Home: All Other Football Interests: Women's Football:
Champions League kick offs.

cope1
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 7, 2011, 3:38 PM

Post #1 of 7 (15066 views)
Shortcut
Champions League kick offs. Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone know why Arsenal's QF home leg is at 2.30pm on a Thursday? Only 3 of the 8 QF matches are not evening kick offs. I fancied this but don't want to take an afternoon off work for it.

Les
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 7, 2011, 8:08 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Brentford, Celtic, Kingstonian

Post #2 of 7 (15044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Champions League kick offs. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The floodlights at Boreham Wood are not strong enough for Champions League football. The previous two home games had earlier kick off times to be able to finish in daylight.

AndrewG
First Team Star

Mar 8, 2011, 11:25 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 7 (14964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Les] Champions League kick offs. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The UEFA minimum requirement for floodlights at Women's Champions League games is 350 lux - see paragraph 4.1.11 in this download http://www.uefa.com/...1511726_DOWNLOAD.pdf

I think this is way beyond the scope of most non league grounds in the UK. Everton also played in the afternoon when staging games at Marine last season, but have been able to play under lights at Widnes this season.

cope1

Mar 9, 2011, 12:47 PM

Post #4 of 7 (14924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Les] Champions League kick offs. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bugger! Can't they switch to Barnet? Easier for me to get too as well! :)

cope1

Mar 14, 2011, 1:38 PM

Post #5 of 7 (14591 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The floodlights at Boreham Wood are not strong enough for Champions League football. The previous two home games had earlier kick off times to be able to finish in daylight.

Les, do you know what the requirements are for the Super League and whether or not Arsenal will be able to play under lights there?

Les
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 14, 2011, 2:07 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Brentford, Celtic, Kingstonian

Post #6 of 7 (14581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Champions League kick offs. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No problem playing Super League games at Boreham Wood. Several games have Thursday 7.45pm kick offs for TV.

All the fixtures up to the end of May are on the Arsenal website.

cope1

Mar 14, 2011, 6:19 PM

Post #7 of 7 (14566 views)
Shortcut

Cheers again. Oddly, I checked the site yesterday and couldn't get the fixtures, including yesterday's Everton one. I have it now though.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3