INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Women's Football:
F A Womens Super League.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 14, 2011, 11:36 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 13 (19876 views)
Shortcut
F A Womens Super League. Can't Post or Reply Privately

Website for you followers -

http://www.femalesoccer.net/womens_super_league.php

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 15, 2011, 12:02 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #2 of 13 (19869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] F A Womens Super League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought you were about to show us some shots of the players "relaxing" Crazy

Barbie
First Team Regular

Apr 15, 2011, 7:12 PM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #3 of 13 (19794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] F A Womens Super League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is it me or are the FA keeping venues for the WSL secret?
And the fixtures beyond May?
Even tried the official FAWSL site which looks as it's had as much spent on it as Wayne Rooney's spent on etiquette.

aiwa
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 15, 2011, 7:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 13 (19787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] F A Womens Super League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Venues seem to have disappeared from the official FAWSL site, but they are clearly given on the individual club sites, with maps etc. I presume that the absence of fixtures in the second half of the season is something to do with the television company.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 15, 2011, 7:56 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #5 of 13 (19786 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aiwa] F A Womens Super League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I presume that the absence of fixtures in the second half of the season is something to do with the television company.

Women's World Cup. 6-8 week break May 12 to early July.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Swindon Addick
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 15, 2011, 11:23 PM

Team(s): Cambridge City, Charlton Athletic

Post #6 of 13 (19762 views)
Shortcut

She Kicks magazine included venues for the first couple of months in a pull-out in its latest issue, but for some reason doesn't seem to have the same info on its website. Not that I can find, andway.

I'd always recommend James Prickett's website for details of venues in the upper layers of the women's pyramid (and the only coherent explanation of the structure and composition of the lower levels that I've ever seen).

For groundhoppers looking for unusual venues, the WSL won't be much help, but Bristol are using a college ground at Stoke Gifford which I don't think is otherwise used for senior football, and Doncaster offer the usual chance of a game on the second pitch at the Keepmoat (but do check because sometimes they use the main one!).

Cambridge City - on a tour of places we've never heard of and can't spell.

Les
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 16, 2011, 12:52 AM

Team(s): Arsenal, Brentford, Celtic, Kingstonian

Post #7 of 13 (19748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] F A Womens Super League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Women's Summer League ground information.

Arsenal Ladies are playing home games at Boreham Wood.

Birmingham City at Stratford Town

Bristol Academy at Stoke Gifford Stadium, BS34 8LP, i don't think any mens team play here.

Chelsea at Tooting and Mitcham.

Doncaster Rovers Belles at Doncaster Rovers or the smaller ground just outside.

Everton at Marine.

Lincoln at Lincoln United.

Liverpool at Skelmersdale.

Swindon Addick
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 16, 2011, 8:48 AM

Post #8 of 13 (19724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Les] F A Womens Super League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for that.

A tip for anyone intending to go to games - although one would hope there will be efforts made to stick to the official venues in order to encourage people to attend, women's football does have a habit of switching venues, sometimes at relatively short notice. It's always worth checking the News section of the She Kicks website the day before - super league, premier league and FA cup fixtures get summarised in news items which include venue details. They are often more accurate than the relevant league websites.

For example, yesterday's news item on the premier league tells us that Charlton-Brighton in the southern division tomorrow is at VCD rather than the usual venue of Thamesmead, which is not the sort of thing you want to learn by turning up at Thamesmead at 10 to 2!

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Apr 16, 2011, 9:56 AM

Post #9 of 13 (19714 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Bristol Academy at Stoke Gifford Stadium, BS34 8LP, i don't think any mens team play here.

One ground, SIX atcost Stands. Worth taking a whole box of tissues.

Criminal really, the amount of money that has been spent on the overall site, the least you would hope for is a decent pavilion with seating areas, but no they get the Stadium experts from Atcost in on the case.

Bertie188e
Youth Team Sub

Apr 16, 2011, 10:50 AM

Post #10 of 13 (19710 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

The game versus Chelsea on May 12th is at Sincil Bank according to their OS.

Reynard's Hunting Grounds

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 16, 2011, 10:51 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #11 of 13 (19710 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Everton at Marine.

Lincoln are reportedly playing a couple of games at Sincil Bank so I'd check before travel.

Last new ground (846): Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia - Bulgaria v England 14/10/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

John Mills
Reserve Team Star

Apr 21, 2011, 10:17 AM

Post #12 of 13 (19379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] F A Womens Super League. [In reply to] Can't Post or

I emailed the Keepmoat Stadium this morning to ask whether Sunday's match is at the main stadium or the athletics track. I received a reply by 9.06am (impressive) that stated ''The Belles matches are being held in the main stadium bowl'', so it sounds like that is the arrangement for this year.

Swindon Addick
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 25, 2011, 9:06 AM

Post #13 of 13 (19127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] F A Womens Super League. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Everton at Marine.

Lincoln are reportedly playing a couple of games at Sincil Bank so I'd check before travel.

In ther first part of the season, Lincoln are playing at United on 30/4 (Everton) and 4/5 (Arsenal) and at City on 12/5 (Chelsea). No word yet on what will happen after the mid-season break.

For those wanting to visit Bristol Acadamy's ground, it's very handily located near Parkway station, but be aware that midweek games are kicking off at 6.30. Presumably due to the inadequate floodlights, which came on for the second half of the game on Saturday but more to provide lighting for spectators than to make any difference on the pitch. Spectators stand on the athletics track, so you're much closer to the pitch than you might expect.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3