Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Where are you going - where did you go? OTHER SPORTS!!

First page Previous page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next page Last page  View All

mxhornet
First Team Regular

Oct 26, 2018, 9:20 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #651 of 659 (824 views)
Shortcut
Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thursday 25-10-18 7pm
Hollies - 27 L&B Vixens - 25
Friendly
Hellesdon Community Centre

Called upon as an emergency umpire for this fixture. A very decent game to be present at, a close game that threatened to go one way then the other then back again. Quarter scores of 8-8, 12-15, 24-19 and finally 27-25.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

mxhornet
First Team Regular

Oct 28, 2018, 3:40 PM

Post #652 of 659 (611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Where are you going - where did you go? OTHER SPORTS! [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 28-10-18 @ 1230

Norfolk United - 57 Charnwood Rutland Warriors - 55

Mizuno England Netball Premier League Division 3

Langley Prep School, Taverham Hall

Attendance - 50ish

A very tight first quarter with the both teams leading at different points before a late goal run for Charnwood to lead 18-15. Charnwood's momentum carried on in to second quarter and they stretched the lead to six goals before NU pegged them back to be 27-30 down at half time. NU had the better of the third quarter to close the gap to one goal going in to last period. NU turned the game around in the last quarter but were made to work hard to hang on for the win by Charnwood who had won all three games prior to today.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

mxhornet
First Team Regular

Nov 1, 2018, 7:40 AM

Post #653 of 659 (474 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wednesday 31st October 2018 1-30pm
University of East Anglia 2nds - 30 University of Leicester 3rds - 35
BUCS Midlands 5B
UEA Sportspark

The game was very scrappy for the first five minutes or so with a distinct lack of goals before UEA started to pull out a bit of a lead that was pegged back to 9-7 at the end od the first quarter. Leicester improved in the second quarter to turn it around and lead 17-16 at half time, by three quarter time they had extended their lead (26-22) and just had the better of the last quarter to win by 5.

I was acting as scorer for the game.

mxhornet
First Team Regular

Nov 4, 2018, 6:20 AM

Post #654 of 659 (399 views)
Shortcut

Saturday 3rd November 11-30am
Norfolk United1 - 40 Billericay - 49
East Region League Division One
Langley Preparatory School, Taverham Hall

Acting as scorer for Norfolk United. A close game until last quarter, Billericay 12-10 up after first quarter which they'd stretched to 24-21 by half time. A drawn third quarter brought the score to 35-32, in the last quarter Billericay were on top and extended their lead to 49-40 by the end.

Saturday 3rd November 1-30pm
Norfolk United2 - 39 Hatfield Hawks - 38
East Region League Division Two
Langley Preparatory School, Taverham Hall

For game two I covered the timing for NU. After the first quarter NU led 12-8 and HH gradually chipped away at their lead but fell just short of getting a draw. Half time, 22-19 and then 31-29 at three quarter time and then just one goal in it at full time.

mxhornet
First Team Regular

Nov 7, 2018, 9:07 AM

Post #655 of 659 (322 views)
Shortcut
Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Tuesday 06-11-18 7 pm
Norwich City Flyers - 31 Norwich Medics - 7
Friendly

City Academy Norwich

The first game of a busy week of netball umpiring for me, another friendly to cover this evening and then two fixtures to cover on Thursday evening in Norwich Junior League. NCF got of to a flying start and led 11-0 at the first break and pulled further ahead by half time but Medics had improved quite a bit during this period (17-4), NCF pushed further ahead in by three quarter time (24-5) NCF had the best of the last quarter to win by 31-7.

mxhornet
First Team Regular

Nov 8, 2018, 7:37 AM

Post #656 of 659 (260 views)
Shortcut

Wednesday 07-11-18 7pm
Hollies - 20 Panthers - 41
Friendly
Hellesdon Community Centre

Acting as
umpire for this fixture. Like Tuesday's game pretty one-sided right from the start, Panthers 12-2 up by the end of the first quarter and after a tighter second quarter 20-8. Panthers stretched the lead to 32-12 by three quarter time and following a far more even last quarter Panthers won 41-20.

(This post was edited by mxhornet on Nov 8, 2018, 7:40 AM)

mxhornet
First Team Regular

Nov 9, 2018, 7:30 AM

Post #657 of 659 (218 views)
Shortcut

Thursday 08-11-18 7pm
Norfolk United Tornado - 23 Norfolk United Rubies - 1
Norwich & District Junior League
UEA Sportspark

Thursday 27-09-18 7-45pm
Thoroughbreds Black - 10 Norfolk United Lightning - 5
Norwich & District Junior League
UEA Sportspark

I was umpire for both games. First game was just as one-sided as the score suggests quarter scores - 8-0, 14-0, 18-1 and finally 23-1. The second game was very close for two quarters before TB Black edged ahead in the second half, quarter scores 3-2, 4-3, 8-5 and by the end 10-5.

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Nov 9, 2018, 7:53 PM

Post #658 of 659 (171 views)
Shortcut

On holiday in Malaysia, and two race fixtures took place while I was there, so it would have been rude not to pop along

Saturday 27 October: Penang Turf Club, George Town, Penang
Admission 6RM (1.20ish), plus a further 20RM transfer if you wanted to use the glass-fronted, air conditioned lounge.

A pleasant but small course on the western side of town which has been running fixtures since 1864. Lots of elevated viewing with seating to give a good view of the track. Not the same access to the horses as you often get at British courses - no standing at the rail of the parade ring, and the appearances in the ring were much briefer, just a couple of circuits in strict number order.

A standard oval of 1900m, albeit with a tighter bend on one side than the other, with a card of 8 races between 1100m and 1700m, so it was short, sharp action. The live races were punctuated by telecasts from Macau and Moonee Valley and Randwick in Australia so I got to see Winx win the Cox Plate. All the races, live and broadcast were roared home by an enthusiastic betting audience. It was a tote/pool system only with all the usual bets available.

A range of local food was available in the concourse which, on my first full day in the country was a bit hit-and-hope, but the ever reliable tactic of watching a few people in the queue and pointing/waving "I'll have the same as him" stood me in good stead to get a very tasty plate of mixed noodles and prawns for about 1.20.

Sunday 4 November: Selangor Turf Club, Kuala Lumpur
Admission 6RM (1.20ish). A similar a/c lounge was available, but I didn't indulge this time - a combination of some light cloud taking the edge off the heat and having acclimatised over the previous 10 days or so!

A much bigger facility, clearly capable of coping with much bigger crowds for day such as the local Triple Crown events. The turf club has been going since 1896 but only moved to this site in the 90s when their city centre venue was finally deemed just too much trouble with choking traffic etc.

Another standard oval, but with a short cut inner curve (as at Kempton) to give circuits of 1800m and 2000m. A marathon 11 race card consisted of five 1200m races followed by six 1400m events. Highlight of the card was the Supreme Challenge Cup with a purse of 102,500RM (just over 20k), by far the biggest of the two meetings. Much bigger facilities out back too, with an entire food court going on with a huge range of stuff to choose from. Ten days familiarity with local cuisine meant I was far more confident in ordering!

The telecasts from Singapore and Sha Tin in Hong Kong drew the same level of interest as before, and allowed me to see the 'enigmatic' Pakistan Star race in HK, but he found the going all too much and didn't produce a back to front barnstomer as he has in the past.

One nasty incident on the track saw one horse squeezed into the rail on the apex of the bend turning for home. Because of the inner/outer curve arrangement, the space the loose horse was running in gradually narrowed to nothing and it ended up bursting back through the (fortunately flimsy) running rail ending up back on the main course though well behind the field. The jockey was also largely OK though stood down for his remaining rides.

Two good afternoons out of my holiday, and another outpost of racing visited which is always interesting. Both courses easy to reach. I got a taxi from central George Town to Penang as I was just arrived still finding my way around. I got the driver to meet me just after the final race - a good move since the heavens opened on the way home. To get to Selangor I took the local metro system to Sungat Besi station from where there is a regular free shuttle bus to and from the course. Just come out of the station, down the steps, and head for clutch of locals scrutinising the racing form in the paper! An elderly bus will shortly arrive.

Hodders
Youth Team Regular

Nov 12, 2018, 10:45 PM

Team(s): FC United of Manchester, Carlton Town, Manchester Rangers (RL)

Post #659 of 659 (60 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Netball [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You may have seen the posts in this weekend's football topics that I'll be spending a long weekend in Barcelona. In addition to the four football matches on the Saturday and Sunday, I'll also be at the following:

Friday 16th November
20:45: Futsal - Industrias Santa Coloma v Aspil Vidal Ribera Navarra (LNFS Premier Division)

Saturday 17th November
20:30 - Roller Hockey - PHC Sant Cugat v CP Calafell Tot L'Any (OKLiga) - No less than 45 minutes after football the other side of the town.

FC United Co-Owner and Carlton Town FC Statkeeper

First page Previous page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3