Wakefield & District League 2011-12

boyspen
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 16, 2011, 10:13 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 7 (4330 views)
Shortcut
Wakefield & District League 2011-12 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can't see an existing thread for this league, so just to list the new entrants/withdrawals + name changes in one place..

Brookhouse WMC is AFC Forresters renamed
Crown Alverthorpe is Blue Light Sports & Social renamed
Weavers Arms is AFC Two Brewers renamed

New clubs and locations:
Ardsley Athletic - Ardsley Welfare, Coronation Terrace, Ardsley, Barnsley, S71 5BE
Durkar - Slack Lane, Newmillerdam, Wakefield, WF2 7SW
Inter Crown - Stocking Lane, Hillam, Leeds, LS25 5HP
Morley Town - Glen Road, Morley, LS27 9HG (possibly Morley C&SC renamed, though their location has also changed)
Railway - Spring Mill Playing Fields, Spring Mill Lane, Flushdyke, Ossett

Clubs who've left the league:
AFC Shepherds Arms
Dodworth Miners Welfare (despite being champions last season)
Garforth Rangers
Hopetown
Pontefract
Wilton

+ Scissett Reserves also left / Wortley Reserves joined.

...any more?

Flickr photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thedribblingcode/albums
Blog (match/ground reviews) at:
http://thedribblingcode.wordpress.com
@dribblingcode on Twitter

robgrillo
First Team Star

Sep 16, 2011, 6:09 PM

Post #2 of 7 (4290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boyspen] Wakefield & District League 2011-12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Scissett reserves are now in the Huddersfield Works league, and Garforth Rangers reserves in the West Yorkshire League.
Morley Town is probably their reserve team, as they have also entered the Leeds Red Triangle, which I understand is their first team.

Wortley is an odd one. Last season their first and second teams played in the Leeds Red Triangle (their first team were league champs), with their third/'A' team in the Wakefield league. Their first team were turned down by the West Riding County Amateur league this summer, so they chose to put two teams in the Wakey league instead -so in effect their first team has replaced their 'A' team !

I can't keep up with all the Pontefract teams coming and going in the Wakey/Selby leagues.

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

noprogs
First Team Star

Sep 20, 2011, 6:46 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 7 (4181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Wakefield & District League 2011-12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Wortley is an odd one. Last season their first and second teams played in the Leeds Red Triangle (their first team were league champs), with their third/'A' team in the Wakefield league. Their first team were turned down by the West Riding County Amateur league this summer, so they chose to put two teams in the Wakey league instead -so in effect their first team has replaced their 'A' team !

I think the season before last they were in the Yorkshire Old Boys League & were thrown out of that competition. Somebody doesn't like them....

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Sep 24, 2011, 6:37 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #4 of 7 (4070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] Wakefield & District League 2011-12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've heard that they don't have the greatest of disciplinary records...

I've also heard (from a reliable source) that they submitted applications to join the West Riding County Am and the West Yorkshire league! Understandably, this didn't impress either league, hence why they are now in the Wakey league!

kimbo_king
Youth Team Star

Sep 26, 2011, 8:53 PM

Team(s): SWFC

Post #5 of 7 (3958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] Wakefield & District League 2011-12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hopetown are just another team from that area who comes and goes. Its all the same players too, they play for a club in Div 3, run away with it then quite when games get harder

I wonder what happened to Wilton (Formerly Rose of York). They are the roughest team i have ever played against. Tasers on the touch line Crazy

The Morley team is the same team (although with various changes) I gather.

The Wakefield league has its own forum too if anyones interested although it just seems to be a load of grown men swearing at each other

http://wakefieldsaturdayleague.myfastforum.org/

There seems to be a lot of issues with the league committee and how they look after their teams. It seems like a league with a huge turnaround of teams from all over Yorkshire

(This post was edited by kimbo_king on Sep 26, 2011, 8:58 PM)

boyspen
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 28, 2011, 5:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 7 (3879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kimbo_king] Wakefield & District League 2011-12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

^^ Any idea why Dodworth MW withdrew and what has happened to their players?
I know there's a Sunday League team as well (at the same location) who are still playing this season.

Flickr photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thedribblingcode/albums
Blog (match/ground reviews) at:
http://thedribblingcode.wordpress.com
@dribblingcode on Twitter

kimbo_king
Youth Team Star

Sep 28, 2011, 10:08 PM

Team(s): SWFC

Post #7 of 7 (3857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boyspen] Wakefield & District League 2011-12 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yeah, they fell out with the Miners Welfare and the manager was sick of chasing around all there player every week.

They joined teams all over.

I know 2 went to Fieldhead and around 5 went to Rose and Crown (Who sign on around 40 players yet only run one team). Would imagine the rest either only play Sundays or joined other Barnsley teams

They were a decent team but the premier league is very poor nowadays tbh...

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3