INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
An idiot seeking guidance

Andrelux
First Team Regular

Oct 31, 2011, 5:57 PM

Team(s): Brentford (for my sins - obviously done something really bad in a past life

Post #1 of 4 (2296 views)
Shortcut
An idiot seeking guidance Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can anyone explain, in layman's language, how you put those pins on maps? Wonderful, but whenever I look for instructions, my head explodes. Also, does it only work for UK maps? Probably not, but idiot is as idiot does.

Any explanation limited to words of fewer than three syllables, and which does not require me to download stuff of the internet (the bloody thing seems to spend half its time doing that anyway, without my say so, Then it suddenly reboots without so much as a by your leave).

Bonus points if I'm not asked which sub-version of windows I'm running (I don't know, it's the one that came with the PC, apart from the regular unasked-for downloads referred to above.

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 31, 2011, 9:25 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andrelux] An idiot seeking guidance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

André I set up the SAL club map using Google Maps (see www.southernamteurleague.co.uk/ClubsDirectory.asp).

To do that you need to create a Google login then go to Google Maps and login. You then get the option on the left of 'My Places' and you can create a map. Once you've created it you search for places and, clicking the pin, choose 'Save to map' and it will give you an option of maps to choose from (which will be 1 if you've only created 1).

Happy to show you on the 5th if you need :)

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 31, 2011, 9:56 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #3 of 4 (2264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] An idiot seeking guidance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The long way round is ok if you're only doing a few divisions once a year or so but any idea about regular heavy use, i.e. importing data from .xls .csv files to google maps.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Nov 2, 2011, 8:33 AM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #4 of 4 (2182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] An idiot seeking guidance [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Even I can use Google maps, so should be good for you!

Professional cretin.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3