Home: All Other Football Interests: Women's Football:
WSL - down to the wire

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 27, 2011, 7:57 PM

Post #1 of 2 (10583 views)
Shortcut
WSL - down to the wire Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is anyone going to the final round of matches, especially those involved Arsenal and Birmingham? I have shamefully not made any Arsenal games this year despite telling everyone I know we should go :( but if competition was the goal it's been a success. It's not been this tight for years!

Apparently for the final round of matches spectators are offered the chance to pay what they like to get in. Has anyone every been to an event which operates this system? I know it's not a new idea but I'm interested to see how it works out. I almost think it's a bad idea because the English are so polite they'd rather not go than pay an amount which seems offensive but there you go...

AndrewG
First Team Star

Aug 28, 2011, 12:14 AM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 2 (10565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] WSL - down to the wire [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Judging by comments on one or two Where Did You Go threads recently, there are a few on here who would take the opportunity to pay nowt.

I'm planning to watch Liverpool v Arsenal at Skem - think they usually charge £4.50 so I'll probably pay a fiver rather than try and find the usual amount in change or ask for change. Doesn't seem bad value for a title decider anyway.

Agree it is a fairly unusual idea, but with the likely combined attendance at all four games probably 2,000 or less, it probably won't make that much difference financially, and is really more of a publicity gimmick.

(This post was edited by AndrewG on Aug 28, 2011, 12:15 AM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3