Feb 25, 2011, 10:14 AM

Post #1 of 15 (5325 views)
Shortcut
Applications to the Combined Counties Can't Post or Reply Privately

Three this season.

Guernsey FC
Spelthorne Sports (Surrey Elite)
Indian Gymkhana (Middlesex County)

Guernsey we all know about, Spelthorne Sports have a bit more work to do on their ground before March 31st in order to get promoted, Indian Gymkhana may not finish in a promotion position (top two I believe). I don't know what their ground's like but there was no mention of it in the announcement so presume it's OK.

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 25, 2011, 11:40 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #2 of 15 (5296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Three this season.

Guernsey FC

Guernsey we all know about, Spelthorne Sports have a bit more work to do on their ground before March 31st in order to get promoted, Indian Gymkhana may not finish in a promotion position (top two I believe). I don't know what their ground's like but there was no mention of it in the announcement so presume it's OK.

Are Spelthorne and Indian Gymkhana floodlit?

sandhurstbee

Feb 25, 2011, 1:11 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #3 of 15 (5254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Three this season.

Guernsey FC

No!

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Sarumio

Feb 25, 2011, 1:30 PM

Post #4 of 15 (5244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Three this season.

Guernsey FC

No!

Then surely they won't be allowed up or am I missing something? I thought Step 6 was meant to be all-floodlit from now on?

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Feb 25, 2011, 2:00 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #5 of 15 (5231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spelthorne Sports' ground is next to a busy main road - the A308 linking Ashford to Sunbury - and the nearest houses to the pitch are on the opposite side of the road, a good 30 yards away.

I remember an Ashford Town fan who lives near Spelthorne Sports' ground telling me a couple of years ago that several Sports committee members live(d) opposite the ground and didn't think there'd be many objections to the club getting lights. Maybe as a precedent, if you look up the main road towards Sunbury you can see the huge lights installed a few years back for Kempton Park racecourse.

Apart from the lights, Spelthorne Sports would probably need to install spectator cover and fill in the gaps in the sturdy metal fence which runs down the flank nearest to the main road.

(This post was edited by Ashtree RockBee on Feb 25, 2011, 2:04 PM)

VP

Feb 25, 2011, 4:39 PM

Post #6 of 15 (5175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm sure Mr Constable won't mind me copying his post on FansFocus here.

There have been three definite applications to join the League next season. They are from Guernsey FC, Spelthorne Sports FC (Surrey Elite League) and Indian Gymkhana FC (MIddlesex County League). There is plenty about Guernsey's application elsewhere. Spelthorne Sports have been inspected and have some work to do before 31 March, which they hope to complete. They are at the top of the Elite League and look likely to finish in a promotion position. Indian Gymkhana, who currently play in Osterley, are in mid-table in the Middlesex County League and do not look likely at this stage to finish in a promotion position, so their application is currently in abeyance. Any club wishing to transfer to the CCL from another league, other than through promotion, has to apply to the National Leagues Committee of the Football Association, who will make any decisions. The League has no say in this.

The Management Committee feels that all clubs in Div 1 should now be reaching the required standards as laid down by the FA and intends to propose at the AGM that all clubs in Division One must meet the full requirements of Grade G, including floodlights, in time for the 2013-2014 season. In other words clubs would have two more seasons in which to fully comply, failing which they would be demoted. To avoid stagnation, new clubs, who meet the CCL's current reduced entry criteria would still be allowed in, but would then have two seasons from the date of entry in which to achieve lights and all other requirements. As always, everything is subject to FA approval.

Farnborough North End will have until 31 May in which to enter into an acceptable ground share or, of course, find their own acceptable ground, if they wish to continue in the League next season. The present "roaming" arrangement is only up to the end of the present season.

Clubs seeking promotion from Div 1 to the Premier (i.e. the top three) have until 31 March to reach the requirements of Grade G, and then a further 12 months in which to reach Grade F.

AdamKing
Junior Team Star

May 14, 2011, 5:15 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Gloucester City, Cambridge United

Post #7 of 15 (3799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have heard that Farnborough North End are looking to ground-share with either Cove or Farnborough Reserves for next season (source Non League UK).

Also, Farnborough Reserves could be changing their name back to Bisley FC.

Your Talents Are The Wings Your Dreams Will Use To Fly

HarryC
First Team Star

May 15, 2011, 6:02 PM

Team(s): Fleet, Aldershot, Chelsea

Post #8 of 15 (3612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AdamKing] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There was mention on another thread the Fleet Spurs were looking at possible transfer from Wessex.

VP

May 18, 2011, 10:07 AM

Post #9 of 15 (3276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HarryC] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

CCL movers.
Up from the Prem - either Guildford or Chertsey.
Up from Div 1 - South Park & Farnham Town
Resigning from the league - Hayes Gate (disbanding).

That's the definites.
Farnborough North End and Chobham may also be resigning from the league.

Farnborough Reserves, South Kilburn and Rayners Lane expressed an interest in switching from the Hellenic League. No doubt this in the hands of the FA.

Coming into the league subject to a vote at the AGM -

Guernsey
Spelthorne Sports (Surrey Elite champions, as such, they may not be subject to a vote)
Old Farnboronians (from the Aldershot & District League)

The league has shown it's as bad as the others by recommending Old Farnboronians acceptance.
Indian Gymkhana applied but, as they'll only finish third at best, the league have said they haven't finished high enough to be promoted yet Old Farnboronians finish second in a step 8 division and that is deemed high enough, probably due to the fact they'll be playing at the Cody S&S next season (Farnborough North End's old ground).

(This post was edited by VP on May 18, 2011, 10:18 AM)

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

May 18, 2011, 10:25 AM

Team(s): Venezia Mestre 1987

Post #10 of 15 (3256 views)
Shortcut

Does anybody know why Hayes Gate are disbanding?

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 18, 2011, 12:49 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #11 of 15 (3182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VMFC1987] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

After only one season in CCL1, probably because everybody's lost interest. I believe Hayes Gate was the name taken by Technicolour Sports first team when they went from the London Commercial League to the Middlesex County League. Their Springfield Road ground couldn't be brought up to Step 6 grading so they've been playing out of Hanwell Town this season, so that's probably where any money went.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

VP

May 20, 2011, 11:57 PM

Post #12 of 15 (2815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Applications to the Combined Counties [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The news today that Windsor will be in the CCL Premier next season means that Bookham will be relegated to Division 1.

Sarumio

May 21, 2011, 4:49 PM

Post #13 of 15 (2696 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The news today that Windsor will be in the CCL Premier next season means that Bookham will be relegated to Division 1.

Dispicable!

VP

May 21, 2011, 7:53 PM

Post #14 of 15 (2634 views)
Shortcut

A few things spring to mind.
Firstly, why have the FA put them in the CCL? If they let Farnborough ressies / South Kilburn and possibly Rayners Lane move across they're sending out a strong signal to the Hellenic League that it needs to move westwards a bit. Maybe they want to get the Hellenic down to one step 6 division and force the unfloodlit clubs out.

Secondly, with Windsor's alleged budget, it looks like the CCL will be a waste of time next season for most clubs. We may as well use it as a re-building season and give the youth players some experience. It wouldn't be such a problem at any other level but with only one promotion place available it basically kills the league off. Having said that, they were probably saying the same thing about Kings Lynn in the UCL this season.

Thirdly, why not Division 1? I don't think Windsor would have complained too loudly but I suppose the FA have come out with their 2 step drop thing for re-formed clubs.
Bookham must be pissed off but then they did finish bottom so they can't complain too much about being relegated. It would have happened if Worcester Park were able to come up from Div 1.
I don't know if there are any more surprises at step 5 still to be put on us but Croydon are next in line for the drop although I'd guess Horsham YMCA are Sussex League bound which is really the only team they need to worry about.

(This post was edited by VP on May 21, 2011, 7:54 PM)

VP

Jun 3, 2011, 10:45 AM

Post #15 of 15 (2076 views)
Shortcut

We've had an update regarding the proposed constitution. http://www.nonleague.co.uk/...3-ccl-league-set-up/

PROMOTED FROM PREMIER DIVISION: Chertsey Town (or Guildford City, depending upon the outcome of their arbitration case)

DIRECTED TO THE PREMIER DIVISION BY THE FA: Windsor

RELEGATED FROM THE PREMIER DIVISION: Bookham

PROMOTED FROM DIVISION ONE: Farnham Town and South Park

RESIGNATIONS FROM DIVISION ONE: Chobham, Farnborough North End and Hayes Gate

DIRECTED TO DIVISION ONE: South Kilburn

ELECTION TO DIVISION ONE: Guernsey and Spelthorne Sports

This will restore the Premier Division to 22 clubs with 18 in Division One, unless anything else changes.

The applications of Farnborough Res and Old Farnboronians failed, principally because they were made after the FA's imposed deadline of 31 December. Rayners Lane only ever made a telephone enquiry which was not followed up. Indian Gymkhana did not finish in a promotion position.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3