dont know if anyone seen but

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 3, 2011, 9:58 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #1 of 13 (3212 views)
Shortcut
dont know if anyone seen but Can't Post or Reply Privately

Amanda knox cleared of murder, and apprently us press flying her home !

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

PaulC

Oct 3, 2011, 10:13 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #2 of 13 (3207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] dont know if anyone seen but [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You mean you haven't seen this!

The Daily Wail has now removed the article but it is safely on my hard drive.

Guilty: Amanda Knox looks stunned as appeal against murder conviction is rejected

By Nick Pisa

Last updated at 8:50 PM on 3rd October 2011

Amanda Knox looked stunned this evening after she dramatically lost her prison appeal against her murder conviction.

Knox, 24, and her family had high hopes that she would be freed and allowed to return home after spending the last four years behind bars for the killing of Meredith Kercher in Perugia, Italy, in 2007.
In December 2009 she had been sentenced to 26 years and last night the judge and jury agreed with prosecutors that she should remain in prison as they accepted that she had brutally murdered student Meredith......

The 21-year-old was found semi naked in a pool of blood with her throat slashed in her bedroom of the house she shared with American Knox and two Italian women.
Judge Claudio Pratillo Hellman also ruled that Raffaele Sollecito, 27, Knox's former boyfriend, should remain in jail and confirmed the original 25-year sentence on the computer studies graduate.
As Knox realized the enormity of what judge Hellman was saying she sank into her chair sobbing uncontrollably while her family and friends hugged each other in tears.
A few feet away Meredith's mother Arline, her sister Stephanie and brother Lyle, who had flown in especially for the verdict remained expressionless, staring straight ahead, glancing over just once at the distraught Knox family.
Prosecutors were delighted with the verdict and said that 'justice has been done' although they said on a 'human factor it was sad two young people would be spending years in jail'.
Both Knox and Sollecito who have always denied any involvement in the brutal murder - said they would take the case to the third and final level of appeal at the Supreme Court in Rome where it will probably be heard late next year.

chef66
Youth Team Star

Oct 3, 2011, 10:37 PM

Post #3 of 13 (3197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] dont know if anyone seen but [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I feel very sorry for the Kercher's but the conviction in the first place was one of the greatest miscarriages of justice I have ever seen. No murder weapon, no motive, no witnesses, no DNA, a discredited chief prosecutor, and a drug abusing chief witness, who has been a chief witness in 3 murders. The contamination of the murder scene was very apparent pretty much from the start of the first trial. I am not sure how many people have followed this case closely but it is beyond me how anyone thinks this couple are guilty. And all along someone rightly convicted who had his DNA all over the crime scene!

PaulC

Oct 3, 2011, 10:40 PM

Post #4 of 13 (3194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chef66] dont know if anyone seen but [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Where do you think they were at the time of the murder?

chef66
Youth Team Star

Oct 3, 2011, 10:43 PM

Post #5 of 13 (3193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] dont know if anyone seen but [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At Rafaelle's flat

PaulC

Oct 3, 2011, 10:56 PM

Post #6 of 13 (3186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chef66] dont know if anyone seen but [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hmm

"She claimed she spent the evening with him, smoking marijuana, watching the French film Amelie and making love. But Sollecito told police he could not remember if Knox was with him that evening or not. "

"Sollecito claimed he used his computer to download and watch cartoons and Amelie. But computer experts told the court that there was no activity on his laptop between 9.10pm on Nov 1, and 5.32am the next morning the time frame in which the murder took place. "

"Knox and Sollecito turned off their mobile phones on the night of the murder, from around 8.40pm, and turned them back on at around 6am, "

chef66
Youth Team Star

Oct 3, 2011, 11:04 PM

Post #7 of 13 (3180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] dont know if anyone seen but [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I accept that there are some aspect of the cases that are unexplained, such as your quotes, the false confession, and the Lumumba angle.....but surely if you have been taking part in a gruesome murder your DNA is all over the scene. I think AK/RS panicked when they knew they were being linked with the murder. The more I have followed it the more I was staggered that they were even charged!

PaulC

Oct 3, 2011, 11:13 PM

Post #8 of 13 (3177 views)
Shortcut

They probably didn't wield the murder weapon but the evidence certainly suggests they were present and then tried to cover this up. Now whether or not they were part of a common plot to kill the girl is unclear.

I dare say the murder acquittal based on the lack of evidence is reasonable but I think it's a situation where the Scottish verdict of 'not proven' rather than 'not guilty' would be more appropriate.

chef66
Youth Team Star

Oct 3, 2011, 11:22 PM

Post #9 of 13 (3175 views)
Shortcut

I must admit I have not seen any evidence that suggests they were there? I dare say that RS would probably be looking to take his new girlfriend to his own flat where he lives on his own, rather than AK's place that she shared with 3 other girls!!!! I really stuggle to see how people even think these people were involved. For me it seems that the chief prosecutor had a theory and managed to convince the jury, who had bought the scandalous misrepresentation of AK by the media.

PaulC

Oct 3, 2011, 11:36 PM

Post #10 of 13 (3171 views)
Shortcut

Yet he couldn't remember if Amanda Knox had been with him at his flat that night.

I'm sure most of us would have remembered.

Here's the Daily Mail report by the way

http://twitpic.com/6uq1b1

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Oct 4, 2011, 3:28 PM

Post #11 of 13 (3110 views)
Shortcut

http://politicalscrapbook.net/...ds/2011/10/mailfail/

Go down to the 8th picture and read the caption.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

VP

Oct 4, 2011, 8:11 PM

Post #12 of 13 (3075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Garrincha's dog] dont know if anyone seen but [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Mail are still lying!

They claim the article was only on their website for 90 seconds. It was uploaded at 8.50pm and still on there after 10pm according to some people.
332 people managed to 'like' the article on the Facebook link before it was removed. I know the Mail has a lot of readers but that many likes in only 90 seconds? Nah!

And don't forget, The Sun, Guardian and Sky News also reported the wrong verdict for a while. They're all as bad as each other in my opinion.

(This post was edited by VP on Oct 4, 2011, 8:17 PM)

garethwrexy

Oct 4, 2011, 8:33 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #13 of 13 (3069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] dont know if anyone seen but [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

with what i have read about the case and seen on telly, reckon she is not guilty but thats just my view at the end of the day.

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3