2011-12 Non-League Prediction League

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 11, 2011, 2:44 PM

Team(s): Yeovil Town FC

Post #1 of 6 (35357 views)
Shortcut
2011-12 Non-League Prediction League Can't Post or Reply Privately

Angus' annual predictionfest is starting up again very soon and I encourage all of you, both old and new to come and join in the fun.

You can find the main page at http://www.nlpl.co.uk/...able&month=24116
and just follow the simple instructions to register your name/team.

It's dead easy to play: predict a result, win 3 points for a perfect guess, 1 point for getting just the H/D/A result correct & nul-points aught else.

We'll choose regular matches for you each game-Week, taken from an interesting assortment of possibles, drawn from Steps1-6 in the main part, but 'plumped-up' with lots of Cup/Trophy/Vase matches.
We expect to set a total of maybe 800-1000 predictions for you to make over the whole season, but if that sounds daunting, by all means set up your own private sub-leagues where you and pals can pick and choose subsets of the main list to stick to - as desired.

Names/Teams are placed in a league table, the order determined by most points first and secondarily by 'goal difference'.

"How," I hear you say, "does goal difference get calculated?".

OK - you score one goal for each correctly guessed team score, multiplied by that score... in other words, correctly predict Team A to hit four goals - you get four goals-for. Strangely, correctly predict Team B to score nil goals and you do get a goals-for amount... but unfortunately that'd be zero. Shame! lol
Goals against are summed from the differences between each of your guessed team scores and their real scores. Going back to Team A v. Team B (from above) @ 4-0... if you'd guessed 3-1 - your GF/GA column would be altered by 0/2 respectively.
Had you predicted 4-2 instead, you'd have gotten 4/2 respectively in your GF/GA columns.

You'll quickly get the hang of it!

For the SERIOUS COMPETITOR, there's an alternative 'simple' league table available - which ranks all players by their average points-per-game record - and is the real skill monitor.
To have your record accepted in this table, you must have completed a certain percentage of possible predictions at every stage... 99% in Week1; 98% in Week2; 97% in Week3, etc. to the last (usually) Week41 @ 59% of predictions made.

It is possible to fall-in/fall-out of qualification to be ranked in this league table, the important thing to ensure yourself a Week41 rank!

Hoping for a hundred or more of you to sign up.

ChrisBrown

Inherited by AngusGF

Football Man
Youth Team Sub

Jul 12, 2011, 9:19 PM

Team(s): Hitchin, Royston, Langford, Stotfold, the Biggleswades

Post #2 of 6 (35278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] 2011-12 Non-League Prediction League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just to let everybody know, I'll be in it to win it again this season. I wish I could be so successful in every other facet of my life.

Fantastic game, great challenge, wonderfully administrated.

Thanks guys

FM

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Jul 18, 2011, 9:30 AM

Team(s): Bo'ness United/Cowdenbeath/Wasps

Post #3 of 6 (35090 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Football Man] 2011-12 Non-League Prediction League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It looks very exiting. Will their be loads of forum users playing?

Professional cretin.

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 20, 2011, 4:48 PM

Post #4 of 6 (34971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] 2011-12 Non-League Prediction League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I hope so Pat. Got to spread the word!

Inherited by AngusGF

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 29, 2011, 2:36 PM

Post #5 of 6 (34563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] 2011-12 Non-League Prediction League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

First fixtures: August 6th.!

Inherited by AngusGF

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

Mar 27, 2012, 11:17 AM

Post #6 of 6 (29614 views)
Shortcut
Re: Message from Angus [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Remember folks - this season I\'m offering a copy of the
2013 Non-League Directory to the punter with the highest
points to games ratio for the season (subject to having
predicted at least 60% of available fixtures)!

CURRENT STATS. TABLE TOP 10 (FOR YEARBOOK PRIZE!)

NAME: #PREDICTED: POINTS SCORED: AVERAGE

1 Fanatic 872 605 0.694

2 RRYFS 870 564 0.648

3 Fumbles 843 546 0.648

4 gregg 850 545 0.641

5 Mr. 2U 872 558 0.64

6 Moorsider 860 549 0.638

7 vienna1964 872 552 0.633

8 Rich L 708 446 0.63

9 Herb Alpert 834 523 0.627

10 football man 872 539 0.618

'Fanatic' is still waaaaaaay-out front as we come to the 'interesting' part of the season.

Is he 'nailed-on' for our prize, or might he slip-up and get caught by someone's late, late run?

***NB***

Now is the time to begin recruiting for next season's effort. While it is a privilege and a pleasure for our Admin Team (myself, RRYFS, Blue up North) to provide our services each season for you good folks' entertainment and enjoyment... it'd be a jolly sight more rewarding for us if we were serving a (much) larger audience!
Please, please, please help us recruit more players for 2012-13 - co-opt friends, family, work colleagues, pub acquaintances, etc. - anyone you are able and who would play throughout the season. We'd be most appreciative. Thanks.

Inherited by AngusGF

The Soccerlinks Hit List

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3