Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Archive: Other FA Competitions:
FA Sunday Cup semi final draw

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 22, 2010, 5:01 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #1 of 24 (13930 views)
Shortcut
FA Sunday Cup semi final draw Can't Post or Reply Privately

Birstall Stamford v Magnet Tavern

Hazelhurst or Sungate v Hetton Lyons or Salisbury Athletic

I'm not quite up to speed on this competition, do the first teams out have home advantage? I'm assuming they are neither two legged or at a nuetral ground.

I had intended to go to Hazelhurst v Sungate but it has been put back until next Sunday.

(This post was edited by Isaac on Feb 22, 2010, 5:04 PM)

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 22, 2010, 5:33 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 24 (13918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Neutral I think, here are last year's

THE FA CARLSBERG SUNDAY CUP - SEMI FINAL
SUNDAY 22 MARCH 2009 2.00 WINNERS RECEIVE 1000 - LOSERS RECEIVE 300
Scots Grey v Lakeside Athletic 1-0 519
at Hucknall Town FC
Fforde Grene Brazil v Oyster Martyrs 2-3 450
at Guiseley FC

ash
First Team Sub

Feb 22, 2010, 6:28 PM

Team(s): England, Forest & Gresley

Post #3 of 24 (13911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Can anyone tell me where these teams are from? I know Birstall is in Leicester and I can have a guess at Salisbury bit what about the others?

John Treleven

Feb 22, 2010, 6:48 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 24 (13906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ash] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You might think Salisbury would be from Wiltshire but I think they are from north Liverpool (Crosby)

Magnet Tavern - Boston, Lincs
Hazelhurst - Surrey
Sungate - Dagenham, Essex
Hetton Lyons - Durham

Isaac

Feb 22, 2010, 7:51 PM

Post #5 of 24 (13899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I bet Salisbury Athletic have caught a few people out! Hazelhurst play in the Morden & District Sunday league. Having read some of the postings on here this sounds like a really great competition and its a shame it gets so little coverage. I think you were right about the semi finals being on nuetral grounds, on the FA website I clicked the logo next to the draw and it says venue to be decided.

leicestercity
Ballboy/girl

Feb 22, 2010, 9:07 PM

Post #6 of 24 (13885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I Agree what a great cup and very little is done to promote it. I am new to this cup after watching a team earlier in this seasons first round become hooked!! So much so that travelled to see them every round!! Magnet Tavern of Boston are a true class outfit with a side I feel that would compete in the Northern Prem!! Yesterday they won 3-1 away in Bristol.....now I have a problem as they been drawn away in my hometown of leicester to Birstall Stamford. I may have to be a nueatral for this game!!

AndrewG
First Team Star

Feb 22, 2010, 10:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 24 (13870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leicestercity] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The semi-finals are played on neutral venues selected by the FA, but those venues will be close to the home of the first drawn team. Therefore, one will be in the Leicester area, and one either in South or North East London.

The Mad Chief
Junior Team Regular

Feb 22, 2010, 10:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 24 (13867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leicestercity] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went along to Anfield with a couple of mates for last seasons final, to be honest I wasn't expecting much but ended up seeing one of the best games I have ever seen with Scots Grey beating Oyster Martyrs 4-3 after extra time in a pulsating game.

I'd certainly recommend getting along to a game in this competition to anyone who gets the chance.

Isaac

Feb 23, 2010, 7:38 PM

Post #9 of 24 (13798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Mad Chief] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The odds would appear to be on a Magnet Tavern v Hetton Lyons final.

Has a venue been decided yet?

AndyE
First Team Star

Feb 24, 2010, 12:31 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 24 (13764 views)
Shortcut

I've found a couple of reports that it will be at Anfield. I'm not convinced though - it could just be a lazy journalist assuming that it's always there because it was last year.

John Treleven

Feb 24, 2010, 4:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 24 (13744 views)
Shortcut

Birstall Stamford v Magnet Tavern will be at Hinckley United on Sunday 21st March (2pm)

The other semi venue (same date & time) will be aranged when the teams are known

sven
Junior Team Star

Feb 25, 2010, 8:19 PM

Post #12 of 24 (13676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Mad Chief] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fully agree with the mad one.

I followed Scots Grey from an early stage last year, and the run to the final- and the subsequent epic comeback- involved some of the best football I have seen.

The semi at Hucknall's ground was good, as was the QF at Greenwood Meadows. There were classy goals, some great play and passionate crowds. Really good atmospheres (and a throwback to the 80s with a punch up at the semi - old Forest Executive Crew were present and fancied a bit of rumble, methinks...)

Final was just great- so good even Shrek himself turned up to watch his family capitulate to one one the best teams I have ever seen.

John Treleven

Mar 1, 2010, 10:42 AM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 24 (13565 views)
Shortcut

Results 28th Feb

Hetton Lyons 2, Salisbury Athletic 1

Hazlehurst v Sungate PP to Sun 7th Mch

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Mar 1, 2010, 11:08 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #14 of 24 (13527 views)
Shortcut

I certainly think Hetton Lyons will be in the final. They are having a brilliant season (when the weather permits them to play !!). They are so far behind with their games, they are playing a mid-week game on Thursday. The attached link from Spennymoor's website lists all of their results:

http://www.spennymoortownfc.co.uk/club-info/hetton-lyons-ccfc

I wouldn't rule out Birstall Stamford just yet. This will be their 3rd Sunday Cup semi final and they are a decent team, so their game against Magnet Tavern should be a cracker.

Isaac

Mar 2, 2010, 4:59 PM

Post #15 of 24 (13482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Birstall Stamford v Magnet Tavern semi final will be at Hinckley United.

The other will depend on the outcome of the Hazelhurst v Sungate quarter final which should take place next Sunday, weather permitting!

John Treleven

Mar 8, 2010, 2:03 PM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 24 (13324 views)
Shortcut

Hazelhurst v Hetton Lyons at Sutton United on Sunday 21st March 2pm after Hazelhurst d. Sungate 4-1 yesterday

stixman
Ballboy/girl

Mar 9, 2010, 1:07 PM

Post #17 of 24 (13255 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hazelhurst v Hetton Lyons at Sutton United on Sunday 21st March 2pm after Hazelhurst d. Sungate 4-1 yesterday

I went to the game .

Not a bad game for Sunday League level...

I've seen worse Ryman games this season.

The Programme was quite good for a sunday team effort

I spoke the the Hazelhurst manager about getting some extra programmes, he told me to email him in the week and he'll sort something out. He mentioned he'd had loads of requests from programme collectors/hunters all over England.

I'll let you know ..........

Isaac

Mar 9, 2010, 1:34 PM

Post #18 of 24 (13246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stixman] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes I was there too and I was very impressed with Hazelhurst and look forward to the semi final although I suspect Hetton Lyons will provide a sterner test than Sungate did!

stixman
Ballboy/girl

Mar 10, 2010, 11:27 AM

Post #19 of 24 (13180 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stixman] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Hazelhurst bloke was quite helpful with regard to my request for Sunday Cup programmes.
He said he put some in the post for me.
All he asked ......was for me to send him some spare Sunday National Cup Programmes from my collection.
I don't have many spare FA Sunday cup programmes .....so I'll bung him a couple of quid for a few!!

In Reply To

In Reply To

I went to the game .

Not a bad game for Sunday League level...

I've seen worse Ryman games this season.

The Programme was quite good for a sunday team effort

I spoke the the Hazelhurst manager about getting some extra programmes, he told me to email him in the week and he'll sort something out. He mentioned he'd had loads of requests from programme collectors/hunters all over England.

I'll let you know ..........

(This post was edited by stixman on Mar 10, 2010, 11:30 AM)

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Mar 10, 2010, 11:40 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #20 of 24 (13130 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Birstall Stamford v Magnet Tavern will be at Hinckley United on Sunday 21st March (2pm)

The other semi venue (same date & time) will be aranged when the teams are known

Hazelhurst v Hetton Lyons CC will be played at Sutton United. The date and time are as above.

John Treleven

Mar 11, 2010, 8:00 AM

Team(s):

Post #21 of 24 (13113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] FA Sunday Cup semi final draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

see post no. 16 of this thread

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Mar 12, 2010, 10:02 PM

Post #22 of 24 (13013 views)
Shortcut

Final confirmed as being played at Anfield again:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFASundayCup/NewsAndFeatures/2010/Final_Anfield.aspx

Isaac

Mar 22, 2010, 1:35 PM

Post #23 of 24 (12642 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

That wasn't a bad shout was it?Wink

Is the final played at Anfield every year because of the large number of teams from the Liverpool area taking part?

paulh66

Mar 22, 2010, 5:08 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #24 of 24 (12619 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

That wasn't a bad shout was it?Wink

Is the final played at Anfield every year because of the large number of teams from the Liverpool area taking part?

I think it's more to do with the fact that Carlsberg are sponsors of both the FA Sunday Cup and Liverpool FC. Though I'm sure the longstanding popularity of the Sunday Cup on Merseyside wouldn't have escaped Carlsberg's attention either.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Mar 22, 2010, 5:13 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3