Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 2, 2011, 10:58 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #1 of 13 (2341 views)
Shortcut
Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was at Stamford Bridge this evening, but saw no programmes anywhere. Am I right in presuming they never issued? Was anyone else there who knows?

Grounds visited: 735
Last new ground: Biggleswade Town FC; Langford Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. (Evo-Stik League South Premier Division Central)
Last game: Sunday 27th January 2019: Crystal Palace 0, Durham 2. [FA Women's Super League 2]
Matches watched this season: 115
2017/18-New English grounds: 12; & foreign: 2

Les
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 2, 2011, 11:48 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Brentford, Celtic, Kingstonian

Post #2 of 13 (2336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When they played Arsenal in an earlier round they didn't issue to the public. There were press sheets which players families also got. They were a single sided colour team sheet.

You might be able to download on from their website. This was an option on the website for the Arsenal game but the link never worked when i tried.

I have since got hold of a copy of the Arsenal teamsheet.

A friend saw a players brother with a sheet and Chelsea had told him NOT to give it to anyone.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Mar 3, 2011, 3:19 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #3 of 13 (2279 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Les] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mishi, they didn't issue for the Barnsley game in the round previous either
They used to issue teamsheets for the Saturday morning games at Cobham with the teamsheets being available from reception but stopped this season with the receptionist telling me I could download one from the website if I needed one.
So far this season I've been at Fulham, QPR, Brentford and Chelsea and none have issued. Wycombe issued a teamsheet last season priced at 50p which went towards youth development apparently

Fatboyfat
Reserve Team Star

Mar 3, 2011, 4:20 PM

Post #4 of 13 (2266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rule 17 of the FA Youth cup rules states that a programme or teamsheet must be issued for all games, and must be available to the public. Of course a lot of clubs still don't comply with this rule and as this is Chelsea we are talking about here, then no action will be taken by the FA.

I wonder if this can be put down to fear of other clubs poaching players? I was at the Crewe v Liverpool Academy match last Saturday where no team sheet was issued. Crewe officials told me they never list the names of their teams anywhere or refer to players by name in the match reports on their web site for just this reason. Their match report listed the two Liverpool scorers names, but not their own.

ladderman

Mar 3, 2011, 6:29 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #5 of 13 (2248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The paranoia of football clubs is highly amusing

dottirofhod

Mar 3, 2011, 6:33 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #6 of 13 (2246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fatboyfat] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thought I gave you the Alex team sheet/squad (U 18) ?

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 273 /231 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 15 / 06 / 2019.
0-0's are standing at 18.
Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0-0). Lux = 0-0. Neth-= 0-0-0-(0 - 0).
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Steelback
First Team Star

Mar 3, 2011, 7:03 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #7 of 13 (2239 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The paranoia of football clubs is highly amusing

or it might be due to child protection laws with some players maybe being under 16 and therefore their details can't be advertised because of sex offenders and paedophiles and that is why teamsheets would only be allowed to be shown to families and registered club people.

I liked the previous post though saying the FA would take not action 'because it's Chelsea'. Now THAT is paranoia Smile

Northamptonshire Steelbacks 2013 & 2016 T20 Winners

hotchkiss
First Team Sub

Mar 3, 2011, 7:13 PM

Team(s): wolves,non league

Post #8 of 13 (2237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fatboyfat] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Rule 17 of the FA Youth cup rules states that a programme or teamsheet must be issued for all games, and must be available to the public. Of course a lot of clubs still don't comply with this rule and as this is Chelsea we are talking about here, then no action will be taken by the FA.

I wonder if this can be put down to fear of other clubs poaching players? I was at the Crewe v Liverpool Academy match last Saturday where no team sheet was issued. Crewe officials told me they never list the names of their teams anywhere or refer to players by name in the match reports on their web site for just this reason. Their match report listed the two Liverpool scorers names, but not their own.

I have a black/white teamsheet for the Crewe v Wolves academy game on Saturday 13th November 2010.It lists both teams.Not sure if they were given out on the day or not.

ladderman

Mar 4, 2011, 8:32 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #9 of 13 (2160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Are you sure it's a law that you can't name a child in public? Because I was in an east London school the other day where there was a whole wall full of kids pictures, with their name, age, class and what subject they'd excelled in.

Let's face it, by the second half of the season, the vast majority of an under-18 team are over 16, and even if a club didn't want to name the 1 or 2 under-16s in the side, they could leave them off the team-sheet.

Maybe Chelsea are just above the rules.

acmold

Mar 4, 2011, 10:07 AM

Post #10 of 13 (2149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or

Liverpool FC TV (Sky 434 - not a stand along subscription channel like Chelsea or Man Utd) gives good coverage to their Academy sides, shows highlights from most games - giving out names off opponants in the commentary, shows F.A. Youth Cup games live, has interviews with youth players. They have an Academy round-up giving all fixtures for the coming week, quite often saying where the games are being played, tell people they are most welcome to attend games at Melwood and even say if they can go to away games. They never seem to hide anything.

A an aside yesterday they showed the reserve game away to Blackpool (kick-off 2pm) live and last Monday they showed their home game against Blackburn at Tranmere live..

SUFCEssex
Youth Team Regular

Mar 4, 2011, 8:51 PM

Post #11 of 13 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Liverpool didn't produce a team sheet or programme when they played Southend in the youth cup.

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 5, 2011, 12:15 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 13 (2015 views)
Shortcut

I have 58 of the 66 programmes/teamsheets issued from the 3rd Round onwards last season
and am heading towards a similar number this season.

Chelsea and many others usually issue an A4 single sheet
Some clubs produce colour, some black & white
A few have both - colour for VIP/Press and black & white for public

A few clubs had programmes as well as teamsheets

Looking through last seasons from the 3rd Round onwards the clubs (or supporters clubs)
that produced something with additional text were -
Stockport, Torquay, Plymouth, Milton Keynes, Preston, Tranmere,
Northampton, Sheffield W., Bolton, Stoke, Brighton, Burnley,
Sunderland, West Ham and Fulham

Plymouth and Stockport would receive my "awards"

In Rounds 1 & 2 York and Notts Co deserve a mention

The Qualifying Rounds progs produced by non league clubs, often sent on to me by residents of this parish,
are consistently of a higher standard than those produced the members of the 92.

Mishi

Mar 5, 2011, 6:37 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #13 of 13 (2000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Chelsea v. Watford FAYC 2/3/11 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"Chelsea and many others usually issue an A4 single sheet"

They may well do, but this is England, not mainland Europe!

A 'programme' as in a team sheet is only classed as having been issued if it's available to the majority of the crowd by the turnstiles.

If they do one for 'VIP guests' & players relatives in the executive area this does not count as having 'issued' as far as I'm concerned.

But as long as the FA are happy, who cares about ordinary fnas eh?

Grounds visited: 735
Last new ground: Biggleswade Town FC; Langford Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. (Evo-Stik League South Premier Division Central)
Last game: Sunday 27th January 2019: Crystal Palace 0, Durham 2. [FA Women's Super League 2]
Matches watched this season: 115
2017/18-New English grounds: 12; & foreign: 2

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3