Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Sep 23, 2011, 9:10 AM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #1 of 3 (18691 views)
Shortcut
WSL - prom/rel. how? Can't Post or Reply Privately

What I think I now:

WSL opperates a summer season while the rest play over the winter.

No relegation (in season 1 at least) from WSL.

What I now I dont now:

Is promotion to WSL by league placing or by election or are their no currant arangments?

If team relegated from WSL does it go strait too national league without pause (as WSL season 1 overlaped a bit with this NL season) or are the season dates going too be separated more in future? Same question really with promotion too WSL.

What are expected plans for finished sizes of WSL $ NL divisions?

Will NLs shift too summer season to?

Any other interesting/useful information???

Professional cretin.

zebedee
First Team Star

Sep 24, 2011, 12:15 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #2 of 3 (18643 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] WSL - prom/rel. how? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For the time being there is no promotion and relegation, with the current eight clubs having licenses for 2011 and 2012. The original plans (not sure if still current) are to expand the league to 12 clubs over a few years. Any promotion from the NL would not be based entirely (if at all) on league position, with financial stability and business plans being more important. I'd guess that any team gaining promotion to the WSL would probably sit out for almost a year, much as the founder members did between the end of 2009-10 NL season and the 2011 WSL.

FA Brochure from the WSL launch
http://www.thefa.com/...EDD25A786F.ashx?dl=1

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 26, 2011, 10:41 PM

Post #3 of 3 (18548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] WSL - prom/rel. how? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is true although I suspect they might manage to play overlapping seasons, so finishing (for example) 2011-12 and heading straight into 2012.

It's an interesting question though - can't see how the rest of the leagues will switch. It'll take much more than switching the game in Ireland, for example, where the clubs tend either to own their grounds or be the primary tenant.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3