Ian56
Junior Team Sub

Jun 14, 2011, 9:47 PM

Team(s): Palace, Leatherhead, Bristol Rovers

Post #1 of 5 (944 views)
Shortcut
Aveley reprieved Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ryman league website says:

AVELEY are set to play in the Premier Division next season. Secretary Craig Johnson was told by the FA's Mike Appleby at 6pm tonight (Tuesday) that Millers had been reprieved from relegation in the reshuffle that followed Rushden's dismissal from the Conference on Saturday.

The decision cannot be final, however, until the FA inform the league board, who will then have to consider the matter.

No details of any other proposed adjustments, including filling the vacancy that would arise in Division One North, have yet been released.

My take on this (and I stand to be corrected) is that Rushden & Diamonds will not be playing at Step 3 next season. It would seem the best they can hope for is Southern League Division 1 Central, with some other club moving from Southern 1 Central to Isthmian 1 North. Who might that be?

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 14, 2011, 9:57 PM

Post #2 of 5 (916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ian56] Aveley reprieved [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ian, matter discussed in 'Shepshed reprieved' in 'General' section.

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 14, 2011, 10:02 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #3 of 5 (910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ian56] Aveley reprieved [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My take on this (and I stand to be corrected) is that Rushden & Diamonds will not be playing at Step 3 next season. It would seem the best they can hope for is Southern League Division 1 Central, with some other club moving from Southern 1 Central to Isthmian 1 North. Who might that be?

About time Soham Town Rangers were put in the Isthmian 1(N), after all they did come up from (and would go back to) the Eastern Counties. They (and Bury Town) should've been moved when AFC Sudbury were moved back.

With the news floating about the aether that Shepshed have been reprieved too, that could mean Bedworth returning to Southern 1 (C)

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2011, 3:05 PM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #4 of 5 (581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Aveley reprieved [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

About time Soham Town Rangers were put in the Isthmian 1(N), after all they did come up from (and would go back to) the Eastern Counties. They (and Bury Town) should've been moved when AFC Sudbury were moved back.

Bury were moved across as well. However they won the Southern Div 1 Midlands title, so moved up to step 3, and were moved across to the Ryman Prem - as handily, Lowestoft had also been promoted to step 3. Agree this can only be good news, for both Soham and the Ryman league, and also for Eastern Counties clubs looking to make the step up. Suffolk clubs have been the brave ones so far, but with Soham there, I can see the likes of Wroxham, Wisbech, Dereham etc making a go at it now.

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2011, 4:17 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #5 of 5 (538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] Aveley reprieved [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bury were moved across as well. However they won the Southern Div 1 Midlands title, so moved up to step 3, and were moved across to the Ryman Prem - as handily, Lowestoft had also been promoted to step 3. Agree this can only be good news, for both Soham and the Ryman league, and also for Eastern Counties clubs looking to make the step up. Suffolk clubs have been the brave ones so far, but with Soham there, I can see the likes of Wroxham, Wisbech, Dereham etc making a go at it now

My apologies, somehow I was thinking Sudbury were moved over a season before they were leaving Bury and Soham stranded in the Midland Division, but they weren't as Northwood would've played them in Isthmian 1(N) and we didn't. We effectively swapped divisions last summer.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3