Sennybridge
Talgarth Town Res

Bronylls are a new club. Knighton Victoria are Knighton Town's "reserves"

Mark
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 8, 2010, 9:42 PM

Post #2 of 18 (8629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A.G.Ricer] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bronllys appears to be a caravan site with a village attached, near Talgarth. I believe the football club will be playing at Gwernyfed High School in, er, Three Cocks. A quick look on the interweb shows that this is a rather pleasant Victorian School which may be under threat of closure.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 9, 2010, 10:37 AM

Post #3 of 18 (8566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Bronllys appears to be a caravan site with a village attached, near Talgarth. I believe the football club will be playing at Gwernyfed High School in, er, Three Cocks. A quick look on the interweb shows that this is a rather pleasant Victorian School which may be under threat of closure.

Three Cocks have come up before on this board, I think they were going to play at Hay St Mary's once and a programme was going to be issued. Everyone at the time was looking to see where they could find Three Cocks, I think the game failed to take place in the end.

League has lost quite a few clubs to the Mid Wales League for the 2010/11.

ciderjon
First Team Star

Jul 12, 2010, 8:57 AM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 18 (8439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Do we definately know Bronllys are a new club? The cynic in me wonders if they are Talgarth Town 'A' along the lines of CP Llanandras.

Last new Belgian beer: Lupulus (formerly Trois Fourquets) Triple 8.5% bc (808)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 18, 2010, 1:25 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #5 of 18 (8089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ciderjon] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Do we definately know Bronllys are a new club? The cynic in me wonders if they are Talgarth Town 'A' along the lines of CP Llanandras.

We were told at Talgarth last week that they were Hay 3rds in disguise, but it's all very confusing over there, JonCrazy

Now it appears they have left the league after failing to honour the opening league fixture. Or maybe not according to Presteigne's website..............

http://www.presteignestandrewsfc.co.uk/?p=4400

A.G.Ricer
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 23, 2010, 8:26 PM

Post #6 of 18 (7914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure if they are Hay 3rds. Not sure either if Hay know which is their first team and which their reserves.
Bronllys now have fixtures listed again in September so perhaps they will appear.

KnowYourMarket

Aug 23, 2010, 10:40 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #7 of 18 (7893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A.G.Ricer] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The cynic in me thinks that Hay's first team will be in the Herefordshire League so that they can climb the English pyramid. I can't believe they couldn't put together a side to be competitive in the Mid Wales League.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

acmold

Aug 24, 2010, 10:34 AM

Post #8 of 18 (7815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or

I've tried to visit Hay on a number of occasions and the response I get is rather mixed. Is the game on - maybe. Are you issuing a programme / do you issue programmes - no, then someone goes to the game and gets one. Which pitch are you on, they have two - not sure. It's always a bit up in the air so to speak. Looking at their website quite often the "Reserves" seem to get more coverage than the first XI.

Hay being where it is I presume part of it's "urban" area is in England, a bit like Chester and the Deva Stadium and Wales.

Looking at the Herefordshire League this season it does look though it has turned a corner and becoming a stronger league, maybe cost has something to do with it !..

A.G.Ricer
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 24, 2010, 11:56 AM

Post #9 of 18 (7789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hay's website is now refering to The Mid Wales (South) team as its reserves. I had understood that they had told The Mid Wales (South) that they were entering their first team. I am not sure that there is a great deal of difference in standard between The Herefordshire League and The Mid Wales (South) so the move could be to get a foothold in the English pyramid.

KnowYourMarket

Aug 24, 2010, 2:33 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #10 of 18 (7749 views)
Shortcut

I would assume Herefordshire League top division is much better than Mid Wales South? Mid Wales div 2 ain't good and neither is Mid Wales South on my only foray. Nice settings and friendly clubs which is the important thing though.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

ciderjon
First Team Star

Aug 26, 2010, 2:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 18 (7557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've been watching football in this area since the 1960's and still can't get close to all the intricacies of it all.

Like many leagues in small lower populated areas both mentioned leagues tend to have a wide discrepancy in standards from the best teams to the weaker ones. Mid Wales South is obviously a non relegation league so these discrepancies often seem wider. Overall I would place Mid Wales South at about Herefordshire Div 2 level (just an opinion, folks) but it remains a favourite league for the settings and welcoming nature of the clubs (as KYM has found too). Many travellers find the Radnorshire County Cup ties handy, as they are often played on Sundays!

Herefordshire League top division is rather crammed with Reserves (personally I try to avoid such fixtures as they are , to me, a bit of a pig in a poke),but there are some equally good settings/ welcoming clubs further down this league.I seem ( distant memory here) to remember that Hay St M did have a team playing in the Herefordshire League before so it shouldn't be a great surprise for them to move a team back.Hope they enjoy the international clearance paperwork.Also, do they really now need two pitches both with cover? Or are Bronllys really Hay St M and will now not be playing at the school???

Last new Belgian beer: Lupulus (formerly Trois Fourquets) Triple 8.5% bc (808)

A.G.Ricer
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 21, 2010, 9:38 AM

Post #12 of 18 (7166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ciderjon] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bronllys have now started the season. Perhaps they will wish they hadn't. 4 games played. 0 goals scored. 35 conceded.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 21, 2010, 7:09 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #13 of 18 (7074 views)
Shortcut

Meanwhile, one of the Penybonts seems to have disappeared.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 22, 2010, 12:49 AM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #14 of 18 (7036 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Meanwhile, one of the Penybonts seems to have disappeared.

Well they were effctively a first team and a reserve team. Club now known simply as Penybont FC apparently.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

A.G.Ricer
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 23, 2010, 9:47 AM

Post #15 of 18 (6899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The situation with Hay St Marys continues to be confusing. Currently FA Full Time shows all their Herefordshire League fixtures (save this Saturday at Hinton) as postponed including a cup game in October. It doesn't seem to be a failure of the website as it does not apply to any other team. They still seem to be fulfilling their fixtures in Mid Wales ( South). Certainly Hay have been using the same players for games in England and in Wales so this may be where the problem lies.

Mark
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 27, 2010, 7:59 PM

Post #16 of 18 (6692 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The situation with Hay St Marys continues to be confusing. Currently FA Full Time shows all their Herefordshire League fixtures (save this Saturday at Hinton) as postponed including a cup game in October. It doesn't seem to be a failure of the website as it does not apply to any other team.

The reason that Hay have so many postponed games showing (on the fixture grid on Full-Time) is that, according to Full-Time, they were scheduled to play 14 games on 4 September. Unable to raise 154 players, they only fulfilled the fixture at Ledbury and had to cry-off the other 13 games. Normal service now appears to have resumed, with the league only allocating them 1 game each Saturday.

Incidentally, it looks like Leominster Town Reserves have pulled out, leaving the top division with only 13 clubs. However, there are midweek games coming up at Hay, Ledbury, Hinton and Kington, which may be of interest to some.

A.G.Ricer
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 27, 2010, 8:26 PM

Post #17 of 18 (6684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looks like it is the fault of FA Full Time. Both Hay's teams played on Saturday.

yorkieexile
First Team Star

Sep 27, 2010, 8:30 PM

Team(s): Halifax, Groundhopper

Post #18 of 18 (6681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mark] Mid Wales League (South) [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's me sorted for either 5 October or 12 October - rare chance indeed to go to Kington for a midweek. Been twice so far, both rained off.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3