.m. on Sunday 22nd January

Canada [Liverpool] v Stockton Rosegale N. & S.A. [Durham] - Victoria Park, Burscough
Sungate [Essex] v Comets Sports Club [Herts] - Barking

John Treleven

Dec 19, 2011, 4:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 64 (17758 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by John Treleven [In reply to] or Reply Privately

John Treleven

Dec 20, 2011, 6:38 PM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 64 (17715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All 4 ties were postponed on Sunday and are now fixtured for 8th Jan

As three of them were second postponements those three ties venues have been reversed

Lobster [Liverpool] v Whitwick Compass 2008 [Leics & R.] - Heswall
P-P 11th & 18th Dec, now 8th Jan with venue reversed - now at Bardon Hill Sports

Salisbury Athletic [Liverpool] v Oyster Martyrs [Liverpool] - Tetley Sports Club, Warrington
P-P 11th & 18th Dec, now 8th Jan with venue reversed - now at Heswall (where Lobster had been due to play originally)

Lakeside Athletic [Devon] v Lebeqs Tavern Courage [Gloucs] - Plymouth Parkway
P-P 11th & 18th Dec, now 8th Jan with venue reversed - now at Bristol Manor Farm

Elm Farm [Berks & B.] v Branksome Con. [Dorset] - Aylesbury 2-1 (abandoned 51 minutes - serious injury)
P-P 18th Dec, now 8th Jan
(still at Aylesbury)

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 22, 2011, 8:05 PM

Post #16 of 64 (17595 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Best of luck to you, it's about time we had a London area club in the final!

Barnes Albion, welcome to the forum. Pleasure to have you here. We have been having a lot of discussions about the best London/SE area Sunday teams in this competition and Barnes Albion has been mentioned a few times. I would love to get your thoughts on the following:

*How do you rate the team you beat in the previous round Wrightchoice CSA? They play in the same league as Dee Road Rangers (a team that annihilated one of the favourtires Hazelhurst 5-0 in what was one of the shocks of the previous round)

*I hear that many of your players play for Harefield United in the SSML (step 5). True?

*Have you guys ever thought about entering London FA County Cups as a new challenge? I think your presence would definitely spice up the competition as recent London county cups have been dominated by the same few teams (New Salamis, Baldon Sports).

Barnes albion
Ballboy/girl

Dec 22, 2011, 9:00 PM

Post #17 of 64 (17582 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks

CSA weren't s bad side. I'm not going to make loads of excuses. It was a seriously bad day at the office. Players not there etc. They surprised by playing good football and we have taken something out of that game. We've always had a you score 4 we score I've attitude but wrightchoice went 1-0 through a great strike then they played keep ball. The team we played in the previous 2 Rounds were more suited to our style but they were just as good.

As a club we've been content in with winning the league and county cups be weve been going on about national cup for 2 seasons now. If I'm honest we may have entered it to late. We have alot of youth in our team as the older players are at the latter end of there career.

Alot of our players are actually at hillingdon borough which is in harefields league. This is due to a close friend being manager. Also have players at Harrow borough and one that just regents from pro in Finland.

On our day we can beat anyone. We just keep going an really don't know when were beat how ever cliche that is x

royals26

Dec 30, 2011, 11:47 AM

Team(s): Reading

Post #18 of 64 (17116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevegraze] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

*How do you rate the team you beat in the previous round Wrightchoice CSA? They play in the same league as Dee Road Rangers (a team that annihilated one of the favourtires Hazelhurst 5-0 in what was one of the shocks of the previous round)

Dee Road are of course from round here - as were CSA Wrightchoice - most of these two club's players are from the RSFL and some probably even the Hellenic - a certain Ray 'Razor' Spence is up front for Dee Rd - currently attached to STEP04 Hungerford Town.

- he's a local 'celeb' of sorts, though must be said not always for the right reasons. Shocked Has done the rounds of many a local NL side at quite a high level too (RTFC, Farnborough, Hartley Wintney and I think Didcot, Basingstoke etc etc) - on his day is unplayable and really worth watching - but has been known to have a (very) short fuse and defenders often use that against him.

I think Dee Rd have a few other players in their squad with Hellenic / CCL experience.

QUERY Dee Rd have been drawn away at FC Tripimeni in the next round due 22nd Jan. They are a London Cypriot side who play in the K.O.P.A. league; normally based at Whittington Pk N19 - any ideas yet where they might play the Cup tie - Haringey Borough perhaps? I'd guess that's the nearest senior Pyramid ground in that bit of London?

dottirofhod

Dec 30, 2011, 11:58 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #19 of 64 (17113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
QUERY Dee Rd have been drawn away at FC Tripimeni in the next round due 22nd Jan. They are a London Cypriot side who play in the K.O.P.A. league; normally based at Whittington Pk N19 - any ideas yet where they might play the Cup tie - Haringey Borough perhaps? I'd guess that's the nearest senior Pyramid ground in that bit of London?

Broxbourne Borough according to the F A Sunday Cup fixtures .

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 273 /231 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 15 / 06 / 2019.
0-0's are standing at 18.
Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0-0). Lux = 0-0. Neth-= 0-0-0-(0 - 0).
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

royals26

Dec 30, 2011, 12:39 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #20 of 64 (17105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

T'anks ... must have been a recent update - couldn't see 'owt when I looked earlier in the week - then again they plus signs in boxes wouldn't open from the iPod - is OK on the Desktop.

Nice of them to hold it outside the M25 too. Cool

... bonus for my mate should I decide to take him - he's not been to Goffs Lane.

(This post was edited by royals26 on Dec 30, 2011, 12:43 PM)

John Treleven

Dec 31, 2011, 5:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 64 (16940 views)
Shortcut

All the clear cut fixtures now have venues

Fourth Round
(1p.m. Sunday 22nd January unless stated otherwise)

NORTH
Canada [Liverpool] v Stockton Rosegale N. & S.A. [Durham] - Victoria Park, Burscough
Lobster [Liverpool] or Whitwick Compass 2008 [Leics & R.] v Lea Hall Sports & Social [Birmingham]
Hetton Lyons Cricket Club [Durham] v Kelloe Working Mens Club [Durham] - Spennymoor Town
Birstall Stamford [Leics & R.] v Salisbury Athletic [Liverpool] or Oyster Martyrs [Liverpool]
SOUTH
F.C. Tripimeni [London] v Dee Road Rangers [Berks & B.] - Broxbourne Borough
Club Lewsey [Beds] v Lakeside Athletic [Devon] or Lebeqs Tavern Courage [Gloucs]
Sungate [Essex] v Comets Sports Club [Herts] - Barking
Elm Farm [Berks & B.] or Branksome Con. [Dorset] v Barnes Albion [Middlesex]

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 4, 2012, 1:49 AM

Post #22 of 64 (16669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Royals26, I hear Dee Road Rangers are somewhat of a "bad boy" team. They have players with big talent, but short fuses. 3 of their players were banned for life by the Reading Sunday League for indiscipline/ref abuse (including the Assistant Manager of Reading Town - who is an ex pro).

They also had an abandoned match against their local rivals Wrightchoice CSA, when the ref walked off the pitch and called off the game after it got violent. Tripimeni will have their hands full.

Mishi

Jan 4, 2012, 11:10 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #23 of 64 (16639 views)
Shortcut

That description might not please the Respect/Fair play merchants, but it sounds like a cracking advert for the game, if you're a neutral! ;-)

Grounds visited: 735
Last new ground: Biggleswade Town FC; Langford Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. (Evo-Stik League South Premier Division Central)
Last game: Sunday 27th January 2019: Crystal Palace 0, Durham 2. [FA Women's Super League 2]
Matches watched this season: 115
2017/18-New English grounds: 12; & foreign: 2

Barnes albion
Ballboy/girl

Jan 4, 2012, 11:26 AM

Post #24 of 64 (16635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] FA Sunday Cup - 4th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I hope they get through. They are obviously rated quite highly. This barnes team wants to be the bet by beating the best. We're full of experience and players that will rattle this red mist team. Bring it on.

stevegraze
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 4, 2012, 8:52 PM

Post #25 of 64 (16585 views)
Shortcut

Barnes Albion, if you guys want to beat the best - you will have your hands full when the tournament goes national and you have to face the northern giants like Hetton Lyons and Oyster Martyrs.

All the London area teams have really tough matches. I fear for Tripimeni against Dee Road Rangers (a team that is both talented AND hot-headed). Sungate also have a very tough game against the excellent Comet Sports (perhaps the best Sunday team in Herts). While Barnes Albion might play Elm Farm - who already knocked out London side Greengate FC (who play in the same league as Sungate).

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3