UEFA Champions League Final

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 7, 2010, 1:11 PM

Team(s): None

Post #1 of 21 (5100 views)
Shortcut
UEFA Champions League Final Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have just noticed that this years final is on a Saturday, but the UEFA website gives no kick-off time.
Hopefully it will be an evening kick-off, because otherwise if an English team reaches the final most non-league games will kick-off early making it impossible for me to go very far.
Even Welsh League games would probably kick-off early as most of South Wales seems to support Scumchester United.
Can't understand why this change has been made. It's also the same date as the Championship Play-Off at Wembley.

jrev61

scottywalds
First Team Star

Mar 7, 2010, 1:51 PM

Team(s): Boston United

Post #2 of 21 (5092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

7-45pn kick off

jrev61

Mar 7, 2010, 7:00 PM

Post #3 of 21 (5056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottywalds] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks Scottywalds you are better informed than the person who does the UEFA website!

jrev61

garethwrexy

Mar 7, 2010, 8:36 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #4 of 21 (5031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

blame ITV Wink

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

jrev61

Mar 7, 2010, 8:56 PM

Post #5 of 21 (5025 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It will probably clash with Simon Cowell's latest money-making scheme and get a much lower share of the viewing audience than on a Wednesday night.
I'm sure ITV haven't insisted on the change.

jrev61

cope1

Mar 7, 2010, 11:18 PM

Post #6 of 21 (5007 views)
Shortcut

I believe the reason for the change was that the midweek final meant people having to take time of work, and was more difficult for families to attend. How many families I attend I have no idea, but I like the idea myself.

jrev61

Mar 11, 2010, 10:14 PM

Post #7 of 21 (4869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I believe the reason for the change was that the midweek final meant people having to take time of work, and was more difficult for families to attend. How many families I attend I have no idea, but I like the idea myself.

How many families can afford say 4 tickets for the Champions League Final?
Also getting one ticket is difficult, 4 would be pretty impossible unless you're an official UEFA sponsor of course.

jrev61

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 12, 2010, 11:49 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #8 of 21 (4841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or

I'm totally out of favour with this idea. I work Saturdays + Sundays from 15th May onwards and thus won't be able to sup a few ales during the Champions League final. Bad enough I'm forced to work FA Cup final day anyway

Not happy MadMadMad

cope1

Mar 12, 2010, 12:38 PM

Post #9 of 21 (4826 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

How many families can afford say 4 tickets for the Champions League Final?
Also getting one ticket is difficult, 4 would be pretty impossible unless you're an official UEFA sponsor of course.

The price and availabilty are a separate issue. The point is if you can get 4 tickets for your family it's a bugger if you then can't take your kids because of school and/or work. This way most people will be able to.

In reply to Chapeltom: I do sympathise, but this suits me (and probably most people) better as I can get trolleyed and have a lie in on Sunday.

In terms of the change generally, what I don't understand is how so many people find conspiracy theories in something like changing the day of the final. Like I said before, I like the idea and I think it allows people attending to enjoy the occasion more as most of them will be able to spend the weekend in town, making a mini-break out of it, rather than just seeing the game and then having to head back to avoid taking any more leave than necessary. I also don't the European Cup Final being midweek is the same institution as, for instance, the FA Cup Final being on a Saturday.

dottirofhod

Mar 12, 2010, 1:53 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #10 of 21 (4813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm totally out of favour with this idea. I work Saturdays + Sundays from 15th May onwards and thus won't be able to sup a few ales during the Champions League final. Bad enough I'm forced to work FA Cup final day anyway

Not happy MadMadMad

Can I believe you ?????Mad

PS. Sorry about your dreadful grades in your exams.
But glad you fancy a girl , have you told her yet ?

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 274 /232 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 16 / 06 / 2019.
0-0's are standing at 18.
Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0-0). Lux = 0-0. Neth-= 0-0-0-(0 - 0).
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 12, 2010, 8:46 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #11 of 21 (4771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or

Oh you can believe me. The exam results weren't dreadful, just so close to getting Bs in them! 40 to re-sit them, not bad I suppose.

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 13, 2010, 10:32 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #12 of 21 (4695 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I have just noticed that this years final is on a Saturday, but the UEFA website gives no kick-off time.
Hopefully it will be an evening kick-off, because otherwise if an English team reaches the final most non-league games will kick-off early making it impossible for me to go very far.

Won't most leagues have finished by then anyway?

Last new ground (832): Stade Oceane, Le Havre - Argentina v England 14/6/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal

cope1

Mar 15, 2010, 11:41 AM

Post #13 of 21 (4635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DavetheGlassboy] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Won't most leagues have finished by then anyway?

I would've thought so. The SAL tends to finish at the end of April, often allowing a couple of games to be played in the 1st week of May if they affect titles/promotion/relegation.

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 15, 2010, 6:25 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #14 of 21 (4607 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And the European Cup final is when? The 22nd?

Last new ground (832): Stade Oceane, Le Havre - Argentina v England 14/6/19
Last game: as above
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal

garethwrexy

Mar 16, 2010, 5:16 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #15 of 21 (4557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

wouldnt not put it past the fa to put the fa cup final one day for a mid week night final Unimpressed

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

cope1

Mar 22, 2010, 1:32 AM

Post #16 of 21 (4462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
wouldnt not put it past the fa to put the fa cup final one day for a mid week night final Unimpressed

why?

robgrillo
First Team Star

Mar 24, 2010, 6:40 PM

Post #17 of 21 (4355 views)
Shortcut

ITV1 are only showing the Europa League final live if Liverpool are in it.

LATE TO THE GAME - The origins of soccer in Bradford. Available from www.bantamspast.net

andy1886
Reserve Team Sub

May 6, 2010, 5:10 PM

Team(s): motherwell and yorkshire non league

Post #18 of 21 (3978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robgrillo] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
ITV1 are only showing the Europa League final live if Liverpool are in it.

Is this really the case ? I would of thought there could be a bigger audience for the Europa League Final than the Champions League . Where will the Europa League Final be shown ? Channel 5 or ITV 4 or ESPN ?
For once we have an English team in a final that the whole country will be supporting and surely ITV will want to capitalise on that .

thowdreds
Youth Team Star

May 6, 2010, 5:12 PM

Team(s): Accrington Stanley, Blackburn Rovers, BurnleyLeicester City, Halesowen Town

Post #19 of 21 (3977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andy1886] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Its on Channel 5 but I remember them announcing this time last year that they'd secured the rights to it so I'm not sure where ITV come into it.

cope1

May 13, 2010, 12:14 PM

Post #20 of 21 (3823 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thowdreds] UEFA Champions League Final [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'd guess ITV got the Liverpool games and Five got the Fulham games so it worked out well for Five.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 13, 2010, 1:13 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #21 of 21 (3817 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I'd guess ITV got the Liverpool games and Five got the Fulham games so it worked out well for Five.

I wouldn't have thought so as the last few rounds have seen Five cover the Liverpool games while their contribution to Fulham's remarkable run was less than 30 seconds at the end, sometimes not bothering to show all the goals!

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3