First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

May 20, 2010, 10:59 PM

Team(s): non-league football

Post #1 of 58 (3457 views)
Shortcut
Three Lions 2010 Can't Post or Reply Privately

once again, time for the cynics and followers of countries not involved in the World Cup to come to the surface; both on the way to work and on the way home it gave me goose bumps to hear the Three Lions song revamped for this tournament; just the start of five weeks of increasing hype and, despite being a sad old git, I shall be wearing my England shirt with pride and putting my England flag on the parcel shelf of my car until such time as our hopes of ultimate victory are dashed, probably in the semi-final, come on you England!!

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

May 20, 2010, 11:16 PM

Post #2 of 58 (3447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [grumpydwarf] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Grumpydwarf I'd love to be proved wrong but I don't even think we'll get that far.

2nd in our group. Germany win theirs. Round of 16 Germany v England. England lose on penalties. Crazy

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

WiltsLeppard
Youth Team Regular

May 20, 2010, 11:19 PM

Team(s): Swindon Town

Post #3 of 58 (3443 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Come on now, where's your sense of British pride?

We're going to win it! BELIEVE!!!!

Besides, if we don't, I'm merging the Aylesbury clubs by force MUHAHAHA! (devil smiley)

I believe in Justice for Hollie Greig, Kerry and Mark Patterson and eternal damnation in hell for bent social workers, bankers and politicians!

2010 is the year we take OUR country back, so stick your 'Common Purpose' up your a**e!

villahopper
First Team Star

May 20, 2010, 11:19 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #4 of 58 (3443 views)
Shortcut

I am quite prepared to be shot down in flames here but I really couldn't give a monkeys about the World Cup.
I have never been much of a fan of International football, much preferring the club game.
What gets me is all the bandwagon jumping that goes on.

dottirofhod

May 20, 2010, 11:24 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #5 of 58 (3439 views)
Shortcut

So come on England we can do it for sure. Nobody"s gonna stop us Three Lions are gonna roar.
We"re England forever .
Oh yeah.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

UKPunk

May 20, 2010, 11:29 PM

Post #6 of 58 (3434 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WiltsLeppard] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Come on now, where's your sense of British pride?

We're going to win it! BELIEVE!!!!

Besides, if we don't, I'm merging the Aylesbury clubs by force MUHAHAHA! (devil smiley)

Don't you mean English pride?

As I said, I'd love them to prove me wrong. But the fact is I don't believe.

I don't believe we've got enough 'world class' players in the squad.

I don't believe the likes of Gerrard and Lampard can handle the weight of expectation that is placed on their shoulders.

I also agree with Villahopper regarding the 'bandwagon' stuff. There's always too much hype and let's face it, it's only done to sell newspapers and various products with the England/World Cup logo on it.

dottirofhod

May 20, 2010, 11:38 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #7 of 58 (3429 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Don't you mean English pride?

I don't believe the likes of Gerrard and Lampard can handle the weight of expectation that is placed on their shoulders.

With Gerrard,Lampard and Rooney,hey
I know they"ll give it their all,(they wont fail)
I know that we can achieve, if we just believe
So let"s stand up for England, let"s stand proud and tall.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 21, 2010, 1:06 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #8 of 58 (3408 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
once again, time for the cynics and followers of countries not involved in the World Cup to come to the surface; both on the way to work and on the way home it gave me goose bumps to hear the Three Lions song revamped for this tournament; just the start of five weeks of increasing hype and, despite being a sad old git, I shall be wearing my England shirt with pride and putting my England flag on the parcel shelf of my car until such time as our hopes of ultimate victory are dashed, probably in the semi-final, come on you England!!

And if not, let's hope that the fans, citizens and all those who speak the language of or who rememble in any slight way a typical inhabitant of the country who England eventually bow out to, will be allowed their moment of celebration without having their heads,cars or businesses caved in.

villahopper
First Team Star

May 21, 2010, 1:50 AM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #9 of 58 (3405 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

And if not, let's hope that the fans, citizens and all those who speak the language of or who rememble in any slight way a typical inhabitant of the country who England eventually bow out to, will be allowed their moment of celebration without having their heads,cars or businesses caved in.

Well in that case for my cars sake I hope its not France and for works sake I hope its not Germany !

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

May 21, 2010, 8:55 AM

Post #10 of 58 (3380 views)
Shortcut

`rememble`- please forward a translation as I googled it and got no reponse!!!! great to see the cynics awake and that Hoddy knows the lyrics-come on England!!!

Kernovian
Reserve Team Sub

May 21, 2010, 9:07 AM

Team(s): Yeovil Town FC

Post #11 of 58 (3377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I am quite prepared to be shot down in flames here but I really couldn't give a monkeys about the World Cup.
I have never been much of a fan of International football, much preferring the club game.

Ditto here.

The WC/EC are nothing more to me than 'filler' in an otherwise entirely unappetising footie vacuum.

What really would light my fire would be a WC/EC played at England C level. Tasty!

Inherited by AngusGF

Tim

May 21, 2010, 9:21 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #12 of 58 (3366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not excited about it, will watch a bit of it, but looking forward to Stourbridge's first friendly at Bartley Green much more.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 21, 2010, 12:07 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #13 of 58 (3348 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

And if not, let's hope that the fans, citizens and all those who speak the language of or who resemble in any slight way a typical inhabitant of the country who England eventually bow out to, will be allowed their moment of celebration without having their heads,cars or businesses caved in.

To Mr Grumpy - apologies for the spelling error but can you point out the cynicism in my post? I'd suggest that if you think I've made that stuff up, then I'd much prefer to be called a cynic than an ostrich. Or do you think it's okay...........?

grumpydwarf
First Team Star

May 21, 2010, 1:50 PM

Post #14 of 58 (3323 views)
Shortcut

you certainly are no ostrich Mr Buncrana; what you state has happened many times in the past both at home and abroad; and I doubt whether it will ever go away whilst we have the drinking cultue that is prevalent in my country; however I am not changing my stance; the best feeling in football is when your own club beats your local rivals or Man U; and the opposite is true; second best feeling is feeling proud of your own country`s performance and yes, one day, we will beat the Germans and one day Gerrard and Lampard will perform at club level for their country; any speeliing mistakes todayCool

UKPunk

May 21, 2010, 3:02 PM

Post #15 of 58 (3313 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'm led to believe that the police in that part of the world are somewhat heavy handed when it comes to crowd disturbances. Good! If one or two miscreants sustained broken bones 'early doors', the message might just penetrate the thick skulls of the other yobs that their behaviour will not be tolerated this time.

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 21, 2010, 6:34 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #16 of 58 (3295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or

WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT!!

Very confident this World Cup, I think we can go all the way.

Imagine it, parties on the streets and everyone has the day off the next day!

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

May 21, 2010, 6:37 PM

Post #17 of 58 (3292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT!!

You Spanish then, Tom?

UKPunk

May 21, 2010, 10:03 PM

Post #18 of 58 (3267 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT!!

So was I at your age. 1990 was the last time I really believed we would win it. 1998 was the last time I thought we could win it. Crazy

VMFC1987
Youth Team Star

May 24, 2010, 10:31 PM

Team(s): Venezia Mestre 1987

Post #19 of 58 (3201 views)
Shortcut

I think England has a very good chance to win it this time. It does not matter if you have enough world class players the key factor will be the group. If the players will stay united I think you can go all the way and win it.

UKPunk

May 24, 2010, 10:55 PM

Post #20 of 58 (3192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VMFC1987] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think England has a very good chance to win it this time. It does not matter if you have enough world class players the key factor will be the group. If the players will stay united I think you can go all the way and win it.

More to the point, the key factor will be whether the group can pass to each other on a consistent basis without losing possession. After watching tonights game I'd say no. So nothing's changed.

Please, please, please let me be wrong!

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 25, 2010, 1:13 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #21 of 58 (3171 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Garrincha's dog] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To
WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT!!

You Spanish then, Tom?

Nope, could just imagine Chapel-en-le-Frith market-place though after the game. It would be mental, people everywhere and all four pubs within 100 yards of each other crammed, people celebrating on the main road...

Come on England Unsure

PonteCarlo
First Team Star

May 26, 2010, 1:35 PM

Team(s): Grimsby Town, Pontefract Collieries

Post #22 of 58 (3110 views)
Shortcut

I'm excited about it, as much as I have a love for non-league, which other tournament brings in so many different nations and reaches every part of the world pretty much? I love all the atmosphere, the colour, the different countries, and regardless of whether England do well or not I'll still enjoy it! One of the best matches I've ever watched on telly (although I must confess I don't watch too often), was the Germany v Italy WC Semi-Final in 2006 - end to end stuff even though it finished goalless after 90 minutes.
Plus you can't beat all the cars and everyone coming together with England flags here, there and everywhere. I think its great that a whole nation comes together like that in the main just for football.

Proud spectator of real football.

Hop, hop, hopping on heaven's door

jon b
First Team Star

May 26, 2010, 2:07 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #23 of 58 (3103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kernovian] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Ditto here.

The WC/EC are nothing more to me than 'filler' in an otherwise entirely unappetising footie vacuum.

What really would light my fire would be a WC/EC played at England C level. Tasty!

No disrespect to the guys who turn out for England C but it must be a nightmare trying to ensure teams are selected from the same level across the countries.

Reminds me of when the gold medal winning Spanish basketball team at a Disabled Olympics was subsequently found not to have a single disabled member.

Anyway, for a month I'm going to pretend that England's top footballers aren't a bunch of spoiled prima donnas, and shout and cheer on my wonderful clean cut all conquering heroes to their magnificent triumphant destiny. Otherwise known as losing on pens in the quarters.

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 28, 2010, 6:50 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #24 of 58 (3002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Three Lions 2010 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Not excited about it, will watch a bit of it, but looking forward to Stourbridge's first friendly at Bartley Green much more.

Ye gods, even I'm not claiming that!

Personally looking to watch as much of the WC as humanly possible (and as work commitments allow!)

Last new ground (844): Yarnton Lane - Kidlington v Didcot 4/9/19
Last game: England v Brazil @ Hednesford 8/9/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 28, 2010, 6:53 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #25 of 58 (3001 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT!!

So was I at your age. 1990 was the last time I really believed we would win it. 1998 was the last time I thought we could win it. Crazy

I honestly believe that England CAN win it.

On the other hand I don't believe that they WILL.

Last new ground (844): Yarnton Lane - Kidlington v Didcot 4/9/19
Last game: England v Brazil @ Hednesford 8/9/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3