Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Archive: Other FA Competitions:
Alternative venue required for FA Sunday Cup final

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Feb 5, 2011, 8:21 AM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #1 of 3 (10611 views)
Shortcut
Alternative venue required for FA Sunday Cup final Can't Post or Reply Privately

Liverpool FC have advised the FA that they are unable to host this season's FA Sunday Cup final, due to 'other fixture commitments'.

I'm not exactly sure what this is, as Liverpool are due to play Newcastle United at Anfield on Saturday 30th April. The Sunday Cup final is schedule for the day after, so unless the TV powers that be have decided to move the game forward by 24 hours, I can't see what other commitments Liverpool have.

Liverpool are away at Fulham the following week, so why not move the Sunday Cup final to the 8th of May? It would be a shame if two Liverpool sides made it to the final only for it to be played elsewhere (unless the FA stage it at Goodison Park!).

The FA hope to announce the final venue after the semi final games have been played on 20th March.

AndrewG
First Team Star

Feb 5, 2011, 1:20 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 3 (10578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] Alternative venue required for FA Sunday Cup final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

One good thing about this is waiting till the finalists are known before confirming the venue, something the FA should have been doing all along. Last season's final, for example, between teams from Durham and Boston, would have been far better played at somewhere like Hull or Leeds.

And whilst Anfield is geographically convenient for me, I certainly won't be sorry if the game is played at a venue that houses spectators along the side of the pitch, rather than the ridiculous insistence they all sit behind the goal.

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 7, 2011, 11:53 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #3 of 3 (10484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewG] Alternative venue required for FA Sunday Cup final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I very much agree and although probably unlikely this seasons final could be Bedfont Sunday (West London) v Knighton Arms (Southampton).

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3