Home: All Other Football Interests: Women's Football:
FA Women's Cup semi-finals

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 28, 2011, 1:24 PM

Post #1 of 7 (13524 views)
Shortcut
FA Women's Cup semi-finals Can't Post or Reply Privately

Quite a turn up for me as a Barnet based Gooner - Barnet v Arsenal in the FA Cup semi-finals.

Now, what I'm not sure about and haven't yet been able to find out online, is whether the Women's Cup semis are at neutral venues and, as Barnet Ladies actually play at Hanwell Town, would Underhill count as neutral - as it would be ideal (in my opinion) as there are so many Barnet and Arsenal fans in the vicinity.

Les
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 28, 2011, 8:21 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Brentford, Celtic, Kingstonian

Post #2 of 7 (13499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] FA Women's Cup semi-finals [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What has happened in the past and i think still applies is that the first team picked out (Barnet) pick the neutral venue. They can not pick their normal home ground (Hanwell Town).

Arsenal use Bishop's Stortford's ground when picked first.

AndrewG
First Team Star

Mar 29, 2011, 12:45 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 7 (13470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Les] FA Women's Cup semi-finals [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rule 24a of the FA Womens Cup (downloadable on the FA website) 'The Association shall fix the ground for the Semi-Finals and Finals, and shall have direct control of the arrangements.'

In practice, the same arrangements apply for the FA Womens Cup as the FA Sunday Cup. A venue close to the first drawn club is chosen, but it is the FA not the club who choose the venue.

I would think Underhill is a very likely choice for the Barnet game, though the venue for the Liverpool semi-final is a little more difficult to predict, although Southport has staged a semi-final in the past.

cope1

Mar 29, 2011, 11:07 AM

Post #4 of 7 (13438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] FA Women's Cup semi-finals [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheers guys. I hope it's at Underhill as both clubs use it from time to time (the only Euro game I've seen was against Frankfurt at Underhill). Should be a bumper crowd!

Les
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 1, 2011, 11:49 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Brentford, Celtic, Kingstonian

Post #5 of 7 (13316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] FA Women's Cup semi-finals [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barnet v Arsenal

The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON, Uxbridge FC

Sunday, April 24, 2011, 14:00

cope1

Apr 2, 2011, 12:28 AM

Post #6 of 7 (13308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Les] FA Women's Cup semi-finals [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oh FFS!!! Sod that - I am not going in protest!

its_only_a_game
Junior Team Regular

May 3, 2011, 5:28 PM

Post #7 of 7 (12241 views)
Shortcut

I went to the game, there was just over 500 in attendance, Arsenal out played Barnet.

with age comes experience...........and lack of pace!

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3