Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
So when do we send the troops into Syria?

sandhurstbee
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 2, 2011, 1:28 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #1 of 15 (3905 views)
Shortcut
So when do we send the troops into Syria? Can't Post or Reply Privately

The reason quoted for sending our troops to Libya was because Gadaffi was killing his own people so we had to move into protect them. The fact that these people were armed and shooting at the goverment troops made this ok in the eyes of the west. Now Syrian troops seem to be killing far more Syrian civillians who are probably not armed with weapons supplied by the west so the question is when do we move in to protect them or does Syria not have as much oil as Libya.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 2, 2011, 3:55 PM

Post #2 of 15 (3893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
so the question is when do we move in to protect them or does Syria not have as much oil as Libya.

Of course not how could you suggest such a thingTongue

It's because the Syrians will fire back

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 3, 2011, 1:21 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #3 of 15 (3836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Iraq, Kuwait and Libya all have oil. Syria doesn't.

dottirofhod

Aug 3, 2011, 1:34 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 15 (3828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Syria doesn't.

They do , not big in comparison to the countries mentioned but it's used to fund terrorism.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 3, 2011, 1:50 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #5 of 15 (3822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Syria doesn't.

They do , not big in comparison to the countries mentioned but it's used to fund terrorism.

Unlike you to fall for that old guff.

I wonder, are "allied" forces or mercenaries in, oh - pick a country - terrorists ?

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Aug 3, 2011, 2:07 PM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #6 of 15 (3819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Its the Ottomans - I mean Turkey - will step in their. Watch out for that Erdogan.

Professional cretin.

dottirofhod

Aug 3, 2011, 2:13 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #7 of 15 (3817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Syria doesn't.

I wonder, are "allied" forces or mercenaries in, oh - pick a country - terrorists ?

I have not fallen for any old guff. I do at least do a bit of research before posting. Please enlighten me as regards your 'old guff' comment.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 3, 2011, 2:21 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #8 of 15 (3815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would have thought that Zimbabwe and North Korea are ahead of
Syria in the queue?
Then again, Zim have fvck all to offer and DKPR might actually fight back.

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

buncranaboy

Aug 3, 2011, 4:41 PM

Post #9 of 15 (3805 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Syria doesn't.

I have not fallen for any old guff. I do at least do a bit of research before posting. Please enlighten me as regards your 'old guff' comment.

Syria's oil revenues account for only around 4.5% of their GDP for a start. And while their government has been accused (by the USA - ffs) of state-sponsored terrorism because of their support for myriad Palestinian groups over the years, I suggest that today's state machinery is more concerned with keeping its own people down rather than spicing things up elsewhere.
I suggest we drop this as a debating point on this particular forum (unless mods think it's okay) but interpretations of Palestinians as terrorists or freedom fighters will I dare say differ wildly depending on your personal stand-point.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Aug 3, 2011, 6:07 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 15 (3792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I would have thought that Zimbabwe and North Korea are ahead of
Syria in the queue?
Then again, Zim have fvck all to offer and DKPR might actually fight back.

Zimbabwe is very well endowed with natural resources, but oil is not one of them. North Korea on the other hand, has very little. I recently read a book called "Nothing to envy: Real lives in North Korea" and can highly recommend it - from reading that it seems that North Korea is possibly the closest any country has got to matching what is described in 1984.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Aug 3, 2011, 6:13 PM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 15 (3791 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Syria doesn't.

Syria's oil revenues account for only around 4.5% of their GDP for a start. And while their government has been accused (by the USA - ffs) of state-sponsored terrorism because of their support for myriad Palestinian groups over the years, I suggest that today's state machinery is more concerned with keeping its own people down rather than spicing things up elsewhere.
I suggest we drop this as a debating point on this particular forum (unless mods think it's okay) but interpretations of Palestinians as terrorists or freedom fighters will I dare say differ wildly depending on your personal stand-point.

Syria also funds Hezbollah, who are terrorists but not Palestinian (although they do support them) in an effort to interfere heavily in Lebanon's affairs.

buncranaboy

Aug 3, 2011, 6:28 PM

Post #12 of 15 (3784 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

True - but it's certainly not just Syrian money flowing into Hezbollah coffers!

Dynamo
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 7, 2011, 5:30 PM

Team(s): Shepshed

Post #13 of 15 (3649 views)
Shortcut

Saving the troops for Tottenham.

PaulC

Aug 7, 2011, 7:50 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #14 of 15 (3633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dynamo] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Saving the troops for Tottenham.

I hear Hearts are asking UEFA to switch their away Europa Cup tie at Tottenham to somewhere a bit safer - like Belfast.

distant
Ballboy/girl

Oct 8, 2011, 2:50 PM

Post #15 of 15 (2759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] So when do we send the troops into Syria? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

True, Syria will be more intent in internal oppression than feeding terrorism.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3