LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 3:04 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #26 of 48 (2997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hellenic_Fan] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was hoping for something around Manchester, like Abbey Hey, Ramsbottom, Radcliffe, Cheadle Town, but they'll probably all be off with the frost! I'm assuming Wigan Athletic has undersoil heating!

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

Hellenic_Fan
Youth Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 3:08 PM

Team(s):

Post #27 of 48 (2996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
This really is not looking good. I have advance tickets to London and the only non-league grounds I've been to there are Bromley and AFC Wimbledon. I've still got Dagenham & Redbridge in the league to visit too. Surely there must be something on (at step 6 or above). Scheduled for a maximum in Huddersfield of -5 tomorrow, so at least it should be warmer down there!

Watford should be a good standby if all else fails. Undersoil heating meant their game was one of the very few to go ahead a couple of weeks ago.

I appreciate the suggestion, thanksSmile. However, unless it is a new venue, I'm not really interested in going to Championship/Premiership games these days. The highest that might tempt me would be Brentford, who happen to be playing Huddersfield. But I'd prefer a non-league game (or Dagenham & Redbridge) if possible!

EDIT: Leyton Orient is already off, so doesn't bode well. Will also keep an eye out for London Welsh rugby union game

Millwall v Barnsley another one that should be on with undersoil,if you havn't already been there ?

I have, and it's not a particuarly tempting revisit, but thanks. Of league clubs, I'm just missing Dagenham & Redbridge in London itself, and MK Dons / Aldershot of those who have a home game and possibly within striking distance.

Latest from The Shots...looks hopefull and a nice easy one to do by train as well

http://www.theshots.co.uk/news/Aldershot50385.ink

I know there has been a fair bit of snow in M.K today,with more due round this way tonight.Good luck in finding a game on though,and have a safe trip down here and home again.

Games attended in season 2012/13 1
Goals seen : 4
Goal Average per game : 4.00

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2010, 3:28 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #28 of 48 (2969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hellenic_Fan] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
This really is not looking good. I have advance tickets to London and the only non-league grounds I've been to there are Bromley and AFC Wimbledon. I've still got Dagenham & Redbridge in the league to visit too. Surely there must be something on (at step 6 or above). Scheduled for a maximum in Huddersfield of -5 tomorrow, so at least it should be warmer down there!

Watford should be a good standby if all else fails. Undersoil heating meant their game was one of the very few to go ahead a couple of weeks ago.

I appreciate the suggestion, thanksSmile. However, unless it is a new venue, I'm not really interested in going to Championship/Premiership games these days. The highest that might tempt me would be Brentford, who happen to be playing Huddersfield. But I'd prefer a non-league game (or Dagenham & Redbridge) if possible!

EDIT: Leyton Orient is already off, so doesn't bode well. Will also keep an eye out for London Welsh rugby union game

Millwall v Barnsley another one that should be on with undersoil,if you havn't already been there ?

I have, and it's not a particuarly tempting revisit, but thanks. Of league clubs, I'm just missing Dagenham & Redbridge in London itself, and MK Dons / Aldershot of those who have a home game and possibly within striking distance.

Latest from The Shots...looks hopefull and a nice easy one to do by train as well

http://www.theshots.co.uk/news/Aldershot50385.ink

I know there has been a fair bit of snow in M.K today,with more due round this way tonight.Good luck in finding a game on though,and have a safe trip down here and home again.

Cheers, that's a good standby option. Shame South West trains are running a specially reduced service (hourly), arriving xx.55 tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (957) Kingsway Park Ashland Rovers 2-0 Underwood Villa
With FC United: 135
On the agenda:
22/10 Rocester v NKF Burbage
27/10 Floriana v Senglea Athletic

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2010, 3:29 PM

Post #29 of 48 (2964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Can confidently predict that nothing (except Cardiff City) will be played in South Wales tomorrow. Welsh League have already extended their season until May 28th.

http://www.welshleague.org.uk/...htm#EXTENSION_TO_SEA

Not quite, I'm afraid. Cardiff City off already.

On the agenda:

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2010, 3:38 PM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #30 of 48 (2947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Abandoned plans for a pre-Christmas visit to my girlfriend's folks in Surrey owing to the likely abysmal weather. Given the ice and snow forecast, a 500-mile round trip would be a foolhardy drive to attempt. Absolutely no chance of any games anywhere in North Yorkshire and the North East tomorrow. It hasn't snowed much in York over the last 24 hours, but the temperature was below freezing at lunchtime today - and is set to plummet overnight. Looking ahead, and taking into account what the weather people are forecasting, I can't see much sport surviving on Boxing Day either. Where am I going tomorrow? Not much further than the living room!

(This post was edited by Feversham Lens on Dec 17, 2010, 3:40 PM)

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 3:39 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #31 of 48 (2944 views)
Shortcut

Conditions have worsened at Brentford with recent snowfall and there is a pitch inspection when the ref can get there this afternoon. Been delayed by weather conditions apparently
Been snowing quite heavily in the Woking/Guildford area.
Pitch o.k. at AFC Wimbledon but covering of snow on the walkways around the ground and they've appealed for volunteers to sweep the snow away before nightfall tonight.
This is the end of the bad news bulletin Frown

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 17, 2010, 3:42 PM

Post #32 of 48 (2937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or

No more snow (yet) in Oxford, hopefully "Red Sky at Night" will come true as it quite a clear red sky at the moment.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 3:56 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #33 of 48 (2912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When I lived in Barnsley 'red sky at night' meant someone had usually set the fields on fire between the feuding villages of Elsecar and Jump Smile

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 9:12 PM

Post #34 of 48 (2735 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Will also keep an eye out for London Welsh rugby union game

**MATCH OFF**
London Welsh v Swansea game now switched to Esher RFC, kick off 1pm.

Edit Saturday morning: match off as Swansea can't travel

http://www.esherrugby.com/.../article.cfm?id=1404

About 400 yards from Hersham railway station

(This post was edited by Wheelbarrow on Dec 18, 2010, 10:07 AM)

acmold

Dec 18, 2010, 8:58 AM

Post #35 of 48 (2622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or

Oxford no snow overnight though it has been snowing this morning but not alot, not real snow flakes almost sleet, would be very hard to measure the depth.

Oxford United website says we had lower than expected tempartures overnight. It's quite mild this morning.

Appears most games have already been called off around here, many I presume due to the doom amd glum of the weather reports on TV, even last night we were told we would be getting up to 10cm overnight.

Would appear yesterday a line of snow came down the country more or less on a line of Coventry / Banbury / Aylesbury and then to the east of the Chilterns.

Tim

Dec 18, 2010, 9:03 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #36 of 48 (2608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

About half an inch of snow overnight in Stourbridge and some very light stuff still falling. Not outrageously cold overnight.

Kidderminster Harriers are saying if they can get the snow off the pitch this morning the game is in no serious doubt. That will do me unless I get a better offer.

KnowYourMarket

Dec 18, 2010, 9:05 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #37 of 48 (2606 views)
Shortcut

Light snow in Stoke now, currently -2 and about 2 inches lying on my lawn but the sky looks very grey. Probably CBA today but the missus may suggest shopping so I'll take a view later

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

acmold

Dec 18, 2010, 9:32 AM

Post #38 of 48 (2565 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or

Light snow in Oxford but everyone seems worried about what might happen later. It appears there is currently heavy snow on the Berkshire Downs and M4 corridor.

nervous rec
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 18, 2010, 9:42 AM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #39 of 48 (2546 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
About half an inch of snow overnight in Stourbridge and some very light stuff still falling. Not outrageously cold overnight.

Kidderminster Harriers are saying if they can get the snow off the pitch this morning the game is in no serious doubt. That will do me unless I get a better offer.

Tim, according to the Kidderminster website, the game is now off, due to trechorous conditions on the approach roads to the town

Divisions completed: SW Peninsula League Premier Division West, Welsh Premier League, JD Cymru South Division, JD Cyrmu North, Airtricity Irish Premier, Gibraltar Divisions 1 & 2

acmold

Dec 18, 2010, 9:56 AM

Post #40 of 48 (2518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nervous rec] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or

The snow is still coming down though still not that heavy and not large flakes but we now seem to have freezing fog and the temparture outside appears to be going down. I live on a main road and it would appear it has not been gritted as the traffic is certainly slowing down now, I do live on a hill which does not help.

royals26

Dec 18, 2010, 10:02 AM

Team(s): Reading

Post #41 of 48 (2500 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Light snow in Oxford but everyone seems worried about what might happen later. It appears there is currently heavy snow on the Berkshire Downs and M4 corridor.

....There certainly IS (Stanley! Wink)

... Full blanket of snow outside and was falling heavily here in Central Readin' - has now dropped to a light flurry but ditto on the nil gritting factor Unsure - no traffic outside at all and I live opposite RBH where the road is normally busy!

... and its quite a steep hill too!

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 18, 2010, 11:11 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #42 of 48 (2424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

West Oxfordshire/Outer Cheltenhamshire - the "hilly bit"
Looked out of the window at 07.00 this morning - just a light covering of snow on the cars, and I could see the tarmac of the road.
By 9 am, there was two inches of snow, and only a few 4x4s on the road.
The road is still passable with extreme care, but not many vehicles are bothering. The postman did make an appearance, thoughBlush

I'm staying in today - trying to keep warm.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

peter9
Youth Team Regular

Dec 18, 2010, 11:33 AM

Team(s):

Post #43 of 48 (2390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I was hoping for something around Manchester, like Abbey Hey, Ramsbottom, Radcliffe, Cheadle Town, but they'll probably all be off with the frost! I'm assuming Wigan Athletic has undersoil heating!

Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa ..............OFF............pitch perfect (undersoil heating) called off by the Police.
I wonder what would happen if the Police made Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys etc close down because of " dangerous conditions" ???

UKPunk

Dec 18, 2010, 11:40 AM

Post #44 of 48 (2363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peter9] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa ..............OFF............pitch perfect (undersoil heating) called off by the Police.
I wonder what would happen if the Police made Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys etc close down because of " dangerous conditions" ???

And they can't even use the excuse of wight of numbers as there's likely to be more people out doing their Christmas shopping at any of those stores today than there will be going to watch football at Wigan!! Crazy

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Trevor P
First Team Star

Dec 18, 2010, 11:58 AM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #45 of 48 (2313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Exeter City might just be the only club to play in Devon today - assuming the game still goes ahead!

Trevor P
First Team Star

Dec 18, 2010, 12:07 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #46 of 48 (2286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Phil reports that Hayle & Perranporth are ON. Pockets of possible additional action in West Cornwall but can't afford to hire a helicopter so will choose between a day at home or clearing the car of snow and heading for Exeter City. The first option seems favourite at present!

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 18, 2010, 12:11 PM

Post #47 of 48 (2276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Please can someone reply to a post of mine in the matches off thread, the thread buttons don't work on my mobile (or post a link to that thread). Thanks!

On the agenda:

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 18, 2010, 12:20 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #48 of 48 (2249 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Please can someone reply to a post of mine in the matches off thread, the thread buttons don't work on my mobile (or post a link to that thread). Thanks!

The only post of yours that appears in that thread is the one you made yesterday lunchtime listing the first bunch of games to be called off. What is it you're looking for now?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3