Lars
Reserve Team Star

Jul 16, 2011, 8:53 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #26 of 32 (9465 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Women's World Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We did it! :-)
I think we deserved to win, being the slightly better team.
We played basically as good with 10 women than with 11 (after one of our forwards received a red card).
Nice 2-1 goal.

I heard Caroline Seger was elected to the "top 12" players of the tournament. Very strange, since she was one of our worst players, plus didn't play some games.

AndrewG
First Team Star

Jul 16, 2011, 11:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #27 of 32 (9450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lars] Women's World Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I used to think 3rd/4th place play offs were a waste of time, but thats the second one in a week that has been excellent - following on from Germany v Brazil in the Men's U-17 competition. Suppose it all depends how seriously the teams take them.

Had to laugh when the Swedish coach raced on to the pitch to join the players in their celebrations, then got out of the way very quickly when he realised the players were about to do their Moussier Tombola dance and he might be required to join in!

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 17, 2011, 9:21 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #28 of 32 (9395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] Women's World Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I used to think 3rd/4th place play offs were a waste of time, but thats the second one in a week that has been excellent - following on from Germany v Brazil in the Men's U-17 competition. Suppose it all depends how seriously the teams take them.

TBH in every men's World Cup since 1990 the 3rd place game has been far more entertaining than the final!

(I'll hear arguments for 1998 since it's always good to see Brazil get a tatering but think I'm on fairly safe ground for the others)

Last new ground (844): Yarnton Lane - Kidlington v Didcot 4/9/19
Last game: Stourbridge v Stafford 5/10/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 17, 2011, 10:13 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #29 of 32 (9385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Women's World Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When did we have a men's final as good as the women's final tonight?

hotchkiss
First Team Sub

Jul 17, 2011, 10:44 PM

Team(s): wolves,non league

Post #30 of 32 (9379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Women's World Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Great game .Credit to both teams for making it a final to remember.

East Fork Utd
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 17, 2011, 10:53 PM

Post #31 of 32 (9374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hotchkiss] Women's World Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It was a terrific final! Still hate to see finals decided on penalties. USA women created many more chances than our men's team ever could, but they were denied by the woodwork three times! Good job by Japan. They never faltered or lost heart after going down 1-0 and 2-1.

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 17, 2011, 11:00 PM

Team(s): None

Post #32 of 32 (9371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] Women's World Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

TBH in every men's World Cup since 1990 the 3rd place game has been far more entertaining than the final!

(I'll hear arguments for 1998 since it's always good to see Brazil get a tatering but think I'm on fairly safe ground for the others)

I don't like Brazil either so I had the added bonus tonight of turning over to ESPN after the Women's Cup Final to see Brazil lose 2-0 on penalties to Paraguay in the Copa America. They missed 3 and had one saved. Two penalty shootouts and only 6 succesful kicks!

jrev61

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3