Britannia United or Knighton Arms v Paddock
Bedfont Sunday v Comets Sports Club

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 24, 2011, 5:12 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #2 of 16 (19032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another home draw for Bedfont who fancy their chances of going all the way after the win over Wonford United.

Britannia Utd or Knighton Arms v Paddock looks good and the other two are north/south games.

Mishi

Jan 24, 2011, 9:08 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #3 of 16 (19005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Superb game at Bedfont on Sunday, hope to be back for the next round. But might go to Brittania, who are playing at Aylesbury FC, if they get through, as I haven't been there before. Could go to see them this Sunday of course...having just looked at the fixtures.

Grounds visited: 735
Last new ground: Biggleswade Town FC; Langford Road, Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. (Evo-Stik League South Premier Division Central)
Last game: Sunday 27th January 2019: Crystal Palace 0, Durham 2. [FA Women's Super League 2]
Matches watched this season: 115
2017/18-New English grounds: 12; & foreign: 2

(This post was edited by Mishi on Jan 24, 2011, 9:48 PM)

Isaac

Jan 24, 2011, 9:46 PM

Post #4 of 16 (18999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was at Bedfont yesterday, I quite fancy Britannia Utd v Paddock at Aylesbury, although I've been there before, but if Knighton Arms get through they play at Hythe & Dibden near Southampton which might be a bit of a treck on a Sunday so I'll probably go back to Bedfont again.

Some great games in this competition and its usually only a couple of quid to get in.

Isaac

Jan 30, 2011, 4:01 PM

Post #5 of 16 (18814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Britannia Utd 0 Knighton Arms 4

Wade-nonleague
Ballboy/girl

Feb 18, 2011, 6:54 PM

Team(s): Liverpool, Afc liverpool, Formby, Bootle

Post #6 of 16 (18343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Ties to be played on Sunday 20th February:

Oyster Martyrs v Club Lewsey
Salisbury Athletic or Mariners v Northampton Duke of York
Britannia United or Knighton Arms v Paddock
Bedfont Sunday v Comets Sports Club

Salilbury Atheletic vs Mariners ended 3-2 to the mariners, great game. Mariners will play Northampton Duke of York this sunday

“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”

Beano
Reserve Team Star

Feb 20, 2011, 11:38 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Prescot Cables

Post #7 of 16 (18211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wade-nonleague] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My day job took me to the Bedfont Sunday v Comets Sports Club game this afternoon, and despite the result going the "wrong" way from a Middlesex perspective, I throughly enjoyed what was a cracking game on a freezing cold afternoon.

Comets were the better side early on, but had three efforts cleared off the line (two in the same attack) and then found themselves behind after being hit on the counter attack. That was the half-time score, but Comets turned the tie around in the second half with a couple of rapid-fire goals - one a sweet counter of their own, the other classic "route one" - defender takes goal kick, it bounces once and striker half-volleys it into the net.

Bedfont threw the kitchen sink at Comets, but left themselves exposed at the back, conceding a stoppage time penalty. Oddly, the keeper tipped it onto the post, whereupon it rolled along the goal line and allowed him to save. Roared on by the bulk of the near-200 crowd, Bedfont went back up t'other end, only to scuff a great chance to equalise.

All this... and not a single yellow card!

A proper match report will be on MiddlesexFA.com in the morning - will post the link.

VP

Feb 20, 2011, 11:45 PM

Post #8 of 16 (18209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Beano] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Roared on by the bulk of the near-200 crowd, Bedfont went back up t'other end, only to scuff a great chance to equalise.

Bloomin' glory hunters. Tongue

Do many of the Sunday side play for Sports on a Saturday? And wasn't the club linked to Bedfont FC rather than Sports in the past?
I was intending to go but forgot it was today until about 1.30pm. By then it was too late.

Beano
Reserve Team Star

Feb 21, 2011, 12:17 AM

Post #9 of 16 (18199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm aware that Bedfont Sunday were previously linked to Bedfont FC, rather than Bedfont Sports.

However, I'm fairly sure that Sports only came about after Dave Reader (the Chairman of Bedfont Sports) left Bedfont FC. Apparently, he was instrumental in many of the facilities at The Orchard being built, but was cast aside, so dusted himself off and set up next door! I was shown around the new building that has been built (along with the 3G pitch) thanks to a big Football Foundation grant. It's a fantastic facility that any club would be proud of. In fact, with eight changing rooms, two grass pitches and a 3G surface, as well as a multi-use hall, they're set fair. All they need is a stand in the area between the pitches and they'll be about ready for Step 5.

The proximity of The Rec. to The Orchard allowed me a long distance view of the new stand installed at the latter by Bedfont Town and it looks very high for a 50 seater! I'll have to pay them a visit...

I know little about Bedfont Sports squad, but I did recognise Ryan Lake (ex-Ashford, Hampton & Richmond and currently playing on a Saturday "over the fence" at Bedfont Town) and Joe Johnson (back at Staines Lammas, I think, after spells at Ashford, Egham and Camberley (?)) in the red-and-black today.

VP

Feb 21, 2011, 12:30 AM

Post #10 of 16 (18196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Beano] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yeah, Joe Johnson's had two or three spells with us. He's a good player but never seems to settle down in one place.

Beano
Reserve Team Star

Feb 21, 2011, 9:39 AM

Post #11 of 16 (18174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] FA Sunday Cup - 5th round draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The report I promised last night is now online:

http://www.middlesexfa.com/...OutOfFASundayCup.htm

VP, this has the teams at the bottom, so may or may not help answer your question about the link between the Sports and Sunday squads.

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Feb 21, 2011, 12:46 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #12 of 16 (18153 views)
Shortcut

Hi Gareth

Thanks for the link. Excellent report, which I see has also made the FA's website!

They have also used most of the report I sent them for the Mariners v Duke of York game.

Beano
Reserve Team Star

Feb 21, 2011, 12:59 PM

Post #13 of 16 (18146 views)
Shortcut

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with the way the FA's website people have edited the report, but it's more exposure for Bedfont, so I'm happy enough.

It's also nice on a personal level to get something onto TheFA.com, which I've not done before.

Yesterday was the first time I'd been to an FA Sunday Cup game, but I would definitely recommend the competition to hoppers or football fans looking for an extra "fix" at the weekend.

Isaac

Feb 21, 2011, 1:18 PM

Post #14 of 16 (18140 views)
Shortcut

I certainly agree with you there, I only started watching the FA Sunday Cup last season and I've been really impressed with what I've seen, a chance to tick some more grounds as well.

Any idea when the semi final draw will be announced?

Beano
Reserve Team Star

Feb 21, 2011, 1:31 PM

Post #15 of 16 (18136 views)
Shortcut

I can't say I do have any idea when the draw will be released, but I would imagine it should be some time today.

VP

Feb 21, 2011, 6:48 PM

Post #16 of 16 (18105 views)
Shortcut

The draw was done this afternoon -

Northampton Duke of York v Oyster Martyrs
Comet Sports Club v Paddock

To be played Sunday 20th March. Venues TBA.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3