Home: Games: Twenty Questions:
Twenty Questions #242

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Feb 10, 2010, 12:03 PM

Post #26 of 89 (1302 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [KnowYourMarket] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Don't know if this counts as my question or not.
Can you clarify whether both (or only one of them) is deceased.

Garrincha's dog
First Team Star

Feb 10, 2010, 12:05 PM

Post #27 of 89 (1301 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Garrincha's dog] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

If the answer to the above is both, then my guess is: Stacey and West the 2 Lincoln City supporters who perished in Valley Parade fire.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member! / Moderator

Feb 10, 2010, 12:19 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #28 of 89 (1295 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Garrincha's dog] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Q: Is there one particular event that links them or is it that they were just around at the same time? Or not, of course.

And it's pedant's corner, there only being one Tongue

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 10, 2010, 12:38 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #29 of 89 (1293 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Jamesie] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Are they both the same nationality?

No Paul, they are seperate nationalies.

You do mean nationalities, or perhaps nationalities, don't you? Wink

And yes, I'm still alive, and not (yet?) a ghost haunting you!

(Sorry, but I'll have to think a bit more before making my next question or stab. Mip, don't worry, I have no intentions stabbing you! I just got overexcited and overlooked the dead or alive clue!)

(This post was edited by Lars on Feb 10, 2010, 12:47 PM)

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 10, 2010, 4:21 PM

Team(s):

Post #30 of 89 (1251 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [KnowYourMarket] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Two spectators?

G: Buncranaboy and Yorkieexile doing Riverdance at Halton and breaking the tea bar floor?

No, although I would hsve liked to have seen that. It sounded like that Father Ted episode in the caravan.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 10, 2010, 4:22 PM

Team(s):

Post #31 of 89 (1250 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Garrincha's dog] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Don't know if this counts as my question or not.
Can you clarify whether both (or only one of them) is deceased.

I can testify to one being dead, and the other one is alive to my knowledge.

Just a note to anyone who is wondering, I am no longer a moderator of this forum due to current personal circumstances and work commitments. If you need help, contact leohoenig or Steve walker. Thank You.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 10, 2010, 4:23 PM

Team(s):

Post #32 of 89 (1249 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Garrincha's dog] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
If the answer to the above is both, then my guess is: Stacey and West the 2 Lincoln City supporters who perished in Valley Parade fire.

Not those people Tony.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 10, 2010, 4:25 PM

Team(s):

Post #33 of 89 (1248 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [buncranaboy] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Q: Is there one particular event that links them or is it that they were just around at the same time? Or not, of course.

And it's pedant's corner, there only being one Tongue

You could say that an event links them.

And it's pedants' corner, evidently (now you've tried to correct me) there's more than one Cool

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 10, 2010, 4:31 PM

Team(s):

Post #34 of 89 (1247 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Lars] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Are they both the same nationality?

No Paul, they are seperate nationalies.

You do mean nationalities, or perhaps nationalities, don't you? Wink

And yes, I'm still alive, and not (yet?) a ghost haunting you!

(Sorry, but I'll have to think a bit more before making my next question or stab. Mip, don't worry, I have no intentions stabbing you! I just got overexcited and overlooked the dead or alive clue!)

You know what I meant. Blush

My keyboard sticks. At work I tend to use a PC with the keys slightly raised, at home my laptop has flat keys. So I find I'm missing letters because I've hit a key by mistake or not tapped it hard enough due to the "stickiness". The letter T gets missed often, as does the letter I and the letter A... which normally sees my with cAPS LOCKED BY MISTAKE. Mad Mock my speeling again and you will be a ghost PirateSly

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 10, 2010, 5:29 PM

Post #35 of 89 (1235 views)
Shortcut

Dear Jamesie, before I start to stab again, I wonder about some practical things...
Let's suppose the answer is John Lennon & Paul McCartney.

Scenario 1:
Someone guesses John Lennon & Yoko Ono. Will you then answer it with simply "No"? Or will you answer like "One of them is right", or even "Lennon is right, but not Ono". Or will you improvise?

Scenario 2:
Lars: Is John Lennon one of the persons?
Jamesie: Yes!
Then, the winner will be the first one to discover who the other person of the pair is, right?

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 10, 2010, 5:38 PM

Team(s):

Post #36 of 89 (1225 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Dear Jamesie, before I start to stab again, I wonder about some practical things...
Let's suppose the answer is John Lennon & Paul McCartney.

Scenario 1:
Someone guesses John Lennon & Yoko Ono. Will you then answer it with simply "No"? Or will you answer like "One of them is right", or even "Lennon is right, but not Ono". Or will you improvise?

Scenario 2:
Lars: Is John Lennon one of the persons?
Jamesie: Yes!
Then, the winner will be the first one to discover who the other person of the pair is, right?

Stop stabbing, it's illegal over here!

I guess using scenario 2, that is bang right. Setting up the first part of the answer, it is really a question rather than a guess. So if you were to state "Is John Lennon one of the persons?", in response to the "Yes", you could slam dunk the winner by stating "Lennon and McCartney". In scenario 1, I will state one of them is right, but offer another guess, but in all honesty I can't see this happening. Once you discover either person, you will wiki them and the other is listed on their page.

mip
Man City Transfer Target! / Moderator

Feb 10, 2010, 8:08 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #37 of 89 (1201 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Once you discover either person, you will wiki them and the other is listed on their page.

We're not really very far with this one yet. Many possible directions for questions.

Q: Where at least one of these persons involved in either officiating or administration of some sort?

Clarification on your remark above. Do they really have a common wiki page?

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 10, 2010, 9:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #38 of 89 (1151 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [mip] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To

In Reply To
Once you discover either person, you will wiki them and the other is listed on their page.

We're not really very far with this one yet. Many possible directions for questions.

Q: Where at least one of these persons involved in either officiating or administration of some sort?

Clarification on your remark above. Do they really have a common wiki page?

No not a common wiki page. It's sort of like the page for Stuart James has a link to Michael Petersen's page at the foot - no-one else's - and Michael Petersen's page having one to Stuart James'.

They weren't involved administration or officiating.

ciderjon
First Team Star

Feb 10, 2010, 10:29 PM

Team(s):

Post #39 of 89 (1131 views)
Shortcut

Once upon a time life was easy. 20Q was sometimes easy. Sometimes I used to win. Now I can't even understand the answers and I have no idea where this particular game is heading. But I'm still allowed a question, it's just I can't think of much to bring us closer to these mystery people. Prominent people presumably so I'll go down that route....

Q.Did these two come to prominence (in whatever way they are/were known for)before 1970?

Last new Belgian beer: Lupulus (formerly Trois Fourquets) Triple 8.5% bc (808)

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 10, 2010, 10:33 PM

Team(s):

Post #40 of 89 (1128 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ciderjon] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Once upon a time life was easy. 20Q was sometimes easy. Sometimes I used to win. Now I can't even understand the answers and I have no idea where this particular game is heading. But I'm still allowed a question, it's just I can't think of much to bring us closer to these mystery people. Prominent people presumably so I'll go down that route....

Q.Did these two come to prominence (in whatever way they are/were known for)before 1970?

Believe me Jon, it is getting harder to set these and find answers.

In answer to the Q - one came to prominence before 1970... one after. 1970 is important.

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 10, 2010, 10:41 PM

Post #41 of 89 (1124 views)
Shortcut

Good answer regarding my last question!

Q: Were/Was/Is one of them active as a ****e*****r?
(Sorry, but don't want to give clues to the other guys here. Wink)

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 10, 2010, 10:58 PM

Post #42 of 89 (1109 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Lars] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Come on Jamesie!!! Only 5 minutes to midnight here in Sweden!

Now I must guess!
G: Andrés Cantor

paulh66

Feb 10, 2010, 11:42 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #43 of 89 (1088 views)
Shortcut

Total guess - Brian Moore and David Coleman

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Feb 10, 2010, 11:58 PM

Post #44 of 89 (1081 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Total guess - Brian Moore and David Coleman

Heck, I wanted to change my guess to Brian Moore (but midnight appeared), and was about to include him in my next guess.

Jamesie,
if the answer to my last question is/was yes, then
G: Brian Moore & Jimmy Hill
else
no guess

Edit: No, I withdraw that guess, as Jimmy Hill was a player and you've said none of the two guys you're looking for was a player.

(This post was edited by Lars on Feb 11, 2010, 12:14 AM)

paulh66

Feb 11, 2010, 12:25 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #45 of 89 (1069 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Lars] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Q: Were these 2 blokes British?

Monsieur Pascal
Youth Team Star

Feb 11, 2010, 12:38 AM

Team(s): Coventry City for my sins

Post #46 of 89 (1064 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or Reply Privately

Did these 2 people have the same occupation types (eg both were builders, bus drivers, lollipop men) ?

So many more questions worth asking, though with the muddled guesses so far, there's not a lot of help to go on.

(This post was edited by Monsieur Pascal on Feb 11, 2010, 1:30 AM)

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 11, 2010, 8:43 AM

Team(s):

Post #47 of 89 (1044 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Good answer regarding my last question!

Q: Were/Was/Is one of them active as a ****e*****r?
(Sorry, but don't want to give clues to the other guys here. Wink)

Sorry Lars, I'm not sure what that means. Unless you mean commentator, in which the answer is no.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 11, 2010, 8:45 AM

Team(s):

Post #48 of 89 (1042 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Come on Jamesie!!! Only 5 minutes to midnight here in Sweden!

Now I must guess!
G: Andrés Cantor

Sorry for the delay Lars, had to sleep early last night. Very tired after two days shopping. Andrés Cantor is not one of the people I'm looking for.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 11, 2010, 8:47 AM

Team(s):

Post #49 of 89 (1039 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [paulh66] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Q: Were these 2 blokes British?

Neither were British.

Jamesie
Deleted

Feb 11, 2010, 8:56 AM

Team(s):

Post #50 of 89 (1036 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Monsieur Pascal] Twenty Questions #242 [In reply to]   or

In Reply To
Did these 2 people have the same occupation types (eg both were builders, bus drivers, lollipop men) ?

So many more questions worth asking, though with the muddled guesses so far, there's not a lot of help to go on.

Excellent question. These two people did have the same occupation type!

Right now here's the thing. I'll be heading away for a short holiday TOMORROW, so I'll need to get this done soon. Here's the deal, I'll be on here most of today after getting my hair cut and having my bikini line waxed, so I think this once to get things moving the rules on this game are slightly changed. You may ask as many questions and guesses as you want, with the only rule being you have to wait till I answer your first Q/G before you ask your next.

I think this is a pretty difficult one, I don't want it to stagnate the competition, if no-one gets the answer by Friday at noon I'll have to nominate a third party to continue the game for me.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3