First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 10, 2010, 9:02 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #226 of 233 (2470 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Grecian] England? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You mean similar to the one that finds places for young promising African kids............Crazy

What's wrong with our youth that they can't sort themselves out anyway? Or are they happy to sit on the bench/stiffs earning more than they would if playing in the Eredivisie for example?

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 11, 2010, 9:09 AM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #227 of 233 (2444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] England? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
You mean similar to the one that finds places for young promising African kids............Crazy

What's wrong with our youth that they can't sort themselves out anyway? Or are they happy to sit on the bench/stiffs earning more than they would if playing in the Eredivisie for example?

The education system in this country springs to mind, and the fact that everyone thinks that the world owes them a living. Most of them would be incapable of making the move abroad - the comfort zone here means that they never give it a second thought.

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

villahopper
First Team Star

Aug 11, 2010, 3:24 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #228 of 233 (2419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] England? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
what you say is correct KYM; invest in the coaching of youth; BUT.. where do they go after their youth days are over; if we keep the level of foreigners up there are so few spaces for our young talent to get into first teams; clubs do have thriving academies and, in Wolves case, some very talented players, BUT LITTLE OR NO OPPORTUNITY TO BREAK INTO THE 25 MAN FIRST TEAM SQUAD!!

Players aged 21 and under who have come through the ranks are not counted in the 25. You can have as many under 21s as you want so this remark is irrelevent

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

Aug 11, 2010, 10:06 PM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #229 of 233 (2396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] England? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I apologise for my mistake and lack of knowledge; should have realised this when I saw the Wolves squad numbers for the season; still does not solve the inherent problem of the young professionals being given a chance to progress; is it best to send them out on loan to a lower level club or spend the season playing the occasional reserve game and behind closed doors friendlies?

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 11, 2010, 10:51 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #230 of 233 (2385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] England? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Another poor performance tonight and Capello looks like he's just waiting for the sack and his pay off.

I'd honestly rather see Martin O'Neill in the job, at least he'd show some passion!

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 12, 2010, 4:15 PM

Post #231 of 233 (2332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] England? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Another poor performance tonight and Capello looks like he's just waiting for the sack and his pay off.

I'd honestly rather see Martin O'Neill in the job, at least he'd show some passion!

But again he is not English.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that no other World Cup winners had ever employed a foreign coach/manager. Do we really want a third ?

Isaac

Aug 12, 2010, 5:29 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #232 of 233 (2316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] England? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I seem to recall reading somewhere that no other World Cup winners had ever employed a foreign coach/manager. Do we really want a third ?

Well he speaks fluent English so at least the players would be able to understand him, anyway Steve Coppell's left Bristol City so he'll do.

UKPunk

Aug 13, 2010, 12:12 AM

Post #233 of 233 (2281 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] England? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Well he speaks fluent English so at least the players would be able to understand him, anyway Steve Coppell's left Bristol City so he'll do.

With some of the words he uses you must be joking! Imagine him talking to Rooney or Terry, it would be a case of 'Mr. Dictionary' meets 'My first pop-up book'. Crazy

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3