FA Vase (and Trophy) Tickets

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Apr 12, 2011, 11:00 AM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #1 of 9 (6091 views)
Shortcut
FA Vase (and Trophy) Tickets Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, I have a sense of Deja Vu here...3 of us want to go to the Vase final. We want tickets in the Whitley Bay End (I come from up there). However, Whitley Bay appear only to be selling tickets locally...and we live in the South West!

Also, although I am not certain, I may want to go to the Trophy Final, but theres no chance of me deciding that until nearly on the day as its not Plan A...

Neither of these games sells out but there is no indication that they will allow POTD entry. I am led to believe that in the past at a very late stage tickets have been made available on the day. Anyone got any ideas whether this is true and if so if it will happen this year?

This seems to happen every year and I fail to see why the FA cant arrange for people to buy tickets through Wembley or simply state that they will be made avaialble on the day, given the numbers of neutral fans that go to the Vase in particular.

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Apr 12, 2011, 11:06 AM

Post #2 of 9 (6089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] FA Vase (and Trophy) Tickets [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went to the Whitley Bay V Glossop Vase final. Just turned up at Wembley and was able to buy tickets for whichever set of supporters I wanted to be in with.

Cannot remember if it was just one (not at all busy) ticket office or if there were separate ones. Whatever it was it was all very clearly marked and surprisingly straightforward.

GrahamN
Junior Team Star

Apr 12, 2011, 11:49 AM

Post #3 of 9 (6075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] FA Vase (and Trophy) Tickets [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've paid on the day for the past three Vase and past three Trophy finals. There is one ticket office for each team, one to the left and one to the right after you've walked up the ramps (at the level just below the main stadium gates) and I've never waited more than a minute or two to get served at them.

Very straightforward and, although I know for certain no more than the next person, I can't see any reason why this year would be any different.

trevor56
Youth Team Regular

Apr 14, 2011, 9:31 PM

Post #4 of 9 (5884 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Well, I have a sense of Deja Vu here...3 of us want to go to the Vase final. We want tickets in the Whitley Bay End (I come from up there). However, Whitley Bay appear only to be selling tickets locally...and we live in the South West!

Also, although I am not certain, I may want to go to the Trophy Final, but theres no chance of me deciding that until nearly on the day as its not Plan A...

Neither of these games sells out but there is no indication that they will allow POTD entry. I am led to believe that in the past at a very late stage tickets have been made available on the day. Anyone got any ideas whether this is true and if so if it will happen this year?

This seems to happen every year and I fail to see why the FA cant arrange for people to buy tickets through Wembley or simply state that they will be made avaialble on the day, given the numbers of neutral fans that go to the Vase in particular.

contact wbfc & i'm sure they would post them out to you

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 14, 2011, 11:14 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #5 of 9 (5867 views)
Shortcut

I have paid on the day at the last two Vase finals and at other Vase and Trophy finals before that.

It isn't advertised in advance because nobody would buy tickets beforehand and they would have no idea how many to expect at Wembley on the day.

GrahamN
Junior Team Star

Apr 15, 2011, 10:17 AM

Post #6 of 9 (5819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] FA Vase (and Trophy) Tickets [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think that the clubs also get a percentage of the revenue from the tickets they sell (used to be the case anyway) but nothing from the sale of tickets at the stadium on the day, so it's understandable that they're not likely to advertise the possibility of walk up tickets - not several weeks before the day anyway.

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Apr 17, 2011, 9:48 AM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #7 of 9 (5656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GrahamN] FA Vase (and Trophy) Tickets [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for the advice. I was prepared to pay on the day but my mate now tells me WBFC have made arrangements for tickets by email so we are going through them. Smile

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 17, 2011, 11:10 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #8 of 9 (5567 views)
Shortcut

Bought one direct from Coalville and no checks or anything - as long as I paid, they'd send me one!

And they did!

Last new ground (836): Dyson Perrins CofE Academy - Malvern Vale v Worcester Raiders 13/7/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 20, 2011, 2:38 PM

Post #9 of 9 (5324 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] FA Vase (and Trophy) Tickets [In reply to] Can't Post or

You can buy Coalville tickets online @

http://www.coalvilletownfc.co.uk/

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3