Best/Favourite Players

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Jun 7, 2011, 8:34 PM

Team(s): Darlingto

Post #1 of 25 (11089 views)
Shortcut
Best/Favourite Players Can't Post or Reply Privately

who is your favourite players or best you have seen, not mecessarily the world class players, but across the whole of football...

For me it would have to be Paul Gascoigne, Paul Scholes, David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Stevie G and John Terry...to add to that, a lad called Anthony Parry, at 16 he was widely tipped to be the new Paul Gascoigne until the FA banned him for life to which Newcastle sacked him...

my favourite players of all is Rob Lee, Niall Quinn and Ritchie Humphries and Kevin Ball

over to you guys

Mista Fozz

Husband, Dad, Mascot Extraordinaire and all round Idiot

nisi tu Deus, qui possit iudicare
My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Jun 7, 2011, 10:08 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #2 of 25 (11071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MistaFozzII] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
...a lad called Anthony Parry, at 16 he was widely tipped to be the new Paul Gascoigne until the FA banned him for life to which Newcastle sacked him...

my favourite players of all is Rob Lee, Niall Quinn and Ritchie Humphries and Kevin Ball,

What went wrong with Anthony Parry?

I always had a thing about Naill Quinn, and and I never really knew why.

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 7, 2011, 10:19 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #3 of 25 (11065 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MistaFozzII] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

premier league players
alan shearer
Fabrizio Ravanelli
andy cole
dennis bergkamp
nigel winterburn
kevin phillips

football league players
karl connolly
steve watkin
andy rammell

non league
declan perkins
mat fowler
omri coleman
rob french

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

dottirofhod

Jun 7, 2011, 10:22 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 25 (11064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
...a

What went wrong with Anthony Parry?

I always had a thing about Naill Quinn, and and I never really knew why.

Very brave of you to come out on this forum .

Re Parry, he must be out by now ?

Published: 02 Feb 2008 A FOOTBALLER once touted by coaches as the ?new Gazza? has been jailed for three years for drug dealing.
Junkie Anthony Parry, 26, who played for England under16s, built up a £60-a-day heroin habit after being sacked by Premier League Newcastle United for drug taking.
And a court heard police who raided the home he shared with his 17-year-old girlfriend found heroin and a drug used to cut it.
Parry, of Murton, Co Durham, admitted possessing heroin with intent to supply, and possessing crack cocaine and a class C drug. He was involved in widespread dealing.
Stephen Contantine, defending, told Durham Crown Court: "At 14 he had the world at his feet.
"Having played for his country, he has fallen about as far as is possible in ten years."

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Jun 7, 2011, 10:30 PM

Post #5 of 25 (11059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Very brave of you to come out on this forum. Well the pressure's off now it's out in the open. Been burdening me for years.

Re Parry, he must be out by now? No doubt will be signed up by some top club as soon as he walks out of the prison gates.

villahopper
First Team Star

Jun 7, 2011, 10:39 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #6 of 25 (11053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Paul. Mc. Grath

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 7, 2011, 10:48 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #7 of 25 (11049 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
, a lad called Anthony Parry, at 16 he was widely tipped to be the new Paul Gascoigne

Sounds like he's well on his way to being just that Crazy

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Jun 8, 2011, 5:06 PM

Post #8 of 25 (11004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anthony is now 29, and has never played sincr I saw him play once or twice at school and 'the next big thing' tag was perfectly justified, what I always found interesting about the Anth Parry story was the way back into the game he was offered if he cleaned up, George Reynolds tried to reach out to him and offered him a chance to sign for Darlington if he cleaned his act up, but never happened...

He has been in and out of prison for various offences since 1999, as for the Gazza comparison, he is not as unpredictable as him, but certainly had the skill...

Mista Fozz

My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

UKPunk

Jun 8, 2011, 8:22 PM

Post #9 of 25 (10991 views)
Shortcut

In my time of watching football the best player I've seen is Glenn Hoddle. I was also a big fan of Steve Perryman who never gave less than 100% in every game I saw him play.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Jun 8, 2011, 8:38 PM

Post #10 of 25 (10986 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
who is your favourite players or best you have seen?

For me it would have to be... Frank Lampard

Would that be 'Old' Frank Lampard or 'Young' Frank' Lampard?

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Jun 8, 2011, 8:55 PM

Post #11 of 25 (10973 views)
Shortcut

Frank Lampard Jr, I am too young to remember his old man playing...

I have liked little Frank ever since he came through the ranks at West Ham

Mista Fozz

My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

Isaac

Jun 8, 2011, 9:02 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #12 of 25 (10970 views)
Shortcut

Best overseas players Zola and Bergkamp

Best English player, Matt Le Tissier

Best non league player, ex Gravesend & Northfleet legend Jimmy Jackson.

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Jun 8, 2011, 9:08 PM

Post #13 of 25 (10966 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Unfortunately I remember 'Old' Franks playing days very well.

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Jun 8, 2011, 9:08 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #14 of 25 (10966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There's only one Sauzée. Sheer class. Youri Djorkaeff and Gudni Bergsson not far behind.

Isaac

Jun 8, 2011, 9:19 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #15 of 25 (10961 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Unfortunately I remember 'Old' Franks playing days very well.

I remember seeing Old Frank's diving header in a FA Cup semi final (against Everton?) and the song "the ball came over and Frank fell over" etc.

KnowYourMarket

Jun 10, 2011, 10:51 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #16 of 25 (10887 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Anthony is now 29, and has never played sincr I saw him play once or twice at school and 'the next big thing' tag was perfectly justified, what I always found interesting about the Anth Parry story was the way back into the game he was offered if he cleaned up, George Reynolds tried to reach out to him and offered him a chance to sign for Darlington if he cleaned his act up, but never happened...

He has been in and out of prison for various offences since 1999, as for the Gazza comparison, he is not as unpredictable as him, but certainly had the skill...

Is that the same George Reynolds who would threaten to pay you a visit if you did not agree with him. A very unsavoury character. How heart warming.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

MistaFozzII
First Team Regular

Jun 11, 2011, 11:58 AM

Post #17 of 25 (10853 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Is that the same George Reynolds who would threaten to pay you a visit if you did not agree with him. A very unsavoury character. How heart warming.

That is THE SAME George Reynolds, what a good man he his, probably one of the most notorious crooks ever to grace football, he only went to Darlington after apparantly been snubbed by Bob Murray(Sunderland), I think Reynolds was hoping to buy into the Board Room, don't quote me on that..so he moved onto Darlington, I think he was partly delusional, saying he would get Darlo to upper echelons of the football league, but in his own mind I reckon he really believed it though, even if he would've use strong arm tactics, as for that 25,000 seat stadium, that is now a noose round Darlos necks which could ultimately cripple the club

Mista Fozz

My Facebook Profile
My Twitter Feed

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 8, 2011, 9:46 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #18 of 25 (10316 views)
Shortcut

Without doubt CODY MCDONALD is a supremely talented striker and scores some unbelievable goals, an entertaining player that would attract supporters through the turnstiles wherever he plays, a joy to watch.
Did I ever mention how I predicted his rise to fame when he was at Witham Town... Wink

637 GROUNDS - AFC Fylde(61/92)
582 WETHERSPOONS - Lytham
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

dottirofhod

Jul 8, 2011, 9:52 PM

Post #19 of 25 (10313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

He owes you so much for makng his name a joke on this board.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 8, 2011, 10:02 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #20 of 25 (10311 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
He owes you so much for makng his name a joke on this board.

Not at all, it is only that way if you make it such with ridiculous comments IMO Crazy

dottirofhod

Jul 8, 2011, 10:10 PM

Post #21 of 25 (10306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ta.
Perhaps he wil sign for the Alex , we do need someone after selling someone who scored more than him ?

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 8, 2011, 10:11 PM

Post #22 of 25 (10306 views)
Shortcut

There will never be another Antone Joseph!
(Telford fans will know this one)

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 8, 2011, 10:18 PM

Post #23 of 25 (10304 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Ta.
Perhaps he wil sign for the Alex , we do need someone after selling someone who scored more than him ?

As I've said before, had I mentioned someone like, idk Beckham for example, nobody would have took any notice! Crazy
Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinion and as someone once said, you are entitled to my opinion Laugh
Who did you sell?
Where did he go?

dottirofhod

Jul 8, 2011, 10:49 PM

Post #24 of 25 (10296 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Who did you sell?
Where did he go?

Scorer Club Goals. 1 Clayton Donaldson Crewe Alexandra 28. 2 Ryan Lowe Bury 27. 3 Cody McDonald Gillingham

Brentford.

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 29, 2011, 8:21 PM

Post #25 of 25 (8950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Best/Favourite Players [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good to see Redbridge doing well again, due in no small part to the signing of Ben Bradbury, previously played for them and been top scorer at Tilbury, without doubt a good player at Ryman North level.
I would also suggest Michael Cheeks of Stanway Rovers will be a future top player, possibly at football league level, you heard it here first Wink

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3