St.Marychurch Devils Info?

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

May 1, 2010, 9:14 AM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #1 of 5 (1788 views)
Shortcut
St.Marychurch Devils Info? Can't Post or Reply Privately

A pretty long shot i know. But maybe the likes of TrevorP woll know.

Does anyone have any links of info at all about Torquay based team: 'St.Marychurch Devils' - esp around 83-86 or Pat Murphy?

TUFCJON
Youth Team Sub

May 1, 2010, 12:59 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1761 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] St.Marychurch Devils Info? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
A pretty long shot i know. But maybe the likes of TrevorP woll know.

Does anyone have any links of info at all about Torquay based team: 'St.Marychurch Devils' - esp around 83-86 or Pat Murphy?

Brett, Devils was a Pioneer League Club - so schoolboy age-group teams.

What kind of age is the Pat Murphy you ask about? I'm pretty sure that Ben Murphy who played for TUFC in the 60s had a brother called Pat or Paddy. One of them may well have had a son called Pat. I know Ben had a son about my age called Sean who played for TUFC's youth team.

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

May 13, 2010, 11:10 AM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #3 of 5 (1602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TUFCJON] St.Marychurch Devils Info? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheers Jon, it's a Torquay United love in lol!!!

Ah they were 'only' a pioneer league team then. I wondered if there was an adult team or if they were affiliated to anyone. I used to play for them, on King George V.

I'd say Pat Murphy may be about 65 now so could well be the same borther of Ben.

TUFCJON
Youth Team Sub

May 13, 2010, 10:36 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] St.Marychurch Devils Info? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'd say Pat Murphy may be about 65 now so could well be the same borther of Ben.

Could very well be. If it is the same one, he was a milkman in the early/mid 70s in the Shiphay area. He used to sometimes abandon the milk float for ten minutes and join us kids in a kick around on the green.

Wildeve
Ballboy/girl

Apr 12, 2018, 8:34 AM

Post #5 of 5 (764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TUFCJON] St.Marychurch Devils Info? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes I helped Dad on the milk round, the kids loved seeing him as there was always a game of football when dad was around

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3