Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Saturday 5th March

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 8, 2011, 7:51 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #126 of 138 (3154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Saturday 5th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Unfortunately the day trip flight from Stansted to Weeze ceases to exist very soon. Only 1 flight per day with effect from AprilFrown

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

rambler77
First Team Star

Mar 8, 2011, 8:48 AM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #127 of 138 (3126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Saturday 5th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Unfortunately the day trip flight from Stansted to Weeze ceases to exist very soon. Only 1 flight per day with effect from AprilFrown

Not sure I understand Ryanair's logic behind that one. Crazy
Then again Ryanair and logic are seldom used in the same sentence.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

UKPunk

Mar 8, 2011, 12:39 PM

Post #128 of 138 (3067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Saturday 5th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
"Do we really need the racist remarks on this thread?"

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/...d_in_chant_case.aspx

Some years ago I was in a pub with some mates watching Spurs and one of them said, "Come on you yids!!" A woman came over and began to castigate my mate for anti-semitism, and an argument ensued when we tried to explain to the stupid bint what it meant and why we use the term. She only backed down when an old Jewish guy called Avi Barron who was watching the game took her aside and explained the 'facts of life' to her.

It's not the first time I've encountered busybodies who jump in with both feet at the first suspicion of perceived racism, sexism etc. only to find themselves looking a complete prat.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Tim

Mar 8, 2011, 12:59 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #129 of 138 (3059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Saturday 5th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I wasn't going to respond to Mishi's post, but if your remark is aimed at me, UK Punk, and I'm not sure if it is or not, I will clarify why I feel this was racist.

It is one thing to chant 'pikeys' and I agree that in the instance cited it may not offend. It is another matter entirely to make unfounded assumptions about ethnic groups and responsibility for criminality, which was what was posted on this thread. Welcome to the 21st century. It's racism. It bothers me. And from what you have said in the past on here, I'm very surprised it doesn't bother you.

jrev61

Mar 8, 2011, 2:20 PM

Team(s): None

Post #130 of 138 (3020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Saturday 5th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I wasn't going to respond to Mishi's post, but if your remark is aimed at me, UK Punk, and I'm not sure if it is or not, I will clarify why I feel this was racist.

It is one thing to chant 'pikeys' and I agree that in the instance cited it may not offend. It is another matter entirely to make unfounded assumptions about ethnic groups and responsibility for criminality, which was what was posted on this thread. Welcome to the 21st century. It's racism. It bothers me. And from what you have said in the past on here, I'm very surprised it doesn't bother you.

I hope you'll be so understanding when the Pikeys decide to set up camp on Stourbridge's ground or car park, causing matches to be postponed.Smile

jrev61

Mishi

Mar 8, 2011, 3:39 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #131 of 138 (2992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Saturday 5th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It depends if you mean Romanies, or Irish travellers. there is a huge difference.
Without a doubt some use their 'culture' to hide behind illegal activities, & I'm being polite there.

Yes, the orginal comment on here could be termed as racist, but I, personally, find it difficult to totally defend a grouping of people who tend to be anti-gay, treat women without all due respect, & have such a dislike of 'outsiders' who are not members of their group.

Grounds visited: 735
Last new ground: Biggleswade Town FC; Langford Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. (Evo-Stik League South Premier Division Central)
Last game: Sunday 27th January 2019: Crystal Palace 0, Durham 2. [FA Women's Super League 2]
Matches watched this season: 115
2017/18-New English grounds: 12; & foreign: 2

richiejenn
First Team Star

Mar 8, 2011, 4:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #132 of 138 (2981 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Saturday 5th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I spent my first 16 years in Medway and have travelled around quite a bit since then. Does that make me a pikey? I do pay my taxes though!

ciderjon
First Team Star

Mar 8, 2011, 10:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #133 of 138 (2907 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Saturday 5th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Caerau Boys Club 2 afc Bargoed Red'z 2

South Wales Amateur Lge Div 2
attn 31 f + n

Recompleting the league today,in broad sunshine and almost springlike conditions.

Bargoed, featuring two one-armed defenders, started and finished the stronger, but the rest of the game belonged to Caerau so a draw was a fair result.

Ground is railed off, with dugouts but no cover. There is an extra rail on the far side at a slight elevation which was a popular vantage point.There is a footpath behind this rail (old railway line??). The pitch is on a plateau, the dressings rooms are some 30 foot below next to a well-used children play area.

Across the road is a newly built Filco supermarket with a surprisingly retro selection of goods, so we had coconut ice and cream soda as refreshments.

The Welsh League ground of Caerau FC is only 400 yds or so away,this looked a lot better kept than when I saw a game there on 6 April 2002,presumably work was carried out before their re-entry into the Welsh League.

PS J.Hack (above) is spot on about Hereford.

Last new Belgian beer: Lupulus (formerly Trois Fourquets) Triple 8.5% bc (808)

UKPunk

Mar 8, 2011, 10:33 PM

Post #134 of 138 (2906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Saturday 5th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

No Tim, it wasn't aimed at you. The point I was trying to make is that these terms can often cause more offence to 'onlookers' than to the people they are aimed at. Furthermore, these labels sometimes evolve into different meanings that many are unaware of. I hate discrimination as much as the next person but have on a number of occasions seen people take things out of context because the meaning of a term has changed over time without their knowledge.

If the remarks made earlier on in the thread were said with a genuinely racist intent then I do of course distance myself from them. I'm all for giving them the benefit of a doubt, especially as if there was any overt racism posted on the forum I'm sure the mods would be on it in a flash.

Chorley2002
First Team Star

Mar 8, 2011, 11:02 PM

Team(s): Ilford and Thorne Colliery.

Post #135 of 138 (2894 views)
Shortcut
Saturday 5th March. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ryman League Division One North
Romford 0 Tilbury 3
Admission 8
Programme 2

Not my first choice today as I intended to watch a game in the Romford & District League at the nearby Thames Rugby Club in South Ockendon. Upon arrival there I only saw the football nets up, but nobody around. Have since found out that the club that was supposed to be at home at the Thames Rugby Club now play their home matches at Aveley Sports and Social Club. Aveley FC is only a two minute drive from the rugby club so I arrived in plenty of time for kick off.
Would never have put his one down as an away win, but by half time the visitors had gone into a 2-0 lead. Romford pushed forward alot more than the visitors throughout he match. A third Tilbury goal made the game safe and the home side's afternoon got worse when reduced to ten men following a red card.

A decent game.

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Mar 9, 2011, 1:32 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #136 of 138 (2801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chorley2002] Saturday 5th March. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Carshalton Athletic 0-1 Harrow Borough; Isthmian Premier Division
Admission: 10; Prog: 2; Att: About 200

With yet more advanced train tickets to use up on East Coast, I was in London before 9.30am again and decided the previous night to do my first Isthmian League game.
This was a very enjoyable day on the beer, with not a single bad pint purchased, although the game itself left a lot to be desired!
My trek started out at the Whispering Moon (Wetherspoons) in Wallington, which is a good one for beer choice (Westerhams Finchcocks Original, Good), then a trip further along the line to Sutton - where the Cock & Bull was closed until 12 Mad. So a quick Bombarder at the Old Bank (Good again) before the short bus ride to the Windsor Castle (St. Austell Tribute, Very Good). After that it was left to sample Carshalton's finest with the Greyhound Hotel (Youngs Special, Very Good), Racehorse (Cotleigh Barn Owl, Good), The Hope (Dark Star Good) and finally the Railway (George Gale Seafarers Ale, Very Good) before the match.
The ground consists of a large covered terrace on one side, covered ends behind boths goals (although one is quite a small and narrow) and an ample covered seated stand down the clubhouse side. I noticed on the website it served real ale, but couldn't find any on sale.
The match was best left forgotten in my view! Rocky Baptiste scored the only goal of the game - a player I've noted throughout the last few years as regularly on scorers lists - with not the best of finishes into the corner, the ball just getting out of the reach of the 'keeper. The Robins huffed and puffed but never really looked like scoring and could do with a regular goal-getter in their ranks. Harrow came closest to scoring again when a header hit the bar, and that was that.
Post match, I had time to tick off two on my 'to do' list for a while in Victoria. The Jugged Hare (Fullers Bengal Lancer, OK) and Willow Walk Wetherspoons (Nethergate Sussex Border, Very Good) were the last alcoholic beverages enjoyed before the journey back to Yorkshire.
Good day out Smile

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

UKPunk

Mar 11, 2011, 9:35 PM

Post #137 of 138 (2678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] Saturday 5th March. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Saturday 5th March
Isthmian League Premier Division
Cray Wanderers (0)2 Concord Rangers (0)1 KO 3:00 Att'ce 127
Entrance 10 Programme 2

The first 45 minutes of this encounter were as dire as I've ever seen in all my years of watching football. Both teams seemed content to lump the ball up in the air with no particular importance as to the direction in which it was propelled. The second half looked destined to replicate the torpor of the first when, against all previous convention, a free kick taken by Jack Clark was flighted onto the boot of Tony Dolby who flicked the ball past the Concord 'keeper to give Cray the lead after 63 minutes.

Suddenly the game became entertaining as the teams tried the novel idea of passing the ball on the ground. Cray went 2-0 up after 69 minutes when Leigh Bremner thumped home a loose ball following a corner. Eleven minutes remained when a long ball over the top was latched on by Tony Stokes who skillfully rounded the 'keeper before tucking the ball away to halve his team's deficit and give them a chance of getting something from the game. But little happened in the time remaining, giving Cray the points and consequently putting a dent in Concord's push for a play-off place.

Risto1980
Junior Team Star

Mar 12, 2011, 10:40 PM

Team(s): See Below....

Post #138 of 138 (2594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Saturday 5th March. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Warminster Road
Sheffield and Hallamshire County Senior League Division One
Sheffield Athletic 2-1 Thorpe Hesley

Att: 15~ish

After another bout of torrential rain in Sheffield put pay to my original plan of going to Hallam and then also my second choice (where I turned up at 2pm to find the ground shut and no game on!!) I finally made it to Warminster Road for this County Senior League game midway through the first half.

Warminster Rd formerly held youth team matches for Sheffield Utd and is also the home ground of Sheffield Universities teams and while the pitch Sheffield Ath use is only roped off the pitch itself is in excellent condition (generally all year round).

Fortunately when we arrived it was still 0-0. Thorpe Hesley took the lead, but Athletic hit back with two goals in the last twenty mins to take the poitns. Not a great game, but better than an afternoon in front of the telly that was looking likely at one point!

Season 2011/12:
Games: 19
Goals per game: 3.79
Last New Ground: Woodhams Park, Dukinfield Town

Teams Supported: Hallam, Brandon United, Sheffield FC, Sheffield United, Edinburgh United, Durham City, Hannover 96, CD Magallanes, Greenock Morton, Arbroath, Stalybridge Celtic, Mossley, Ashton United, FC Bremerhaven, Norton Woodseats, Bolivar, Kaiserslautern, FC Hallein 04.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3