Artificial Pitches abroad

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Veteran
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 15, 2010, 7:40 PM

Post #1 of 45 (53535 views)
Shortcut
Artificial Pitches abroad Can't Post or

After our experiences on a horrendously wet weekend outlined elsewhere, we were very lucky to find two games on artificial pitches -at Sparta Nijkerk and Alcides in Holland.

These pitches are proliferating, especially in Holland, and it would certainly save hoppers a lot of potential grief in bad weather to know where all these pitches are.

I know some websites (e.g. fussball.de) do give details of the playing surfaces but many (even clubs' own websites) do not.

So can I suggest we build up a list of such pitches (at reasonable levels) here, and further request therefore that this be made a "sticky".

Just to set the ball rolling I can throw in 3 in Sweden - at Sundsvall, Vastra Frolunda and Elfsborg.

Veteran

Nov 15, 2010, 7:53 PM

Post #2 of 45 (53527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or

A quick Google has thrown up :

Holland : Omniworld, Heracles and Volendam
Austria : Red Bull Salzburg and Gratkorn
Russia : Spartak Moscow
Norway : Tromso, Bodo Glimt, Aalesund and Stromsgodset

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 15, 2010, 10:10 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #3 of 45 (53495 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oststeinbeker in the Hamburg Oberliga is an artificial pitch

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (957) Kingsway Park Ashland Rovers 2-0 Underwood Villa
With FC United: 135
On the agenda:
22/10 Rocester v NKF Burbage
27/10 Floriana v Senglea Athletic

A.G.Ricer
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 16, 2010, 10:01 AM

Post #4 of 45 (53451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In France The Brittany League's website gives details of all games that are being played on articifial surfaces. If you click on a particular league and the "le detail du match" the info is there. Even so last weekend the league postponed every match because of the heavy rain whatever the state of the pitch. 140 games off and on Sunday the sun shone from a clear blue sky all day.

zebedee
First Team Star

Nov 16, 2010, 12:39 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #5 of 45 (53432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A.G.Ricer] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Grotta in Iceland's 1.deild play on an artificial pitch

StephenHarris
First Team Sub

Nov 17, 2010, 2:51 PM

Team(s): Leyton Orient, Hastings United, CA Huracan

Post #6 of 45 (53354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I like a good artificial pitch, and not just in wet weather. Off the top of my head the following grounds I've been to in the last couple of years are artificial (some of these might fall short of your ‘reasonable level’ criteria):
Germany: TuS Hordel (Westfalenliga), SV 09 Bübingen (Saarlandliga)
Norway: Asker Skiklubb (Division 2.4)
Spain: Rayo Majadahonda II (Madrid Preferente)
Northern Ireland: Crusaders
Czech Republic: Union Praha (Prague League)

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Nov 17, 2010, 2:59 PM

Team(s): Venezia Mestre 1987

Post #7 of 45 (53346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [StephenHarris] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Spain there are a few Ill try to dig out the list I have somewhere in my laptop.

In Italy there were Manfredonia and Gallipoli who used to play in astroturf. Both clubs gone burst and started from the regional divisions.

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 17, 2010, 10:34 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 45 (53313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VMFC1987] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
In Spain there are a few Ill try to dig out the list I have somewhere in my laptop.

In Spain the majority are 3g pitches in 2b and below these days. But it doesn't matter over there anyway, they'll swim through a game if they have too. I've seen games played where the ball just wont roll because of all the water, so they just kick it a bit further and run, it's not really football but it's fun to watch. But 3g pitches dont appear to be allowed in Primera and Segunda divs.

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 18, 2010, 9:33 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #9 of 45 (53275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As I reported recently, my recent visit to SV Auersmacher in Germany was to the new (and very good) 3G pitch, as opposed to the old grass stadium. Talking to a local in English, there may have been some misunderstanding. The implication was that generally, matches will take place on grass - but he may have only meant that until now, matches took place on grass. At that level, switching at short notice is allowed. I went to Wehen Wiesbaden a couple of seasons ago, and looked behind the ground to find the old SV Wiesbaden. On the occasion of my visit, the match was switched from a lower grass pitch to an upper artificial one, (this was, of course not a recorded game - with the grounds next to each other, there was only a 30 minute difference in kick off times at the two games, and I just popped into the second match to talk to supporters, take a photo and pick up a match programme).

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Mishi

Nov 18, 2010, 11:03 AM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #10 of 45 (53261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Prague, in the Prague area divisions, a number of team use artificial surfaces, & they are becoming more prevalent. Some play on them even though there is a perfect grass pitch on the 'main' pitch adjacent.

Prague League fixtures are at:

www.fotbalpraha.cz

Click on 'souteze' on the left; then 'rozpis zapasu ' on the right. Then on the individual divisions.

If it has "UMT" in brackets after the fixture this means it is on an all-weather pitch.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

Nov 18, 2010, 4:52 PM

Team(s): Venezia Mestre 1987

Post #11 of 45 (53233 views)
Shortcut

I think Nancy in Ligue 1 play on 3G.

dottirofhod

Nov 18, 2010, 5:21 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #12 of 45 (53229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VMFC1987] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think Nancy in Ligue 1 play on 3G.

Think you are correct , if not they should have by 2013.

Stade Marcel Picot is a football (soccer) stadium located in Tomblaine, France. Built in 1926, it is used by soccer team AS Nancy.
The stadium was completely rebuilt and inaugurated in its new configuration in 2003. It is now able to hold 20,087 people.[1]
In May 2010, the works began to increase its capacity and modernize it. In 2013, the stadium will be able to hold 35,000 people and will be equipped with a retractable roof and a synthetic lawn.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Nov 18, 2010, 5:29 PM)

hampshirelad
Youth Team Star

Nov 18, 2010, 5:33 PM

Team(s): Eastleigh, Inverness CT, Forres Mechanics, Borussia Monchengladbach

Post #13 of 45 (53222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

wales - the new saints
Blush

Grounds: 236 Last New :1.FC Koln 25th September

Bob L. Hatt
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 18, 2010, 7:32 PM

Team(s): Derby County, Belper Town, Derry City

Post #14 of 45 (53198 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
A quick Google has thrown up :

Holland : Omniworld, Heracles and Volendam
Austria : Red Bull Salzburg and Gratkorn
Russia : Spartak Moscow
Norway : Tromso, Bodo Glimt, Aalesund and Stromsgodset

You can add AGOVV Apeldoorn and Spakenburg to the Dutch list

Cliftonville in Northern Ireland are also recent converts

Dundalk in the Republic of Ireland

Sniff my blog....

https://bobblestravels.blogspot.co.uk

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 18, 2010, 8:40 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #15 of 45 (53180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bob L. Hatt] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Northern Ireland there's also Moyola Park (shared by Wakehurst) and Killymoon Rangers.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

brb
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 29, 2010, 12:14 PM

Team(s): SG Dynamo Dresden, FC Stahl Brandenburg

Post #16 of 45 (52844 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Germany - Mülheim/Ruhr - Ruhrstadion (8.000) - VfB Speldorf (NRW-Liga, Level 5)

Jens
Junior Team Star

Dec 1, 2010, 5:24 PM

Team(s): Bayern München, FC Remscheid, West Ham United

Post #17 of 45 (52757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brb] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Holland
Blauw Geel 38(Veghel)
SV Deurne
HSC 21(Haaksbergen)
VSV Tonegido(Voorburg)
SV Triborgh(Tilburg)
MVV Alcides(Meppel)
CVV Be Quick 28(Zwolle)
RKVV Westlandia(Naaldwijk)
VV Haaglandia(Rijswijk)
DHC(Delft)
Alphense Boys(Alphen)
DVS 33 Ermelo
VV DTS Ede
EVV Echt
VV Nunspeet
Jodan Boys(Gouda)
Odon 59(Heemskerk)
ADO 20(Heemskerk)
HV&CV Quick(Den Haag)

Sweden
Atvidaberg FF
IF Elfsborg

Norway
Honefoss BK

Belgium
KRC Gent Zeehaven(Ground is in Oostakker)

Spain(Mallorca)
Except Real Mallorca A+B,CD Constancia(main pitch) all other grounds are artificial pitches

Veteran

Dec 1, 2010, 6:46 PM

Post #18 of 45 (52741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jens] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or

That's brilliant Jens - just the sort of thing I was looking for. Sadly not a great deal of use this weekend as KNVB have called ALL Amateur games off.

You also need to add Sparta Nijkerk to your list in Holland

chrisb
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 2, 2010, 8:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #19 of 45 (52671 views)
Shortcut

There are many 'kunstgras' (artificial grass) grounds in and around Oslo, though not much use at this time of year to someone looking to escape freezing Britain.

The list includes Korsvoll, Kjelsas and Groruddalen, but I think the latter folded recently.

Owner/editor of The Football Traveller, a weekly magazine containing fixtures and much more - download a 2019/20 subscription form from our website...http://www.thefootballtraveller.com

sjosta
First Team Regular

Dec 2, 2010, 8:28 PM

Team(s): Groundhopper, ABE

Post #20 of 45 (52668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisb] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Most of the Munich based sides at levels from Bezirksliga down have at least one ground that is artificial; frustratingly these are usually floodlit as well, so when one finds a mid week cup match from mid-August on, they're played on the "konstgras"
BTW Add Qviding on Valhalla IP in Goteborg as well to the kunstgras list.

Football seen in: Scotland (268 grounds), England (969), Germany (289), Sweden (208), Netherlands (67), Wales (27), Ireland (S&N)(23/4), Austria (9), France (6), Denmark(5), Belgium(3),Italy(2), Luxembourg (2), Spain (2), Liechtenstein, Jersey, Switzerland, Canada
Figures correct(ish) at end of season 14-15 (1898 total)
For all your Fife needs:
Fife Junior History

Grounds Man
Junior Team Regular

Dec 21, 2010, 6:32 PM

Post #21 of 45 (52261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sjosta] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Excellent info lads. Of course, if you can afford it, an alternative course of action is not to book your trip until a few days beforehand so that you can be sure it's not going to rain there.

Thomas
Ballboy/girl

Feb 18, 2011, 11:30 AM

Team(s):

Post #22 of 45 (51119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Grounds Man] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From the start of next season, Sint-Truiden (Belgian first division) will have an artificial pitch.

Veteran

Apr 11, 2011, 11:05 PM

Post #23 of 45 (50171 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jens] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or

Genemuiden (Netherlands Zaterdag Topklasse) also now have a 4G pitch.

oldhampostcode
Junior Team Star

May 11, 2011, 11:14 AM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 45 (49658 views)
Shortcut

Not sure what League they are in now but TSV RUDOW opposite Rudow U bahn in berlin had an artifical pitch when i went around 4 years ago.
not a bad ground,no real cover but small amount of terracing and good clubhouse.

"it means we have no problems with the weather" stated the gateman when i asked about it.

KnowYourMarket

May 11, 2011, 12:24 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #25 of 45 (49652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oldhampostcode] Artificial Pitches abroad [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They play in the Berlin Liga, 4th at the moment. The closest U-bahn is Zwickauer Damm as far as I can see though?

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3