World Cup on ITV

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 13, 2010, 9:31 AM

Post #1 of 58 (4364 views)
Shortcut
World Cup on ITV Can't Post or

While watching an advert on my HD TV last night as England scored, I thought those of you who have HD might like to know that STV HD which can be tuned in via other Channels has a much better picture quality than the four regional versions of ITV HD.

Using the other channels facility on your Sky Box put in

V
5/6

and selection the channel named 3855, this is STV HD.

It is the same feed as ITV but at a much higher definition, though it still encounters the same problems as the other ITV feeds, ie adverts when goals are scored and being transmitted in SD when the ITV HD feed fails.

The above does not work on Freesat HD boxes

If watching in SD the best quality ITV picture is usually found on ITV South West, this is due to fact that the feed for TV's using an ariel is fed by Satellite to the local tranmitter as opposed to the normal methods, which means in turn the quality of the satellite feed has to be stronger and better.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 13, 2010, 2:49 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #2 of 58 (4321 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

ITV should not be allowed to broadcast football. Ever.

Shambolic presentation; cringe-worthy commentary; ill-informed opinion and obviously no criticism of "the lads" allowed and poor Adrian Chiles realising what a shocker of a move he made. Added to the "adverts during the goal" fiasco and their unintelligible guests..................the whole package is plain lousy.
And since when did Francois Pienaar become an expert on Bafana Bafana. Oh no, I've fallen into the trap. Pass me a wuwuzela..............

Mind you, the words most likely to encourage the viewer to a toilet break remain "and now over to Garth Crooks who we've sent to assess the mood in the England camp".

Jamesie
Deleted

Jun 13, 2010, 3:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 58 (4312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
ITV should not be allowed to broadcast football. Ever.

Shambolic presentation; cringe-worthy commentary; ill-informed opinion and obviously no criticism of "the lads" allowed and poor Adrian Chiles realising what a shocker of a move he made. Added to the "adverts during the goal" fiasco and their unintelligible guests..................the whole package is plain lousy.
And since when did Francois Pienaar become an expert on Bafana Bafana. Oh no, I've fallen into the trap. Pass me a wuwuzela..............

Mind you, the words most likely to encourage the viewer to a toilet break remain "and now over to Garth Crooks who we've sent to assess the mood in the England camp".

AGREE
WITH
EVERYTHING
PADDY
SAID
!!!!

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 13, 2010, 4:00 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #4 of 58 (4302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jamesie] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oh yes, ditto. Mind you, the match coverage was almost professional when compared with the debacle that was James Corden's World Cup Live. Amateurish, shambolic and embarrassing don't even begin to describe it. Gordon Banks must have wondered how on earth he managed to dragged into it. Bring back Baddiel & Skinner - please!!

Isaac

Jun 13, 2010, 5:00 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #5 of 58 (4286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I totally agree with all that has been said about ITV's abysmal coverage and how did the commentary team fail to spot the handball that lead to Ghana's penalty? They were suprised when it was awarded yet the handball was crystal clear.

And what on earth has Chris Coleman ever done in a World Cup to deserve a place on the ITV team? At least Townsend, Desaily, Keegan etc have played in the finals!

dottirofhod

Jun 13, 2010, 5:16 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #6 of 58 (4280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

And what on earth has Chris Coleman ever done in a World Cup to deserve a place on the ITV team? At least Townsend, Desaily, Keegan etc have played in the finals!

2 not for the country of their birth !

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 230 /190 / 40 (You know my rules) @25 /04 /2019. Only 17 x 0-0's - ( 3 in 10 recently !).
Project TFTopTierUEFAGrounds2018/19. Clubs 712.Grounds (Variable).(Inc Summer Leagues 2019. TBC) .
Need - 98 (13-7 %) @ 25/04/2019.
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/author/dadofdottie/

buncranaboy

Jun 13, 2010, 5:29 PM

Post #7 of 58 (4272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

2 not for the country of their birth !

England wouldn't do that, would they ? Oh really........................

Nice easy one: Who are the 11 players to play for England but were not born in England?
The Gaffer says: I've found thirteen - Terry Butcher (Singapore), Cyrille Regis (French Guiana), John Barnes (Jamaica), Graeme Le Saux and Matt Le Tissier (Channel Islands), Owen Hargreaves (Canada), Brian Stein (South Africa), John Salako (Nigeria), Tony Dorigo (Australia) Luther Blissett (Jamaica), Rob Jones (Wales), Gordon Hodgson (South Africa) and Joe Baker (see above). Steve Lambert also adds Colin Viljoen (South Africa)

dottirofhod

Jun 13, 2010, 5:33 PM

Post #8 of 58 (4270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Testy . It was a statement not a comment . Keegan was born in England !
Been saving that for long ?

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 230 /190 / 40 (You know my rules) @25 /04 /2019. Only 17 x 0-0's - ( 3 in 10 recently !).
Project TFTopTierUEFAGrounds2018/19. Clubs 712.Grounds (Variable).(Inc Summer Leagues 2019. TBC) .

PaulC

Jun 13, 2010, 9:38 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #9 of 58 (4213 views)
Shortcut

Bill Perry (South Africa), James Prinsep (India)

(This post was edited by PaulC on Jun 13, 2010, 9:39 PM)

buncranaboy

Jun 13, 2010, 10:00 PM

Post #10 of 58 (4198 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Not really though it does become a tad tiresome when it is hinted at that other countries play hard and fast with qualification requirements; everyone does it though the recent call-ups by the England cricket team take that to a new level.

dottirofhod

Jun 13, 2010, 10:15 PM

Post #11 of 58 (4189 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Not really though it does become a tad tiresome when it is hinted at that other countries play hard and fast with qualification requirements; everyone does it though the recent call-ups by the England cricket team take that to a new level.

Accepted.
By the way Joe Baker (see above) was born in Liverpool. If your going to copy straight from "Ask the Gaffer" try adding the picture of Joe Baker then the comment "see above" would make sense . Then check facts , thought you were better than that !!
PS. By the way insulin is good for paranoia (allegedly)

jrev61

Jun 13, 2010, 11:12 PM

Team(s): None

Post #12 of 58 (4172 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Been saving that for long

Accepted.
By the way Joe Baker (see above) was born in Liverpool. If your going to copy straight from "Ask the Gaffer" try adding the picture of Joe Baker then the comment "see above" would make sense . Then check facts , thought you were better than that !!

Does that mean there are no paranoid diabetics?

jrev61

buncranaboy

Jun 14, 2010, 12:32 PM

Post #13 of 58 (4111 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Accepted.

Really Hod - have you nothing better to do? I cut and pasted from an article to support a point; I did not write the article therefore have no responsibility for verifying that each and every word of content is accurate. Not that I really give a stuff whether or not it is - the general point was that every country plays the rules.
And check the definition of testy while you're at it. Testy comments are more often than not accompanied by liberal use of exclamation marks. See above............

Jamesie
Deleted

Jun 14, 2010, 1:15 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 58 (4099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Testy comments are more often than not accompanied by liberal use of exclamation marks. See above............

Hey Paddy, check my previous post out on this thread. I used the most exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!! Cool

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

dottirofhod

Jun 14, 2010, 4:51 PM

Post #15 of 58 (4064 views)
Shortcut

Really Hod - have you nothing better to do? I cut and pasted from an article to support a point; I did not write the article therefore have no responsibility for verifying that each and every word of content is accurate. Not that I really give a stuff whether or not it is - the general point was that every country plays the rules.
And check the definition of testy while you're at it. Testy comments are more often than not accompanied by liberal use of exclamation marks. See above............

Says it all !!! You try and make a point by using information that you take no responsibility for !!!! Fact or fiction who gives a t-ss !!!!!!

buncranaboy

Jun 14, 2010, 7:07 PM

Post #16 of 58 (4028 views)
Shortcut

More blah...........

dottirofhod

Jun 14, 2010, 7:30 PM

Post #17 of 58 (4023 views)
Shortcut

!!!!!!!!!! Think Italy 3 - 1 , what you say ? Fortunately on Auntie .

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Jun 14, 2010, 7:31 PM)

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Jun 14, 2010, 10:09 PM

Post #18 of 58 (3993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or

Incredibly, the whole crew on ITV thought England played very well, including Heskey.
Andy sodding Townsend said that Heskey was 'unlucky' when he was through with only the keeper to beat and didn't. And he was up to his old tricks again in referring to the 'goals' in the plural.

Isaac

Jun 14, 2010, 10:16 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #19 of 58 (3988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Heskey was unlucky to shoot straight at the keeper?

I turn the volume down during ITV coverage and listen to radio commentary.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 14, 2010, 10:25 PM

Team(s): Fareham Town - THE CREEKSIDERS

Post #20 of 58 (3983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I watched the England game in the Portsmouth Irish Club and they were showing RTE's coverage.

Commentator wasnt bad but Trevor Steven expert commentsCrazy He makes Mark Lawrenson sound like he knows what he's talking about.

Highlight was before the game Eamon Dunphy trying to have an argument with Graeme Souness despite them agreeing that Gerrard and Lampard could not play in central midfield together without a holding midfielder also.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor
www.facebook.com/nonleaguebins

A football club is for life, not just for trophies

Tivvy_Al
First Team Sub

Jun 15, 2010, 12:06 AM

Post #21 of 58 (3967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or

ITV coverage is only good for the moving pictures. For as long as I can remember their pundits have been terrible, so the fact that their transmissions are littered with commercial breaks is no bad thing.

On the other hand the Beeb are doing a terrific job all round Smile

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

buncranaboy

Jun 15, 2010, 1:43 AM

Post #22 of 58 (3960 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
!!!!!!!!!! Think Italy 3 - 1 , what you say ? Fortunately on Auntie .

Seeing that I'm not sure Italy have it to go beyond the last eight. We know they're not great because they couldn't beat Ireland in qualifying and because Mexico won there after losing at Wembley. Slovakia may even be tricky............

acmold

Jun 15, 2010, 10:48 AM

Post #23 of 58 (3931 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

I watched the England game in the Portsmouth Irish Club and they were showing RTE's coverage.

Commentator wasnt bad but Trevor Steven expert commentsCrazy He makes Mark Lawrenson sound like he knows what he's talking about.

Highlight was before the game Eamon Dunphy trying to have an argument with Graeme Souness despite them agreeing that Gerrard and Lampard could not play in central midfield together without a holding midfielder also.

Tut, tut not meant to have Irish viewing cards in England, Eamon Dunphy could start a fight with himself !.

acmold

Jun 15, 2010, 10:50 AM

Post #24 of 58 (3927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tivvy_Al] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
ITV coverage is only good for the moving pictures. For as long as I can remember their pundits have been terrible, so the fact that their transmissions are littered with commercial breaks is no bad thing.

And in HD while the game is in progress.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 15, 2010, 10:54 AM

Team(s): Fareham Town - THE CREEKSIDERS

Post #25 of 58 (3925 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] World Cup on ITV [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Tut, tut not meant to have Irish viewing cards in England, Eamon Dunphy could start a fight with himself !.

I stand to be corrrected but am lead to believe because it is an Irish private members Club and all voting members are Irish then they can use that loophole.

As I am not Irish, I am classed as just an Associate member and just cant vote at the AGM but at 1.90 a pint, I'm not going to complain about what they want to doWink

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor
www.facebook.com/nonleaguebins

A football club is for life, not just for trophies

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3