Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 31, 2011, 10:37 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #1 of 63 (8288 views)
Shortcut
Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? Can't Post or

Anyone know of any sides applying to join either the Manchester League or Cheshire League?

I only know for obvious reasons of..

Whaley Bridge - Cheshire League

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 1, 2011, 12:36 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 63 (8095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheshire League. (All allegedly)

Div 1.
Club AZ to East Cheshire.
Northwich Res to NWCL.
Denton and Grappenhall promoted from Div 2.

Div 2.
Monk resigned before being shoved at AGM.
Newcomers Whaley Bridge and Sandbach Town.
This would leave Div 2 with an unsatisfactory 13 teams.
Hopefully some more interest before AGM ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Jun 1, 2011, 7:42 AM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #3 of 63 (8064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Monk resigned before being shoved at AGM

Please tell us more. On the 2 occasions I have had the misfortune to see them play they were the biggest set of moaners you could ever witness

robgrillo
First Team Star

Jun 1, 2011, 7:55 AM

Post #4 of 63 (8059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is assume that's Sandbach Town from the Crewe league
(In the Crewe League's 2009-10 season Winnington Ave finished below their own reserve side, how often does that happen??)

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

dottirofhod

Jun 1, 2011, 10:23 AM

Post #5 of 63 (8010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes Rob, indeed the Crewe & District side. Last season they played at Newall Avenue in Sandbach , the site of the old Sandbach Ramblers side. But rumour (Rivington) has it they played their last game on it recently before it is knocked down and built upon ? Over to you Rivo or indeed Nick ( go on make a post) Will check out in the near future.
As regards to Winnington yes the Ressies finished 17 points clear of the First team ? Indeed the embarrassment/piss taking was that bad they dropped the Reserves for the next season at least in the C&D ?
Line up 2011-2012 (Yes I know Sandbact Town are there !
1 Barnton Reserves 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 Barnton Wanderers Reserves 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 Barnton Wanderers 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 Bentley 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 Cuddington 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 Curshaws 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 Lostock Gralam Reserves 0 0 0 0 0 0 8 MMU Cheshire 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 9 MMU Cheshire 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 10 Malpas Reserves 0 0 0 0 0 0 11 Sandbach Town 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 Tarporley Victoria Reserves 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 Winnington Avenue 0 0 0 0 0 0

ALL ALLEGEDLY.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Jun 1, 2011, 10:52 AM)

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 1, 2011, 10:46 AM

Post #6 of 63 (7992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Where will Sandbach Town play Hod? In Sandbach or elsewhere?

Interesting about Club AZ if true, so they are now essentially a Sunday League side. Won't mention the coulds and shoulds about the fact I should have gone there.. oh well, 3 miles from a station never helped.

Monk was another I never got to. The Cheshire League is now looking Manchester League like in frightening decline. 29 sides left Unsure

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Jun 1, 2011, 10:47 AM)

Sarumio

Jun 1, 2011, 10:57 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #7 of 63 (7985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Interesting about Club AZ if true, so they are now essentially a Sunday League side. Won't mention the coulds and shoulds about the fact I should have gone there.. oh well, 3 miles from a station never helped.

Monk was another I never got to. The Cheshire League is now looking Manchester League like in frightening decline. 29 sides left Unsure

Well you could question whether there is the need for two Step 7 leagues in Cheshire. Counties down my way don't have two Step 7 divisions and Cheshire is no larger than the counties down here. Maybe a merger between the two Cheshire leagues is inevitable?

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 1, 2011, 11:20 AM

Post #8 of 63 (7978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or

The problem is the amount of West Cheshire League sides on the Wirral. The top end of the Wirral to Gamesley/Denton/Whaley Bridge is in and around the 60 mile mark.

My personal perception has always been the WCL is a Wirral and Liverpool league.

The combined number of sides in the WCL and CFL is 89 sides, with 30+ reserve sides. That would possibly result in 4 divisions of first teams, 3 divisions of reserve sides. I'm not sure myself, though there are more far clued up posters on here than me.

dottirofhod

Jun 1, 2011, 11:23 AM

Post #9 of 63 (7976 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

1. If rumour is correct re ground at Sandbach they will play at ? The big Sandbach team 'United' ply their trade at Winsford United and their Res at Legends (Bentley F C), Crewe. They are building a new facility in Sandbach but I don't know at what stage that is at. There is a dire shortage of grounds/pitches in Sandbach so perhaps Town will have to badger the council for an extension at Newall Avenue ?

2. East Cheshire equivalent to a Sunday League , please Tom !

3. Monk- Good riddance.

4. Yes def a shortage of suitable teams to join league.

5. Please remember these are my ramblings of a bitter and twisted man , the AGM is not until June 16 and it would surprise me if everything was sorted even then !

Sarumio

Jun 1, 2011, 11:42 AM

Post #10 of 63 (7967 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The problem is the amount of West Cheshire League sides on the Wirral. The top end of the Wirral to Gamesley/Denton/Whaley Bridge is in and around the 60 mile mark.

My personal perception has always been the WCL is a Wirral and Liverpool league.

The combined number of sides in the WCL and CFL is 89 sides, with 30+ reserve sides. That would possibly result in 4 divisions of first teams, 3 divisions of reserve sides. I'm not sure myself, though there are more far clued up posters on here than me.

Last season, by my calculations the Cheshire League had 27 first teams in two divisions.

The West Cheshire League had 26 first teams in their 3 divisions.

Total of 53

You could easily merge the two and have a Step 7 Premier Division of 16-18, a Division One of 14-16, and then two divisions (East and West) of roughly 12 teams each below that, and then bung all the reserve sides into East and West Divisions below that!

Those on the extreme periphery who don't like it, can bugger off to the Manchester League or Liverpool Co Prem to bolster the numbers there...and lets face it they both need bolstering!

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 1, 2011, 11:47 AM

Post #11 of 63 (7963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or

I think certain Cheshire League sides on the outer fringes join it so they don't have to play in the Manchester League! Denton, Gamesley and Whaley, Styal could all be Manchester League sides, but out of choice aren't. I don't blame any of them either.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 1, 2011, 12:18 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #12 of 63 (7945 views)
Shortcut

There is an East Cheshire Saturday League
http://full-time.thefa.com/...6&league=3711156

My understanding was the the club had been told by Mulberry's (the leisure centre owners) that they would only be allowed one Saturday team (allowing the ground to be free on alternate Saturdays for casual bookings) and that improvements wanted by the Cheshire League would not be done.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 1, 2011, 3:23 PM

Post #13 of 63 (7885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Well I never knew that! Almost on my doorstep and I always thought there was just a Sunday League. It makes my nearest side to tick off, High Lane who play at Disley.

Interestingly the majority of those grounds are used by Sunday sides. Weirdly there are pitches at High Lane which no-one plays on, High Lane play Disley and Disley's 2 sunday sides play in New Mills, odd!

(This post was edited by Chapeltom on Jun 1, 2011, 3:27 PM)

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Jun 1, 2011, 6:26 PM

Team(s): The Alex

Post #14 of 63 (7827 views)
Shortcut

"Yes Rob, indeed the Crewe & District side. Last season they played at Newall Avenue in Sandbach , the site of the old Sandbach Ramblers side. But rumour (Rivington) has it they played their last game on it recently before it is knocked down and built upon ?"

In response to our Illustrious poster I can confirm that when Timpers visited the ground at the end of theseason a club official confirmed they had been told by the Council the site would be not available next season due to proposed developments. At the time they had not yet established where they would be playing for the coming season and given the Councils normal rate of progress over such matters that there may still be an opportunity of them remaining for one more season.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 1, 2011, 7:16 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #15 of 63 (7803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Well you could question whether there is the need for two Step 7 leagues in Cheshire. Counties down my way don't have two Step 7 divisions and Cheshire is no larger than the counties down here. Maybe a merger between the two Cheshire leagues is inevitable?

Reading League, East Berkshire League and a North Berkshire League ??

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

KnowYourMarket

Jun 1, 2011, 9:11 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #16 of 63 (7756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rivington] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
"Yes Rob, indeed the Crewe & District side. Last season they played at Newall Avenue in Sandbach , the site of the old Sandbach Ramblers side. But rumour (Rivington) has it they played their last game on it recently before it is knocked down and built upon ?"

In response to our Illustrious poster I can confirm that when Timpers visited the ground at the end of theseason a club official confirmed they had been told by the Council the site would be not available next season due to proposed developments. At the time they had not yet established where they would be playing for the coming season and given the Councils normal rate of progress over such matters that there may still be an opportunity of them remaining for one more season.

Nice to see the Dragon HMS Illustrious, do you want to buy one?

http://www.modelhobbies.co.uk/...ip-7046-p-21344.html

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Sarumio

Jun 1, 2011, 10:41 PM

Post #17 of 63 (7714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I was talking about Cornwall/Devon/Somerset/Dorset/Wiltshire/Gloucestershire/Hampshire/Oxfordshire. All have just one Step 7 division. Berkshire is an anomoly and the three you mention are probably among the worst Step 7 divisions in the country - so I believe they should merge too.

Veteran

Jun 1, 2011, 10:48 PM

Post #18 of 63 (7711 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

The other problem in any possible merger is the difference in standard. With very few exceptions the Cheshire League teams (despite its pretentious dropping of the "Mid" a few years ago) are no match for their West Cheshire equivalents.

By the way Tom you should also be aware there is an Altrincham and District (Saturday) league not all that far from you ...

(This post was edited by Veteran on Jun 1, 2011, 10:49 PM)

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 2, 2011, 12:19 AM

Post #19 of 63 (7675 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Aware of that one! Ex Cheshire League side Broadheath Central play in it, think with a railed off pitch.

There are many leagues I'd have never known anything about until I saw this site.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 2, 2011, 12:22 AM

Post #20 of 63 (7674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
You could easily merge the two and have a Step 7 Premier Division of 16-18, a Division One of 14-16, and then two divisions (East and West) of roughly 12 teams each below that, and then bung all the reserve sides into East and West Divisions below that!

Those on the extreme periphery who don't like it, can bugger off to the Manchester League or Liverpool Co Prem to bolster the numbers there...and lets face it they both need bolstering!

As a poster from 'down your way' once said - 'tosh'. Clubs join the Cheshire and West Cheshire leagues specifically to avoid playing in the Manc & Scouse leagues and I certainly don't blame them! It would appear from another post that South Liverpool are the latest to aim for the West Cheshire.

acmold

Jun 2, 2011, 10:24 AM

Post #21 of 63 (7601 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I was talking about Cornwall/Devon/Somerset/Dorset/Wiltshire/Gloucestershire/Hampshire/Oxfordshire. All have just one Step 7 division. Berkshire is an anomoly and the three you mention are probably among the worst Step 7 divisions in the country - so I believe they should merge too.

The East Berks for a number of years fed the Reading League. the champions and runners-up could apply to go into the top Division of the Reading League, clubs could transfer but would end up in a division lower in Reading if they did. I can only think of Holyport who have gone straight from the East Berks to the Hellenic. Ascot certainly went via the Reading League. The Reading League has clubs from not only Berks but also Bucks, Hants and Oxon.

The same has happened in Bucks the top two in the Aylesbury League could apply to go to the North Bucks and then to the SML, a few years ago the SML started accepting anyone into it's lower division.

The North Berks is 90% in Oxfordshire these days, only Lambourn is not in Oxon and a number of OFA clubs play in the league.

The OSL tends only to cover the Oxford area and the north and west of the county and has teams from other counties in it, at one stage quite a few Bucks clubs were in it, though there is a drift back to the Aylesbury League, which now includes a number of OFA clubs. South Northants clubs have always played in the OSL.

You could certainly have two step 7 leagues, a combined OSL / NBL for the West of the two counties - only Lambourn would be out on a limb, and a Thames Valley League for the east of the two plus south Bucks - ie Wycombe / Marlow

robgrillo
First Team Star

Jun 2, 2011, 10:42 AM

Post #22 of 63 (7592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I remember in the 80s when there was, besides the Mid-Cheshire League, a Central Cheshire League !
I think it was a sort of Crewe premier league - teams like Winnington Avenue played in it (sure its been discussed on here too)

Edit ; it was....http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=152750;search_string=central%20cheshire;#152750

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

(This post was edited by robgrillo on Jun 2, 2011, 10:44 AM)

dottirofhod

Jun 2, 2011, 11:33 AM

Post #23 of 63 (7564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As was stated in your 2009 thread, it was not a sort of Crewe League . I must have been banned then , no input by myself !
Crewe / Crewe & District began in 1895 and was renamed in 1972. So in the 80's the Crewe & District was in full flow.

davy c
First Team Star

Jun 2, 2011, 11:34 AM

Post #24 of 63 (7563 views)
Shortcut

Manchester, Liverpool, west cheshire and Cheshire league Top Division sides would all be more than equiped to be playing step 5 and 6 in some of the southern parts of the pyramid, the god awful Hellenic springs to mind. There may be lots of different leagues over a relatively small area in the North West, but the standard remains strong

twitter @davyc1976

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 2, 2011, 12:06 PM

Post #25 of 63 (7545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davy c] Applications to Manchester/Cheshire League? [In reply to] Can't Post or

Some would be more equipped than others!

If Gamesley of the Cheshire League 1st Division had the facilities I reckon they'd do well at Step 6 - thrashed Graham St Prims 7-1 away from home in midweek in the Derbyshire Senior Cup. Then lost 3-2 to a very good Borrowash Victoria, no thanks to 3 own goals Crazy. Gave Shirebrook a good game in 2009/2010.

As proved with Ashton Athletic, Irlam, Wigan R.P - the Manchester League may be one certain posters avoid but its not far off NWCFL standards. Runcorn Town have also proved just how strong the West Cheshire is.

What is odd though and I will digress the Cheshire Amateur Cup shows the likes of Spurley Hey can knock out Step 7 and 8 clubs, who in turn would probably be good enough to give most NWCFL 1st Division sides a game. I don't think there is a great deal of difference between some sides in the Lancs Amateur League/Lancs & Cheshire and the NWCFL. Atherton LR a mid-table NWCFL side only just beat Old Boltonians, Lancs Amateur side in the Bolton Hospital Cup final recently.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3