Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where are you going?:
LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Dec 17, 2010, 9:35 AM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #1 of 48 (4316 views)
Shortcut
LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looks like most will be off due to snow and or frost. Anyone know any different?

Hellenic_Fan
Youth Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 9:44 AM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 48 (4304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Around these parts anything is still possible ! The forecast has gone from "Light Snow" on Thursday to "Heavy Snow" last night and is now "White Cloud" with no snow forecast at all.Think it may well be a case of have a few options in the bag,and see which ones manage to happen on the day.

Can't the Met Office make up their minds,they must know that the plans of hundreds of hoppers are being made on their every word.

Games attended in season 2012/13 1
Goals seen : 4
Goal Average per game : 4.00

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 10:27 AM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #3 of 48 (4266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hellenic_Fan] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Depends where you look. Snow still predicted here http://uk.weather.com/...rrow-Oxford-UKXX0106 A day at home watching the nearly all weather racing beckons I think.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 17, 2010, 10:46 AM

Post #4 of 48 (4250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Depends where you look. Snow still predicted here http://uk.weather.com/...rrow-Oxford-UKXX0106 A day at home watching the nearly all weather racing beckons I think.

According to this one http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/25? sunny !.

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2010, 11:05 AM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 48 (4224 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At least the weatherman i heard this morning told the truth. "WE DONT HONESTLY KNOW" where the snow will fall.

Looks like my first plastic pitch of the season (in this country). Either,

Maldon St Marys v Leigh Ramblers or Wimpole 2000 v Castle. Dont know of any other plastic pitches within 50 miles of Felixstowe, but i cant see hardly any other games surviving the frost.

Isaac

Dec 17, 2010, 11:11 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #6 of 48 (4212 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
At least the weatherman i heard this morning told the truth. "WE DONT HONESTLY KNOW" where the snow will fall.

Looks like my first plastic pitch of the season (in this country). Either,

Maldon St Marys v Leigh Ramblers or Wimpole 2000 v Castle. Dont know of any other plastic pitches within 50 miles of Felixstowe, but i cant see hardly any other games surviving the frost.

I'm no expert on such matters but apparently it is always difficult to predict exactly where the snow will fall but certainly heavy snow is forecast for the south east.

IAN S
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 11:27 AM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #7 of 48 (4194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Unless clubs have undersoil heating or 3g surface, I can't see any games taking place round these parts.
My car park is a sheet of ice and I imagine most pitches will be the same.
Can't even see dog going a walk!

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

JohnD
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 17, 2010, 11:33 AM

Team(s): Frickley

Post #8 of 48 (4186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Frickley v Kendal has a pitch inspection at 9am tomorrow (Kendal due to set off at 10am) but the game is almost certainly off. Pitch is frozen solid and the forecast is a for a maximum of -3c tomorrow.

dottirofhod

Dec 17, 2010, 12:28 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #9 of 48 (4119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wimpole 2000 v Castle.

No choice Yungun , this complex but in Div below Wimpole Res are at home to Uni of Essex 4ths . Poss double if adjacent pitches ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Bob L. Hatt
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 17, 2010, 12:35 PM

Team(s): Derby County, Belper Town, Derry City

Post #10 of 48 (4108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just spoken to the Future Legends Secretary, and he tells me that the home game against Lichfield City Reserves will go ahead on the 3G pitch, as long as any snow is cleared from the surface. Last time, they had several players / officials etc on the case from early in the morning, so hopefully that will be the case tomorrow as well.

It is noticeable that the weather forecast seems to change on a regualr basis, Met Office is suggesting no more snow for Coventry, but yesterday it was forecasting for Saturday the proverbial 'dumping'!

That's me sorted, fingers crossed!!

** Legends Sec's contact details are on the Midland Combination website

Sniff my blog....

https://bobblestravels.blogspot.co.uk

Tim

Dec 17, 2010, 12:40 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #11 of 48 (4093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bob L. Hatt] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Somerset County Gazette reports that snow is back in Taunton and Bridgwater, and more is forecast to come. Taunton Town are planning an early inspection - which doesn't bode well. Clevedon Town's website paints a similarly gloomy picture.

If, as seems likely, my Somerset plan falls through, I will join Mr Hatt for some snow shovelling at Future Legends. That's assuming I'm not snowed in at the home of TNS tonight.

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 12:43 PM

Post #12 of 48 (4092 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

That is patently obvious, just annoys me when they make their ludicrous declarations with such sneering authority.

Still we had about 10 minutes worth of snow in North Wiltshire this morning, I guess that vindicates all the dire warnings they have been spouting since about July.

Anyway, surely everyone is dead from: swine/bird/Hippo flu or one of the many other pandemics that were scaremongered upon us in the last couple of years.

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 12:47 PM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #13 of 48 (4079 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

could be a rapid influx of travellers to Future Legends tomorrow as this is on my long short list- any port in a snowstorm!!

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2010, 12:53 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #14 of 48 (4069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This really is not looking good. I have advance tickets to London and the only non-league grounds I've been to there are Bromley and AFC Wimbledon. I've still got Dagenham & Redbridge in the league to visit too. Surely there must be something on (at step 6 or above). Scheduled for a maximum in Huddersfield of -5 tomorrow, so at least it should be warmer down there!

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (956) Wellington 0-2 Exmouth Town
With FC United: 134
On the agenda:
15/10 FC United v Basford United
16/10 Ashland Rovers v Underwood Villa
19/10 Atherton Collieries v FC United

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 17, 2010, 12:57 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #15 of 48 (4054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
This really is not looking good. I have advance tickets to London and the only non-league grounds I've been to there are Bromley and AFC Wimbledon. I've still got Dagenham & Redbridge in the league to visit too. Surely there must be something on (at step 6 or above). Scheduled for a maximum in Huddersfield of -5 tomorrow, so at least it should be warmer down there!

Watford should be a good standby if all else fails. Undersoil heating meant their game was one of the very few to go ahead a couple of weeks ago.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2010, 1:33 PM

Post #16 of 48 (4001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Watford should be a good standby if all else fails. Undersoil heating meant their game was one of the very few to go ahead a couple of weeks ago.

I appreciate the suggestion, thanksSmile. However, unless it is a new venue, I'm not really interested in going to Championship/Premiership games these days. The highest that might tempt me would be Brentford, who happen to be playing Huddersfield. But I'd prefer a non-league game (or Dagenham & Redbridge) if possible!

EDIT: Leyton Orient is already off, so doesn't bode well. Will also keep an eye out for London Welsh rugby union game

On the agenda:

(This post was edited by oftenscore6 on Dec 17, 2010, 2:02 PM)

KnowYourMarket

Dec 17, 2010, 1:48 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #17 of 48 (3976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No snow forecast for Stoke tomorrow, although we had a dumping this morning which was not forecast. As long as we've had no more snow I think we could be making a decision over a cup of tea in Buncrana towers.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Tim

Dec 17, 2010, 1:51 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #18 of 48 (3964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We can all forget Future Legends, I'm afraid:

From Mid Comb website:
Blanket Call Off: Saturday 18th Dear All Due to the recent bad weather and the dismal forecast for both tonight and tomorrow the Management Committee have decided to issue a blanket postponement of Saturday's League fixtures. Please note that that clubs do not have to inform Opponents, Match Officials or Results Service of the postponement nor do they need to submit a postponement form. Clubs engaged in outside cup competitions will need to follow the respective competition rules regarding possible postponements but are required to inform the Results Service as per league rules.

Bob L. Hatt
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 17, 2010, 1:56 PM

Team(s): Derby County, Belper Town, Derry City

Post #19 of 48 (3953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bob L. Hatt] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Just spoken to the Future Legends Secretary, and he tells me that the home game against Lichfield City Reserves will go ahead on the 3G pitch, as long as any snow is cleared from the surface. Last time, they had several players / officials etc on the case from early in the morning, so hopefully that will be the case tomorrow as well.

It is noticeable that the weather forecast seems to change on a regualr basis, Met Office is suggesting no more snow for Coventry, but yesterday it was forecasting for Saturday the proverbial 'dumping'!

That's me sorted, fingers crossed!!

** Legends Sec's contact details are on the Midland Combination website

Just had a further email from the club, it appears the Midland Combination have decided to postpone ALL games, and Future Legends have had to adhere to that policy, so time for a re-think!

Sniff my blog....

https://bobblestravels.blogspot.co.uk

acmold

Dec 17, 2010, 1:59 PM

Post #20 of 48 (3950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or

Oxford 15 minutes of snow at 1pm, covered out the concrete but not the grass, now bright sunshine though there does still seem to be a very odd snowflake - not sure how but there is.

Rumours of 8 inches of snow overnight, only a few hours ago chance of snow was receding.

Oxford United have covered their pitch, not much good if there is 8 inches of snow.

Have been told there has been 2 inches of snow in West London

gcnc

Dec 17, 2010, 2:06 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #21 of 48 (3934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can confidently predict that nothing (except Cardiff City) will be played in South Wales tomorrow. Welsh League have already extended their season until May 28th.

http://www.welshleague.org.uk/...htm#EXTENSION_TO_SEA

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2010, 2:30 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #22 of 48 (3908 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or

No snow in Derbyshire but it did frost badly and is cold. Here's hoping Bootle v Glossop survives Unsure

Hellenic_Fan
Youth Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 2:47 PM

Team(s):

Post #23 of 48 (3886 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Oxford 15 minutes of snow at 1pm, covered out the concrete but not the grass, now bright sunshine though there does still seem to be a very odd snowflake - not sure how but there is.

Rumours of 8 inches of snow overnight, only a few hours ago chance of snow was receding.

Oxford United have covered their pitch, not much good if there is 8 inches of snow.

Have been told there has been 2 inches of snow in West London

Same up in the North of the County Andy.No snow was forecast today,then around 11am it dumped it down.Within the hour bright sunshine again !

Have also heard of the 8 to 10 inches of snow due tonight.Cant see me getting to Ardley somehow then ! Can confirm that the Wembley area has had a good coating this morning though.

Hellenic_Fan
Youth Team Star

Dec 17, 2010, 2:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 48 (3881 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I appreciate the suggestion, thanksSmile. However, unless it is a new venue, I'm not really interested in going to Championship/Premiership games these days. The highest that might tempt me would be Brentford, who happen to be playing Huddersfield. But I'd prefer a non-league game (or Dagenham & Redbridge) if possible!

EDIT: Leyton Orient is already off, so doesn't bode well. Will also keep an eye out for London Welsh rugby union game

Millwall v Barnsley another one that should be on with undersoil,if you havn't already been there ?

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2010, 3:02 PM

Post #25 of 48 (3865 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hellenic_Fan] LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAYS - GAMES ON SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Millwall v Barnsley another one that should be on with undersoil,if you havn't already been there ?

I have, and it's not a particuarly tempting revisit, but thanks. Of league clubs, I'm just missing Dagenham & Redbridge in London itself, and MK Dons / Aldershot of those who have a home game and possibly within striking distance.

On the agenda:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3