Horsham ymca

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 18, 2011, 10:46 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #1 of 10 (1576 views)
Shortcut
Horsham ymca Can't Post or Reply Privately

Does anyone know which league they will play in next season.

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

May 18, 2011, 10:48 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #2 of 10 (1573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Horsham ymca [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Does anyone know which league they will play in next season.

Sussex County League Division One surely - or am I missing something?

dottirofhod

May 18, 2011, 10:54 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 10 (1566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Horsham ymca [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Would have thought so but they seem unsure =

16 May 2011

Following a recent and somewhat extensive interview process, Horsham YMCA FC have announced Sammy Donnelly as the new first team manager of the club.

The veteran, who has thirty-five years of management experience under his belt, has won every honour in Sussex football, and joins YM from an advisory position at former Ryman League opponents Whitehawk.

The news was broken at a YM committee meeting on Monday night (16th May), where Chairman Mick Browning, and the rest of the backroom staff were on hand to greet the new boss in his first full engagement with the club.

And it is undoubtedly obvious that YM feel the experience of the new manager will be a sure fire way to get the club back on their feet after a simply dismal last nine months.

Donnelly, who has managed at Lancing, Three Bridges, and Worthing, also feels that it is a positive move for both the club and himself.

‘I am honoured to be the manager of Horsham YMCA. They have always been a very well run club and as soon as the job became vacant I decided to apply. I was hoping to be successful and start enjoying my football again.’

And despite his achievements, the new boss has made it clear that he still has the drive and ambition to succeed, no matter what position the club finds itself in for next season’s campaign.

‘I took the job on no matter what league we end up in. I have had a lot of experience obviously being at Worthing, Lewes and Eastbourne United, so that doesn’t faze me. And if it’s got to be the County League or whatever other league we get relegated to, then our business is to try and get back to the Ryman League.’

?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on May 18, 2011, 10:56 AM)

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 18, 2011, 11:24 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #4 of 10 (1548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Horsham ymca [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There is a suggestion being put about that the Sussex league will not take them as they have ground share agreement.
The comments by the manager would seem to indicate that there may be some truth to it.

(This post was edited by Unicorn on May 18, 2011, 11:26 AM)

sandhurstbee

May 18, 2011, 1:15 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #5 of 10 (1473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Unicorn] Horsham ymca [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I heard a rumour during the season that Horsham YMCA would be going to the Combined Counties League due to Horsham groundsharing at their ground but there has been no suggestion of this actually coming out of The Combined Counties League. Another theory is that as Horsham had agreed a fixed time scale, whilst Horsham YMCA was not part of the Sussex County League that agreement is binding and they will be allowed to Ground Share for One more season despite Horsham YMCA, presumably, dropping back into the County League.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

RRYFS
First Team Sub

May 18, 2011, 4:10 PM

Team(s): Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Hamworthy United

Post #6 of 10 (1376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Horsham ymca [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm sure I've seen a post that the FA have forced all Step 5 Leagues to change their rules to permit Groundsharing - I think the Wessex was quoted as having revised the rules to effect that.

VP

May 18, 2011, 4:30 PM

Post #7 of 10 (1353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RRYFS] Horsham ymca [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm sure I've seen a post that the FA have forced all Step 5 Leagues to change their rules to permit Groundsharing - I think the Wessex was quoted as having revised the rules to effect that.

You're correct. This season's Sussex League handbook has the same groundsharing rule as every other league. The Wessex League has the same rule on their website.

sandhurstbee

May 19, 2011, 1:16 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Horsham ymca [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah that would appear to have removed any obstacles for YMCA returning to the Sussex County then.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

dottirofhod

May 19, 2011, 1:20 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #9 of 10 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Horsham ymca [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just heard from a reliable source that they have applied to join the Guernsey League !

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

sandhurstbee

May 19, 2011, 6:59 PM

Post #10 of 10 (1019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Horsham ymca [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Just heard from a reliable source that they have applied to join the Guernsey League !

Ah it all fits what with Guernsey applying for the Combined Counties Wink

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3