Tiptree United >> Tiptree Heath

ComradeBT
Youth Team Regular

Sep 4, 2011, 10:19 AM

Team(s): WWFC; BFC

Post #1 of 4 (1892 views)
Shortcut
Tiptree United >> Tiptree Heath Can't Post or Reply Privately

Probably digging up an old topic here....Tiptree United's merger with Maldon Town. Well, it wasn't a merger but a complete loss of a football club that the FA should never have ratified but I was wondering if Tiptree Heath are now considered the 'replacement' club in the town?

And what has happened with..

a) Chapel Lane - the old gound of Tiptree United?

b) the new stadium planned for Tiptree United that was started and prepared (I believe the pitch has even been laid) but never finished?

ComradeBT
-- Non-League football club founder.

373 different football grounds visited. Last out:

King George V Playing Fields - Cuffley 4-2 Letchworth Garden City Eagles
Att: 43

layerroad
Junior Team Star

Sep 4, 2011, 4:56 PM

Team(s): Heybridge Swifts. Colchester United

Post #2 of 4 (1781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ComradeBT] Tiptree United >> Tiptree Heath [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Tiptree heath club you refer to are now called Tiptree Jobserve after with the Jobserve name coming through via Robbie Cowling who lives in Tiptree and is Chairman of Colchester United. Chapel Road is still there all overgrown and derelict and fenced off and secure.

Don't think the people who bought it can develop as they seem to have found a 99 year convenant on the site which they can't break at the moment.

Sometime next year a new training ground for Colchester United will open up on Colchester Road in Tiptree which is currently under construction giving five pitches to the local groups as well as training facilities for Col U. The locals didn't want it and the council weren't too happy but permission was eventually given and the site includes more housing. The site is around 17 miles from where Colchester United's new ground is and is only in Tiptree because of their Chairman. Should he ever walk away i think everything would collapse on both fronts.

I not yet gone down to the Warriors Rest ground to see Tiptree Jobserve. I should think Runwell been afew times so hopefully he'll add to this topic.

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 4, 2011, 11:15 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 4 (1667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [layerroad] Tiptree United >> Tiptree Heath [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, I'll try!

Been to both Jobserve and United's old ground. Chapel Road was a cracking little ground, and sadly its abandonment was so sudden I never got round to a final visit. It's only a matter of time before the ground is sold. Covenants are usually "not worth the paper they are written on", and at the end of the day, sadly money talks. If they can build a great big Tesco in a 'peaceful picturesque village' full of independent traders and just a decent sized Co-op for rivalry, a small area of a football ground stands little chance.

I can't comment on the new pitches or the prepared pitch for the old United club. I know Tiptree's Thurstable School has some nice new pitches (3G?) funded by Mr Cowling, and I believe Maldon St Mary's had a couple of their opening Border League fixtures there, but are moving back to Plume School's 3G pitch in Maldon this week (that will cheer UK Punk et al!) (I was probably right in assuming a while back on here there was lots of building work on the school site, making it unsafe. There was definately a lot of stuff going on there the other day driving along Fambridge Road). I'm guessing these additional pitches are in the same area, or towards the south heading towards Great Totham?

I've only been to Heath/Jobserve two or three times since the loss of the main club. There are a reasonable number of people beside the pitch but it's hard to compare attendances for a walk in the park with a small ground admission fee, but I don't think there's been a huge switch. I think by the end United were getting 40 people, just after they switched from the Ridgeons back to the Essex Senior League for their short remaining period of existence. I guess most of the United fans just gave up on local football. Maybe one or two went to Witham or Stanway, or Maldon and Heybridge, but I think most don't bother now, which is a shame.
Jobserve would never really expect to aim higher than the Border Prem, and their facilities obviously are far too basic for anything like the Ridgeons/ESL. They'd probably have the space actually to enclose the ground, put lights up and the like without disturbing anyone, but I believe Warrior's Rest and the land around it is a conservation area, and they're a bit well to do in Tiptree so that's a non starter.

Back to the United merger with Maldon, that I agree wasn't a merger at all. However it is hard to get my head around it, as for a while I think the Maldon chairman and Tiptree chairman swapped jobs. Most odd. Quite a few of the Tiptree backroom staff/commitee have relocated to Park Drive. I know, as I've seen a few of them there and they have confirmed such.

Last match:
Wednesday 8th October 2014
Haverhill Borough 4-1 Halstead Town (Eastern Counties League Division 1)

Next scheduled match:
Saturday 11th October 2014
Needham Market v Witham Town (FA Cup Third Qualifying Round)

(This post was edited by Runwell on Sep 4, 2011, 11:17 PM)

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 4, 2011, 11:23 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] Tiptree United >> Tiptree Heath [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I believe Maldon St Mary's had a couple of their opening Border League fixtures there, but are moving back to Plume School's 3G pitch in Maldon this week (that will cheer UK Punk et al!)

I hope you're right, Dan. I'll definitely tick it off this season if they do move back.

I wonder if Youngster, Pinewoodste and Abbswolf will revisit or whether they'll count last winters abandonment as a tick. Tongue

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3