Artificial Pitches abroad

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

oldhampostcode
Junior Team Star

May 11, 2011, 1:35 PM

Team(s):

Post #26 of 45 (36669 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

you are correct ,it is zwickauer dam,i must have got off at rudow and caught a bus up one or two stops.time obviously dulls the old memory

only really a good ground to watch a game at in decent weather though.

PaddlesOMaddles
Junior Team Sub

Jun 12, 2011, 1:13 PM

Team(s): Grays Athletic

Post #27 of 45 (36603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oldhampostcode] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A ground I went to a few times while I was over there was C.D. Javea who play in the Regional Preferente, G. 4 in North-East Valencia. Excellent ground, generally around 5-600 attending (around 100 ex-pats) and excellent bar and grub. Anyone heading that way, it's highly recommended for next season.

It's not the women in my life I worry about, it's the life in my women !

StephenHarris
First Team Sub

Jun 23, 2011, 10:31 AM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, Hastings United, CA Huracan

Post #28 of 45 (36539 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaddlesOMaddles] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From my recent visit to the USA, I can add the following two in the New York area;
FC New York
Long Island Rough Riders.
Although they have grass pitches, we received e-mail alerts from New Enland Revolution and New York Red Bulls that their games would go ahead 'whatever the weather, come rain or shine'.

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Jul 24, 2011, 8:32 AM

Team(s): Venezia Mestre 1987

Post #29 of 45 (36363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StephenHarris] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cesena (Serie A) are the latest addition to the list. They will be playing on 3G from next season.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 19, 2011, 10:16 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #30 of 45 (35779 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by kirby knitters [In reply to] or Reply Privately

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 19, 2011, 10:44 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #31 of 45 (35774 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Doh! Can't believe I've not mentioned it, but at the start of the season Red Star, now in the French National(3rd division), ripped up the grass & laid an all-weather pitch at Stade Bauer.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

KnowYourMarket

Dec 19, 2011, 11:21 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #32 of 45 (35768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
sv empor berlin,adlershofer bc08,lichterfeldefc berlin all all playing in the berlin liga have artifical pitches(and u or s bahn stations nearby)they are just ones that i have been to,i suspect there are loads more.

Artificial pitches in Berlin Liga:-

VSG Altglienicke
SC Staaken 1919
SFC Stern 1900
Frohnauer SC
TSV Rudow 88
BSV Huerriyet Burgund
1.FC Wilmersdorf
SV Empor Berlin
Adlershofer BC

Lichterfelder play on a grass pitch (was when I went against Dynamo Berlin), but there are artificial ones in the complex.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

jrev61

Dec 19, 2011, 10:31 PM

Team(s): None

Post #33 of 45 (35747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Novara in Serie A also have an artificial pitch.

jrev61

Veteran

Dec 3, 2012, 3:01 PM

Post #34 of 45 (34401 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or

Add Gemert (Nerherlands Zondag Topklasse) to the list, but beware a light snowfall (see my report !)

Motorman
Youth Team Regular

May 9, 2013, 7:30 PM

Location: Rosemont, Township of Adjala-Tosorontio, ON. Canada
Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, Falkirk, East Stirlingshire, Forge or York 9 (Undecided)

Post #35 of 45 (33920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Orlando City is an artificial pitch but can't guarantee the rain won't stop play! When I was there there was a rain delay of 2 hours after 15 mins play and last week they had a match postponed because of it!!

Number of grounds - 177
Last new ground - York Lions Stadium, Ontario
Last game - York 9 0-2 Pacific (Canadian Premier League) Saturday August 17, 2019

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

May 29, 2013, 1:38 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #36 of 45 (33823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Motorman] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pro Vercelli just relegated from Serie B had a 3G pitch.

Vercelli is half way between Turin & Milan.

sjosta
First Team Regular

Sep 8, 2013, 5:41 PM

Team(s): Groundhopper, ABE

Post #37 of 45 (33032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheffgeoff] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Those wishing to visit Dutch Ere and Eerste divisie grounds watching football on grass are going to have to be quick (Dutch pun there perhaps), as up to 9 grounds have kunstgras viz,

Heracles (in the Ere divisie),
Almere City,
Den Bosch,
Dordrecht,
Excelsior,
Helmond Sport,
Oss,
Volendam and
Venlo (in the Eerste).

Of these I am sure both Heracles and Helmond Sport are meant to be moving to new grounds. Perhaps these will turn out to be bigger versions of their existing grounds, but one never knows.

When at de Graafschap last month, they still were talking about moving, to maximise the return on their stadium (a wholly different way of thinking, as they can't fill their ground now that they're relegated, and are not playing particularly well either)

Football seen in: Scotland (268 grounds), England (969), Germany (289), Sweden (208), Netherlands (67), Wales (27), Ireland (S&N)(23/4), Austria (9), France (6), Denmark(5), Belgium(3),Italy(2), Luxembourg (2), Spain (2), Liechtenstein, Jersey, Switzerland, Canada
Figures correct(ish) at end of season 14-15 (1898 total)
For all your Fife needs:
Fife Junior History

(This post was edited by sjosta on Sep 21, 2013, 12:23 PM)

Veteran

Mar 17, 2014, 1:46 PM

Post #38 of 45 (32487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjosta] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or

Hou Ende Trou Zwijnaarde - Oost Vlaanderen Div 3B in Belgium - have a 3G pitch, and a useful location in sight of (but a mile walk from) KAA Gent's new Ghelamco Arena.

Veteran

Mar 25, 2014, 2:03 PM

Post #39 of 45 (32309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or

FK Vozdovac in Serbia (Belgrade) - 3G pitch on a ground that is on the roof of a shopping centre !

Bradshaw
Youth Team Star

May 15, 2014, 8:38 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC., Black Country non-league; The F.A.Vase

Post #40 of 45 (31954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When I visited KVV Coxyde (Koksijde) in October 2011 in Flanders they played on an artificial surface. (Although Soccerway now state they play on grass) Pleasant club, typical of semi-pro clubs in Belgium. Excellent club house, good elevation from terrace and stands, but although situated on a main road it's easy to miss.

sjosta
First Team Regular

Jan 4, 2015, 11:59 AM

Team(s): Groundhopper, ABE

Post #41 of 45 (31147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bradshaw] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Update on my post from above. From what I've been able to glean from this season's VI (Voetbal International)

Artificial

Eredivisie:

ADO
Cambuur (who are also looking for a new ground in 2017)
Excelsior and
Heracles (their move that I may have alluded to earlier is in fact an extension to their small stadium)

Eerste divisie

FC Eindhoven
Jong PSV (at de Herdgang)
Almere C
Helmond Sport
Oss
Waalwijk (little bit of a surprise there;little warning, luckily I've done it. By the way: they're bombing this season because of a clean out of players at the end of last season)
Venlo
Den Bosch
Dordrecht
Roda JC and
Volendam

and almost forgot:

Maastricht VV (or MVV) is supposed to be getting a new stadium in 2017; whether this is an extension to the present,or a new patch of grass wasn't mentioned inthe VI. Seemed to remember that their ground is the only one where I've seen three bar electric heaters hanging from the cover behind the goal to warm the support up; although it was a very cold night the time I was there.

Football seen in: Scotland (268 grounds), England (969), Germany (289), Sweden (208), Netherlands (67), Wales (27), Ireland (S&N)(23/4), Austria (9), France (6), Denmark(5), Belgium(3),Italy(2), Luxembourg (2), Spain (2), Liechtenstein, Jersey, Switzerland, Canada
Figures correct(ish) at end of season 14-15 (1898 total)
For all your Fife needs:
Fife Junior History

(This post was edited by sjosta on Jan 11, 2015, 4:19 PM)

dottirofhod

Jan 4, 2015, 1:22 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #42 of 45 (31127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjosta] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

http://www.theesto.com/country-news-menu-link

That may help somebody to sort them oput.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Joachim
Youth Team Sub

Sep 3, 2015, 7:05 PM

Team(s): Cambridge City

Post #43 of 45 (27744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisb] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
There are many 'kunstgras' (artificial grass) grounds in and around Oslo, though not much use at this time of year to someone looking to escape freezing Britain.

The list includes Korsvoll, Kjelsas and Groruddalen, but I think the latter folded recently.

Firstly: "kunstgress" :D though you could get away with "kunstgras" as well, as it is part of "New Norwegian", which is the second official written language in this country (though mainly only used in parts of the North West country as well as inner parts of Telemark county (in-land from Porsgrunn/Skien))

I am aware it's an older post. As for a comprehensive list of artificial turf pitches in Norway I would sadly be of little help. I will just add Grorud (not to be confused with Groruddalen ("Grorud valley")) from Div 2 group 1, which is my most local team, well within walking distance from where I live. I was there with Biscuitman in May to see their 3-0 defeat by Premier League side Sarpsborg in the first round of the Cup. Sarpsborg are the team that used to be managed by Brian Deane.

Cambridge City FC
part-time hopper

/norseman

bcleary1
Youth Team Star

Mar 23, 2016, 2:34 PM

Team(s): leyton orient atherstone town and kv ostend, cockfosters fc

Post #44 of 45 (25490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bradshaw] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Coxyde still play on a 4g pitch

Biscuitman
Reserve Team Star

Sep 24, 2018, 9:12 PM

Team(s): Reading, Fredrikstad, Rangers. Now mostly non-league

Post #45 of 45 (14152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Joachim] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
a comprehensive list of artificial turf pitches in Norway

An old thread, but oh well. No real point making a list of plastic pitches in Norway, as the country is absolutely infested with these horrible things (one of the reasons my enthusiasm for Norwegian football has died a bit in recent times). It would be easier to list the grounds with proper grass pitches, but to avoid confusion...here is a list of clubs/teams playing on plastic pitches in the current top 4 divisions.

Eliteserien (top tier) - 9 of 16 playing on plastic
- Bodø/Glimt
- Kristiansund BK
- Molde
- Odd
- Ranheim
- Start
- Strømsgodset (ironically the club song is called "Old Grass")
- Tromsø
- Vålerenga

1. division (12 og 16 play on plastic):
- HamKam
- Kongsvinger
- Levanger
- Mjøndalen
- Notodden
- Sogndal
- Strømmen
- Tromsdalen
- Ull/Kisa
- Viking
- Åsane
- Aalesund

2. division group 1 (11 og 14 playing on plastic):
- Alta (indoors)
- Asker
- Elverum
- Fredrikstad
- Grorud
- Hønefoss BK
- Mjølner
- Nybergsund
- Raufoss
- Stabæk II (reserves; theyhave 2 plastic pitches outside the main ground, normally using the one behind the near end)

2. division group 2 (10 of 14 playing on plastic):
- Arendal
- Brattvåg
- Fløy (Flekkerøy)
- Hødd
- KFUM Oslo
- Kjelsås
- Nardo
- Skeid
- Stjørdals-Blink
- Vålerenga II (reserves)

3. division group 1 (11 of 14 playing on plastic):
- Drøbak/Frogn
- Herd
- Hødd II (reserves)
- KFUM Oslo II (reserves)
- Kristiansund BK II (reserves)
- Lokomotiv Oslo (groundsharing at different pitches in Oslo; this season at Marienlyst kunstgress)
- Molde II (reserves)
- Oppsal
- Ready (ironically this ground's name translates to 'the grass pitch', and was used for the national team's home ground from 1919 till late 1920s - it apparently got its name as it was the first grass pitch in a time when other norwegian clubs played on gravel)
- Rilindja (groundsharing at Haugerud)
- Ullern

3. division group 2 (9/10 of 14 playing on plastic):
- Bjørnevatn
- Eidsvold Turn
- Gjelleråsen
- Kråkerøy (currently groundsharing at Fredrikstad FK)
- Lillestrøm II (reserves) - playing indoors
- Lørenskog
- Selbak (two pitches next to each other - one grass, one plastic. Seem to be using the grass pitch when they can)
- Skjetten
- Strømsgodset II (reserves)
- Valdres

3. division group 3 (9 of 14 playing on plastic):
- Donn
- Egersund II (reserves)
- FK Tønsberg (ironically the ground's name translates to 'Tønsberg grass pitch')
- Halsen
- Pors Grenland
- Sandefjord II (reserves)
- Urædd
- Ørn Horten
- Åssiden

3. division group 4 (12 of 14 playing on plastic):
- Brann II (reserves)
- Brodd
- Fana
- Fyllingsdalen
- Sogndal II (reserves)
- Sotra
- Stord IL
- Tertnes
- Vardeneset
- Varegg
- Viking II (reserves)
- Øystese

3. division group 5 (13 of 14 playing on plastic):
- Brumunddal
- Byåsen
- Gjøvik-Lyn
- Kolstad
- Levanger II (reserves)
- Løten
- Melhus
- Orkla
- Ottestad
- Rosenborg II (reserves)
- Steinkjer
- Tillerbyen
- Verdal

3. division group 6 (13 of 14 playing on plastic:
- Finnsnes
- Fløya
- Frigg
- Grei
- Harstad
- Junkeren (indoors)
- Korsvoll
- Melbo
- Senja
- Skarp
- Skjervøy
- Sortland (indoors)
- Stålkameratene

* Below there, the majority also play on plastic pitches. For lower divisions in Oslo, be aware that there are lots of clubs without a home ground, groundsharing at different council owned plastic pitch complexes. Some of these clubs can use several of these complexes during their season. Most of these "grounds" are horribly dull and feel like noone's "home".

Feel free to visit my blog (in norwegian mind you):
http://vikinghopper.blogg.no/

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3