Biggest Upset in World Cup History

AussieWhoosh
Youth Team Regular

Jun 14, 2010, 12:34 AM

Team(s): See below

Post #1 of 8 (3455 views)
Shortcut
Biggest Upset in World Cup History Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well that would have to be the biggest upset ever in World Cup history. Who would have thought Germany would defeat Australia...let alone thrash them 4-0...incredible...18 million Australians were up at 4am this morning to witness the massacre.......the biggest upset ever in World Cup history

My teams: Chelsea, Bromley, Spalding United, Pinchbeck United, Cemaes (WAL), Heart of Midlothian (SCO), St Etienne (FRA), Borussia Moenchengladbach (GER), Deportivo La Caruna (ESP), Alma SC (Australia), Silver City Strikers (Australia),Thika United (Kenya). Founder and chairman of Alma Makogeni Sports Club (Kenya)

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Jun 14, 2010, 9:11 AM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #2 of 8 (3444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AussieWhoosh] Biggest Upset in World Cup History [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I wouldn't really class it as the biggest upset ever personally. I actually was fully predicting a comfortable German victory pre-match, but I'm glad I didn't put my money on 3-0 before the game which I was about to do! Germany seemed more organised and didn't half make Australia chase after the ball a lot, even at 2-0 I thought it was comfortable and only a matter of time before the Germans added to their lead.

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

leohoenig
Administrator

Jun 14, 2010, 9:58 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 8 (3432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] Biggest Upset in World Cup History [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have considered deleting PonteCarlo's post. Clearly he is suffering from Iron deficiency, and hence cannot spot Irony

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 14, 2010, 6:25 PM

Team(s): None

Post #4 of 8 (3389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Biggest Upset in World Cup History [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I have considered deleting PonteCarlo's post. Clearly he is suffering from Iron deficiency, and hence cannot spot Irony

A common problem I find, on this message board.Smile

jrev61

KnowYourMarket

Jun 14, 2010, 6:34 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #5 of 8 (3386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Biggest Upset in World Cup History [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think Eddie's brain has been washed away with all that real aleLaugh

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

dottirofhod

Jun 14, 2010, 6:41 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #6 of 8 (3379 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Biggest Upset in World Cup History [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

He does have the odd Irony Bru .

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 105 / 89 / 16 / inc 4 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 12 / 11 / 2019.
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 14, 2010, 8:45 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #7 of 8 (3347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PonteCarlo] Biggest Upset in World Cup History [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I wouldn't really class it as the biggest upset ever personally. I actually was fully predicting a comfortable German victory pre-match, but I'm glad I didn't put my money on 3-0 before the game which I was about to do! Germany seemed more organised and didn't half make Australia chase after the ball a lot, even at 2-0 I thought it was comfortable and only a matter of time before the Germans added to their lead.

But I did put money on 4-0 Cool

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

Jun 15, 2010, 12:19 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #8 of 8 (3290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Biggest Upset in World Cup History [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was on Rubicon, hence the lack of Irn Bru!!!

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3